Chit Chat

How did you beat the post-wedding blues?

So H and I are leaving for our honeymoon in Italy, Greece, and Amsterdam on Saturday. I cannot wait. This is a a trip of a lifetime and we are going to have a blast.

Though there is a part of me that is dreading the trip because after it's over, our wedding/honeymoon period is completely done and I am already feeling sad that the wedding is over. In preparation for our return to reality, I've started brainstorming things that I want to do when we return to keep me falling to a depression.I feel like if I have a plan to attack it before it begins, it may be easier. 

So far on my list I have catch up on all the TV shows that we've been meaning to watch, create a wedding photo album, throw another party using all of our new awesome registry gifts. 

What did you do to help you get through the post-wedding blues?

Re: How did you beat the post-wedding blues?

• I did not experience that. It was more of a relief that it was finally over and we were finally married. Back to regular life and on to the next goal. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Stayed on The Knot?

I didn't have post-wedding blues.  Just got back to our normal routine.    It might have helped that I always had all of Sept and part of Oct off and that is when we got married and took our HM.  So once back I had a week or so to regroup and then work started back up as it did every year. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • My best friend got engaged right before my wedding so I got to channel wedding energy into helping her. That was fun!

Otherwise, agree with Lynda- I stayed here and still get to chat about weddings and other stuff. 

I was actually relieved it was over because we could focus more on work and other life-stuff in general. I'm happy we're legally a family unit now. 

• Writing my TY notes helped me relive the experience.  And yes, staying on TK.  

I look back & I had so much fun that I'm still sad sometimes that it's over but just looking forward to building our life together.  We plan on doing something special (just the 2 of us) for our 1st anniversary and planning our HM, which we delayed by 5 months.  That's pretty much it!

Congratulations and enjoy your HM!  
  • I know I've got a mile long list of house projects that I've been putting off, so there's that....

At this point, 12 days out, I'm looking forward to the wedding part being over.  I'm super stoked to be married and to just get on with life.   We aren't doing a honeymoon right now (maybe in a year).
    Married 9.12.15
  • DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    How about  instead of having the blues you can finally have a sigh of relief. It's over, whoo hoo! You're married, YAY!.  Have an awesome vacation! Then dive into the holidays  and start making your own traditions. 
    Congratulations !
  • I had some post wedding blues after we returned from the HM. Here's some advice. You're about to take an amazing trip. Be present for all of it. Don't think about the wedding being over. Enjoy your vacation. I ended up keeping a journal of our entire trip. Each night, I would sit down and write about what we did that day, and what we had planned for the next day. It helped me be in the moment. And bonus, I have something really awesome to look back on. 

We're in the middle of renovating our house, so I was able to focus on that once everything settled back to normal. And we planned a trip for that March, so I had something to look forward to. I'm not going to lie - now that we're coming up on a year, I still sometimes get a little sad that the day is over, because it truly was the best day of my life so far. But we have so many awesome things to look forward to. 
  • Sex. Without any concerns in the world sex. And eating like I don't have to squeeze in a dress and have 10 billion photos taken.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• How about  instead of having the blues you can finally have a sigh of relief. It's over, whoo hoo! You're married, YAY!.  Have an awesome vacation! Then dive into the holidays  and start making your own traditions. 
    Congratulations !
    During the last 2-3 months of the planning period, I was so ready for it to be over and to move on with life. Then the wedding happened and it was the BEST day of our lives. It was so wonderful that I worry we peaked!

I think the summer ending is also adding to the impending doom of wedding withdrawal. 
  • I had some post wedding blues after we returned from the HM. Here's some advice. You're about to take an amazing trip. Be present for all of it. Don't think about the wedding being over. Enjoy your vacation. I ended up keeping a journal of our entire trip. Each night, I would sit down and write about what we did that day, and what we had planned for the next day. It helped me be in the moment. And bonus, I have something really awesome to look back on. 

We're in the middle of renovating our house, so I was able to focus on that once everything settled back to normal. And we planned a trip for that March, so I had something to look forward to. I'm not going to lie - now that we're coming up on a year, I still sometimes get a little sad that the day is over, because it truly was the best day of my life so far. But we have so many awesome things to look forward to. 

This is great advice! My SIL gave me a journal for my bachelorette party gift. This is the perfect way to use it!
  • I got over the blues by eating junk, too much of it.  And then it caused other blues of my clothes not fitting.  oops.

I think it took me a while to get over it, mostly because so much brain power went into thinking and planning, and I didn't really even do that much it was pretty low-key but still it was on my mind a lot. Afterwards it was like hmmm what's next.  I didn't have another project so sadly candy became my next project.

• I usually don't let myself be sad for more than like  a day. I try to have a positive attitude about the situation and turn it around.  It just what seems to work for me lately. Especially with wedding planning and  a bunch of hard stuff I'm going through right now. 
  • I definitely felt more relieved to be back to normal life than sad that it was all over. Our wedding and honeymoon were WONDERFUL, but after 15 months of planning and constantly thinking about the big day, it was a relief when it was done (and everything went according to plan!).  And H came down with a cold-turned-sinus-infection right when we got back from the HM, so our first three weeks of "normal" married life involved me nursing him back to health. After that, it was SO nice not to have to plan anything, take care of a sick man(child), or work on crafts for every spare moment.

My sister, who got married earlier this month, did have a similar experience to you - she had so much fun at her wedding and honeymoon that she was pretty bummed when it was all over. My advice to her was to be grateful that the planning is done and that everything went exactly how she envisioned, and that now she and her H can look forward to whatever their next step is!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I anticipate having post wedding blues, I admit. I plan on staying on TK, hopefully that will combat some of those feelings.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards