Chit Chat

Need Help! can not figure out how to make my centerpieces

hey everyone i need som help. i can not figure out how to make my idea for centerpieces work i have googled and googled but nothing is jumping out at me. I have mason jars and i bought loose pearls. the theme im going for is vintage elegant rustic chic, if that makes any sense lol. my dress is made of tulle and has a crystal belt. i need some ideas how to make everything fit together. I need suggestions. Thank you in advance

Re: Need Help! can not figure out how to make my centerpieces

• hey everyone i need som help. i can not figure out how to make my idea for centerpieces work i have googled and googled but nothing is jumping out at me. I have mason jars and i bought loose pearls. the theme im going for is vintage elegant rustic chic, if that makes any sense lol. my dress is made of tulle and has a crystal belt. i need some ideas how to make everything fit together. I need suggestions. Thank you in advance
    I suggest you look on Pinterest, you should be able to find plenty of mason jar centerpieces on there. But if you Googled it and still nothing is jumping out, I doubt someone on here is going to have any ideas that Google didn't already show you. Also, the bolded means absolutely nothing to anyone except you, so it's hard to really help with ideas.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited August 2015

This popped up when i searched pearl centerpiece.  Also, I'm not really sure what vintage elegant rustic chic is but these are some centerpieces my florist has done, I feel like maybe it's something you would like:  painted mason jars.

ETF words

• julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    I personally think that mason jars don't go with pearls and anything relating to "elegant".  What about trying to find some cheaper vases or things like mercury glass?  I think those would relate to your "theme" more than jars would.  My cousin had a sort of shabby chic sort of wedding and her centerpieces were lots of different sizes/shapes of vases with 1 or 2 flowers in them each, and then had them surrounded by pearls.  She just hit up a lot of thrift and vintage stores and collected them over the span of months.

For the record, I am using mason jars for my centerpieces, but my wedding is in a barn and it's not an event I'd call "elegant" by any stretch.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • BTW this is sort of what she had, only used clear glass bottles/vases instead of the wine bottles.  image
    Married 9.12.15
  • Fill mason jars with sugar and put a votive candle in it. Drape with pearls.
  • You could use mason jars with a candle, sand, and pearls inside.  Here is a picture using just a vase but you get the general idea: http://www.ezer5let.hu/wp-content/uploads/karácsony-diy-mécses.jpg

Use the pearls in the mason jars with water and some flowers: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ba/06/34/ba06341a1ac789e4679c91855adfbffc.jpg

Fill the mason jars with water and place some pearls and floating candle inside, which might look something like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f3/6b/4b/f36b4bb36d16929782b41c962f8bf19f.jpg

Make a topiary using pearls and maybe use the mason jars with candles in them around it: http://www.garotacomportada.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/festa.jpg
  • hey everyone i need som help. i can not figure out how to make my idea for centerpieces work i have googled and googled but nothing is jumping out at me. I have mason jars and i bought loose pearls. the theme im going for is vintage elegant rustic chic, if that makes any sense lol. my dress is made of tulle and has a crystal belt. i need some ideas how to make everything fit together. I need suggestions. Thank you in advance
    You're having a hard time because the bolded doesn't make any sense. vintage and rustic are SO FAR from elegant and chic. Stop trying to make things fit into this theme and just go with what you like and I think you'll be okay. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited September 2015
    I personally don't think mason jars and pearls go together at all, and I think you've come up with a theme that doesn't really make sense. I also feel that the mason jar thing is overdone. However, I googled mason jars and pearl, and I found this, and I don't hate it. 

• I too am a tad confused by your theme but did a quick search and found this.

I am definitely interested to see what you ultimately come up with - so please post pics of your finished product!!

• Uh..."vintage rustic elegant chic" sounds like four different themes to me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited September 2015
    I love the pee jar and blue garter. nice.

This looks easy:

I'd skip the stuff coming out the top of the mason jar. Use one bloom, floatng on water with a few leaves. Get some smaller mason jars and put votive candles in them.

• My daughter's centerpieces were one hydrangea blossom plopped into one glass vase.  Beautiful.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

This popped up when i searched pearl centerpiece.  Also, I'm not really sure what vintage elegant rustic chic is but these are some centerpieces my florist has done, I feel like maybe it's something you would like:  painted mason jars.

ETF words

Personally, I think these are very pretty.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• OP - you could post this on the DIY board for more suggestions.

It would help to know the size of the mason jars and if you woud be using flowers ( real or silk),  candles,  or something else.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards