New York-Long Island

budget for honeymoon

Me and my fiance just started talking about what are options are for our honeymoon.  We have picked up some booklets on vacation spots but I'm wondering how much we shoulld put aside for our honeymoon.  Anyone willing to share how much they spent on their honeymoon, where you went, how long you spent at the vacation spent?

any advice is welcomed!! THANKS!

Re: budget for honeymoon

• edited December 2011
    I flew to Nantucket ($69 each way via JetBlue) and stayed there for 5 days.  we spent about three thousand dollars between airfare, car service, hotel and food.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Harmonie,
    Where are you thinking of going? Any ideas? Fiance and I are trying not to spend tens of thousands of dollars either so we are going to do an all inclusive to cancun. Not Sandals or anything - that's an option too:) Lots of friends of ours did this and loved it. We chose a resort where there's adults only - like no spring breaker's and stuff. I've actually never been to cancun so i'm excited. will cost about 3000 for the both of us w/everything included:)
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    spring breakers are only around during spring break :)
    dh and i have a timeshare in cancun and go every december. there rep it has is horrible. the 'spring break' popular spots aare like 10% of all that there is to do there. wonderful restaurants, great shopping, everything close-we love it.

we paid for all of our wedding so we opted to stay at our timeshare's sister resort-still in cancun but down the street-and a completely different resort. we did 2 weeks there and since we exchanged our TS it was pretty cheap (i think it was 2k for flights, transfers and all of the drinks, food, massages etc...). becuase we just went there for HM we decided that we'd do a larger anniversary trip at another time-so we are-we're doing 19 nigths in italy next sept/oct and it's costing about 12k after all is said and done. that's a few weeks before our 5th anniversary.

• harmonieharmonie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We really haven't decided where we want to spend our honeymoon at because we aren't extremely picky when it comes to vacations.  We just want to be some where warm and nice with lots of things to do.  I have gotten a few brochures from the travel agent that includes places that have all-inclusive options which I am definitely leaning towards, however in the books no prices are shown so I'm not sure how to choose.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    price them out online or ask the TA for a quote. that will give you a better idea for those specific locations rather than just random places where everyone else went at other times.

• edited December 2011
    www.McCoyTravel.com
    Direct:1-213-784-4708 or 800-256-4280 ext.116
    Michael.Byrne@mccoytravel.com 
     look him up  great packages
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards