Wedding Reception Forum

The Guestbook

So I'm having my ceremony at the church and the reception at another venue which is 5 miles away.  How does the guest/sign in book work?  I want to make sure that people get an opportunity to sign the guestbook if they don't attend both the ceremony and reception so that we know who all came.  Does the guest/sign in book travel? Or are there two separate ones?  Or do you just have one at the reception or ceremony according to your discretion?

Re: The Guestbook

• I think most people have the guest book at the reception venue and let the guests sign in there. 

If you know of guests who are attending only the ceremony (presumably you invited them to the reception as well, because not to do so would be very rude), you might put the guest book somewhere at the ceremony site where they can sign it, let those guests know by word of mouth where the guest book is, and then take it with you to the reception.

• I've only ever seen the guestbook at the reception. I've never seen it set up at the ceremony. 
  • So I'm having my ceremony at the church and the reception at another venue which is 5 miles away.  How does the guest/sign in book work?  I want to make sure that people get an opportunity to sign the guestbook if they don't attend both the ceremony and reception so that we know who all came.  Does the guest/sign in book travel? Or are there two separate ones?  Or do you just have one at the reception or ceremony according to your discretion?
    I would stick to one guestbook, but you could probably choose where you want it placed. It is most common to see them at receptions where I am from, so I honestly don't think I even look for one at the ceremony. Also, just because I do see it I often times don't sign it. I either forget or its asking something of me like writing a date night down or something similar. I'm no good at that= I'll pass. I would just stick to one place to put it.
  • Thank Ladies...I think I'll just have it at the reception only. 
  • Definitely don't expect everyone to sign it. Even with your best efforts, a lot of people just won't. You should have another way to know who attended or not if you are really interested in that information. Out of about 160 invitees, and about 145 or so "yes" responses, we had 2 no-shows. I didn't count how many people signed our guest book, but maybe 50 or so (with just about everyone we invited part of a couple, that would represent 100 people, or 67% of the guests).
  • MandyMost said:
    Definitely don't expect everyone to sign it. Even with your best efforts, a lot of people just won't. You should have another way to know who attended or not if you are really interested in that information. Out of about 160 invitees, and about 145 or so "yes" responses, we had 2 no-shows. I didn't count how many people signed our guest book, but maybe 50 or so (with just about everyone we invited part of a couple, that would represent 100 people, or 67% of the guests).
    Count me in the camp that doesn't sign guest books.  I hate trying to think of something cute to write and sorry not sorry, getting myself a drink and some appetizers is of higher importance.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards