Not Engaged Yet

Stormy Monday

edited September 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
We woke up this morning to thunder and it's been raining since then.  There is a ton of lightning, and it was very beautiful to watch as I drove in to work.

So what's going on this Monday?  We had our first fall-like days this weekend.  They were absolutely wonderful!  

Questions:
What is your favorite end-of-summer/start-of-fall tradition?
Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
Boots or booties or flats?
Coffee: black, milk, sugar, cream, creamer?
I'm teaching a baking class this weekend... what do you recommend I include?  I already have an idea of what I want to do, but I'd love to hear your recommendations!

ETA:  I just want y'all to know that I am super excited that this is not a duplicate post... @Swazzle, you are SLACKING!!  ;)

Re: Stormy Monday

• It's beautiful here today but it was raining all day yesterday. Saturday was pretty nice though. I thought it was supposed to be 70's this week but after today it's going to be low 80's. I kind of want to start wearing boots and sweaters.

Questions:
    What is your favorite end-of-summer/start-of-fall tradition? I don't have any traditions
    Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? introvert
    Boots or booties or flats? depends on how cold it is - if it's really cold i'm wearing boots
    Coffee: black, milk, sugar, cream, creamer? i don't drink coffee
    I'm teaching a baking class this weekend... what do you recommend I include?  I already have an idea of what I want to do, but I'd love to hear your recommendations! hmm..cupcakes?

• I was just about to post a Monday thread! I got sidetracked with planning my meals and exercise schedule for the week. You beat me, @CocoBellaF!

On Friday, I got home from work and went straight to the gym where I did about 35 minutes on the elliptical. H and I had crockpot salsa verde chicken tacos and it was SO GOOD. Seriously one of my favorite dinners and it's so easy. The rest of the night was just relaxing on the couch. 

Saturday, I got up and cleaned the house, picked up my BFF from the train station and we met her mom for dinner at an adorable and delicious French restaurant. We went to the movies to see The Gift (which was really good!) and then back to my house where we drank all. the. wine and just spent the rest of the night chatting. 

Yesterday,  we went to breakfast then I dropped her off at her mom's, ran a mile, ate lunch, and went to the gym for Zumba. I liked it a LOT! I will definitely go back and do it again. I did my food shopping for the week then went home and cooked all of my lunches, showered, had dinner, and relaxed. H was at the Dolphins/Redskins game in DC and got home around 9:30 and I was already in bed. I watched Fear the Walking Dead and was out like a light. 

It's my early week so I'm going to try a new class at the gym (Total Tone) at 5 and H has hockey so I'm on my own for dinner. I'm thinking I'll stop at Panera and try to make healthy choices! Then I have to shower as quickly as possible because MY EAGLES FINALLY PLAY TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so freaking excited, it was torture yesterday! 

I don't really have any traditions. I was just excited that it was chilly enough for a jacket this morning!  

I'm going to go with ambivert.

I love all of them but I'm most excited about my booties.

Milk and a little sugar

I'm teaching a baking class this weekend... what do you recommend I include? 
    Ummmmmm something appley or pumpkiny!

• Nice job with the workouts this weekend @swazzle! I didn't do anything Friday or Saturday. Yesterday I went for a walk and today I'm going to try to do a workout when I get home. 
    I made sauce and meatballs yesterday and ate too much pasta for dinner and my stomach feels enormous!

• edited September 2015
    H calls me Leslie Knope because I make traditions for everything.  Our end-of-summer/start-of-fall traditions are:  
    First Boot Weather Day - haven't had it yet, normally way too hot until October
    Buying Fall Flowers Day - did that this weekend!
    Buying Pumpkins Day - not yet
    First Fall Coffee Drink Day - this weekend!
    Pups Wear Fall Scarves Day - not yet, I have to buy some fabric and make them
    Good-Bye Sandals Day - this will officially happen soon.  I've quit wearing sandals and switched to flats, but I haven't packed up my sandals quite yet.
    Hello Sweaters Day - not yet
    First Football Game Day - oh yeah!
    First Chili Day - next week!
    First Wear a Scarf Day - soooon!

It is really this bad: 

Introvert

ALL OF THEM.  I'm excited to wear my booties this year, though.

Black or with a little bit of full cream

Right now I'm planning on: Pumpkin bread with a crumbly topping, snickerdoodles, choc chip cookies, homemade 1-hour roll recipe.  Now that someone said something apple-y, I'm thinking about also doing my favorite Apple Bundt Cake to show how to grease and do a bundt cake recipe with floating pieces of fruit in it.  YUM!!
  • edited September 2015
    Swazzle said:
    @Swazzle:  This is how I feel about beating you at the morning thread.
    imageimage

What's wrong?
  • What is your favorite end-of-summer/start-of-fall tradition?
    Celebrating my anniversary :) this year was a little weird because we celebrated the actual day early and we are doing our trip (which is our gift to each other) next month, but usually we kick off fall with our anniversary and enjoy the nostalgia that comes after!

Ambivert, but I lean more towards introversion.

Booties! They look good with any outfit!

Black, no sugar. Drinking some right now!

I know nothing about baking, so I can't offer any suggestions because they are all boring lol

Omg... this weekend was awful.

I'm exhausted, stressed, and annoyed with how it went. Basically I underestimated how much time I would have to devote to my school work this week, and did stuff here and there at the beginning of the week but then I realized I had to do this two page financial report thing that I didn't account for and I wasn't even close to finishing my other stuff. I spent all of Thursday cleaning and decluttering and didn't touch my homework so Friday was when I figured out I was screwed and so I spent Friday, Saturday, and yesterday glued to my laptop. I left work two hours early on Saturday and one hour early yesterday because I NEEDED the extra time and I know my coworkers are gonna have a field day with that but what could I do?? I literally finished just before midnight last night, which was when everything was due, so if I didn't take those extra three hours I wouldn't have finished. And I'm afraid of my grades too. I am NOT doing well. /vent.
  • I am super cranky this morning!!!! I woke up with AF so I am no a happy camper today. 

This weekend was pretty good. Friday night we went out with BF's Mom and Uncle for his Uncle's birthday. Saturday BF had to work so I hung out and did stuff around the house. Saturday night we cooked food on the grill and watched Straight Outta Compton. It was pretty good.

Yesterday we had a game and it was cold and raining. Some drama came up, with two separate parents non the less, so I have to deal with that today and I am so not in the mood for it.

I apologize for being a grouch but I don't even want to answer the questions today.
    friends tv show funy
  • What a busy weekend. I am hosting a girl's night at my house on Thursday so H and I spent the entire weekend cleaning. We STILL have a few projects to finish up. He was such a huge help and didn't complain at all. The poor guy even unclogged my shower. I won't go into details about that! I'm trying to think of a good way to say "thank you". I just want him to know how much I appreciate him, even though I've told him at least 10 times over the weekend! Any ideas?

Other than cleaning, we did have some fun. Saturday my parents came over and we tried out our new bbq grill. It was awesome! I really loved seeing my parents. I don't get to see them too often. On Sunday we went over to a friend's house to watch the Packers/Bears game. GO PACK GO! We had jambalaya and fried fish with brownies for dessert. And of course, lots of drinks. Then H and I went to go look at trees. We are thinking of planting one in our backyard to signify our first year married and first year in our new home. It will be fun to watch it grow!

Questions:
    What is your favorite end-of-summer/start-of-fall tradition? Pumpkin-everything and comfy clothes!
    Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? Introvert
    Boots or booties or flats? Booties. I have a black pair that are so comfy I wear the heck out of them every fall/winter.
    Coffee: black, milk, sugar, cream, creamer? Flavored coffee. If I have to have regular coffee, I'll add in milk or cream AND sugar.
    I'm teaching a baking class this weekend... what do you recommend I include?  That sounds fun! I'm planning on making a sopapilla cheesecake this week, but it's such an easy recipe that it may not work for your class.

@CocoBellaF - We have had cooler weather here too the past week - I love it!
    @lavenderfields13 - I'm ready for boots too!
    @swazzle - so glad you liked Zumba!
    @untouchablets - I'm sorry, I hope things get better for you!
    @caseface5 - Sounds like chocolate is in your future today!
    @speakeasy14 - LOVE your hair!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @untouchablets oh no! Hopefully even though you scrambled all weekend, you did well and it will bring up your grades.

• Well ... Friday I have zero memory of what we did. Mustn't have been entertaining hahaha

Saturday I planned on having a bum day {ie; do absolutely fuck all} but ended up being pretty productive. My mum doesn't drive, so we did some groceries with her at the super store. I planned on buying ingredients for a soup but found out we don't have a big enough pot. Since Matt's parents are out west on vaca, we can't ask them to borrow theirs. Ended up cleaning up our spare room. We collect shot glasses, Matt has a bunch of beer mugs/steins plus my funk-o-pops, I decided to use our shelves in the spare room and display them all out. Looks great!

Sunday I had a headache so I was couch bound. Watched netflix and Matt went to a buddy's place for football game.

All weekend was wonderful fall weather and now this week it's freezing in the morning but super warm by afternoon. Bring back my chilly weather!! *snarl*

Also, they released all the new show times and of course majority are on Mondays when I have my course!!! Guhhh. At least we have pvr so I can watch later in the week.

Questions:
    Usually it's pretty warm through September, but by Thanksgiving in October I'm making fall foods like soups, apple crisp or pumpkin pie. I also swap my drink orders. McD's it's hot chocolate, Starbucks it's Skinny Vanilla Latte with cinnamon and Timmie's it's either tea or french vanilla

ambivert but more introvert

boots with heels or flats

french vanilla coffeemate

I'm teaching a baking class this weekend... what do you recommend I include?  I already have an idea of what I want to do, but I'd love to hear your recommendations!
    Something fall related. Maybe a pumpkin pie or cinnamon rolls or apple crisp!! {and now I want those .... dammit}
  • @Labro - What is your pickled jalapenos recipe?  We have a ton too, and H loves pickled jalapenos.  And I LOVE those cookies.

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    Good morning!  I just wanted to drop in and say "hi" but I'll be swamped at work today and can't play.  I have several hundreds of pages of documents to get through....and people wonder why I don't read for pleasure anymore.  I'll post a workout thread though for accountability purposes.

This weekend was busy...I worked out, worked a little (blah), cooked, cleaned and did all of the necessary chores basically.  

I don't really have any traditions. I love the leaves falling though!

Introvert.

Flats....I love flats.

Black with a little milk.

Agree with something fall related.
  • @speakeasy14 That gif thing is crazy! Glad your mom's wedding was great and your hair is cute! I went to get my hair trimmed this weekend and now it's super short and I'm kind of upset. She wasn't even taking that much off- my hair just magically disappears or something when I get a trim. Now I probably won't be cutting it for another year!

@labro I'm an introvert and I LOVE that my close friends are pretty much extroverts - I need them to balance me out lol. And that's really how I make friends- I'm too introverted to usually start talking to people.

• @labro @lavenderfields13 I LOVE extroverted people... in doses. I always need to go home and "recharge" for a day or two. I've always been like that, people always accuse me of not liking them because of it lol. I lived with an extrovert for a while and that wasn't good for me, I wound up spending most of my free time away from people because my job AND my home was always full of people needing to be talked to and it was so draining.
  • @eilis1228 I'm getting my degree in business administration with a concentration in entrepreneurship and I'm also minoring in management. I'm technically a junior but my classes are accelerated so I'm doing two weeks of work in one week's time so I don't actually know how long I have, it's easy to lose track lol.
  • untouchablets said: @labro @lavenderfields13 I LOVE extroverted people... in doses. I always need to go home and "recharge" for a day or two. I've always been like that, people always accuse me of not liking them because of it lol. I lived with an extrovert for a while and that wasn't good for me, I wound up spending most of my free time away from people because my job AND my home was always full of people needing to be talked to and it was so draining.
    This is a good point- I also can only deal with "doses" too. I spend most of my time at home because I prefer being alone a lot. And I like
    my specific friends that are extroverted. When people try to talk to me at work I get so annoyed - like the people that need to make it a point say "Good morning" to me every day- please go away. 

• @CocoBellaF H actually combined a couple recipes. It was his project so I let him run the show lol! I know it involved a lot of vinegar and kosher salt and we tossed in some turmeric (for color) and some other seasonings.

@eilis1228 Good luck with everything tomorrow! I hope you get your proofs back quickly so you can AW!

@lavenderfields13 Good to know. :) There was an introverted girl when we were camping the other weekend with H's family and it felt SO uncomfortable to me. I just wanted to be friendly to her and she was super awkward about everything so then I felt like a horrible person. She's good friends with the family but obviously doesn't know me well...but ugh...I feel like if you're stuck together for dinner you might as well try to make conversation right?

• @Swazzle - So glad you liked Zumba!!  It's crazy fun, isn't it?  What was your favorite part?

@CocoBellaF - I am super impressed with your traditions, especially the one where you put fall scarves on the dogs.  I should try something like that with Smudge!

@untouchablets - Hang in there...you can do it!  I remember trying to work full time and go to school--it remains, to this day, one of the hardest things I've ever done.  It's something I really admire in my students now.  Keep your chin up and keep working hard and it will get better!

@beachyone15 - When I want to show BF how much I appreciate him, I usually bake him something or make a nice dinner.  Or buy a REALLY nice bottle of Scotch.  (Of course, since we're long distance, I usually do all those things in preparation for his visits anyway...but for the brief period of time at the beginning of our relationship that we weren't long distance, that's what I did.)

Morning everybody!  I had a fairly low-key weekend.  Saturday I slept in and then went to yoga, then did some work (reading, grading) at home for most of the afternoon.  Sunday morning was Mass, and I stopped at a cafe on my walk home and grabbed brunch to take back to my house.  More work and a nap, then yoga, then laundry.  Pretty boring.  I still don't know people socially here yet, plus money's been tight this month, so I haven't been doing much of anything.  I did enjoy a quiet run on Saturday night down to my favorite park and back.  My poor dog ate something that disagreed with her this weekend, so I spent a lot of yesterday cleaning up dog puke.  :-(

Something funny did happen though:  When BF was here last time, he not-so-subtly asked for my ring size ("Wow, you have such small hands.  What size ring do you wear?).  So, of course, I got a little excited (although I did NOT go into full-scale Historian BSC mode, which is something of which to be proud!).  Then, this weekend, I get an iMessage: "Didn't you say your ring size was 5 or 6?  I can't remember."  At this point, I was starting to get really curious, so I asked him why he needed it.  Well...he's buying me a rosary ring.  It's very sweet, because I do really want one, but I just thought the whole situation was funny.  I texted my BFF about it using the hashtag #catholicproblems.  Lurkers, take note: BSC is not justified just because he asks for your ring size!

Fall = birthday season in my world.  We kick it off with my nephew (9/27), then me (10/18), my dog (10/23), my youngest sister (10/28), my mom (11/6), my eldest sister (11/7), and my dad (11/18).  When I was living close to home it involved a LOT of my mother's special cold cheesecake recipe; this year I'm guessing it will involve a lot of Skyping.

Extrovert, most of the time, although I'm a bit more of an introvert in professional settings.

I love them all, but I'm going to try to figure out booties this year.  I love the look of them but haven't worn them a lot.

Usually just black, and the stronger the better.  Although one of my students brought me coffee from Dunkin Donuts with sugar and french vanilla creamer the other day and it was delicious.

That apple bundt cake.  My mouth watered just thinking about it!
  • @futuremrshistorian Thank you! I think I have too much on my plate but I like everything that I'm doing so I don't want to give any of it up! I am trying to take less hours at work because my side jobs are bringing in enough to stay afloat while I figure things out but we are short staffed so until my boss hires more people I'm stuck with my full time schedule. P.S. if my BF asked for my ring size my head might explode! Good for you for keeping the BSC at bay :)
  • edited September 2015
    labro said:
    @CocoBellaF H actually combined a couple recipes. It was his project so I let him run the show lol! I know it involved a lot of vinegar and kosher salt and we tossed in some turmeric (for color) and some other seasonings.

@eilis1228 Good luck with everything tomorrow! I hope you get your proofs back quickly so you can AW!

@lavenderfields13 Good to know. :) There was an introverted girl when we were camping the other weekend with H's family and it felt SO uncomfortable to me. I just wanted to be friendly to her and she was super awkward about everything so then I felt like a horrible person. She's good friends with the family but obviously doesn't know me well...but ugh...I feel like if you're stuck together for dinner you might as well try to make conversation right?

I feel like people usually think this about me. Honestly, if I was that girl in this situation and I didn't feel some sort of connection with you I'd probably come off the same way. If I click with someone then it's different but if I don't then it's just painful for me to do the small talk thing. :(

eta: Now I feel like a horrible person lol. Although I don't know the extent of this girl's awkardness.

• I totally understand that it can be hard to talk to an introvert, ESPECIALLY when you first meet. My BFF told me that when we met, she wasn't sure if I even liked her. So she decided to sit next to me in class everyday and MAKE me her friend! True story, but it worked. I need people like her in my life!

• @beachyone15- When I met my BFF, she thought I was a huge bitch and incredibly irritating.  (I'm an extrovert, she's an introvert.)  Then one day I came to class with a hickey on my neck and she decided we would be friends, and we've been inseparable ever since.
  • Sometimes super-extroverted people come across as aggressive and I get intimidated.  H is an ambivert, but leans toward extroversion.  I am an introvert than can handle extroverts in doses.  I just got a book called The Genius of Opposites.  It talks about how introverts and extroverts can work together and famous introvert/extrovert couples and teams.  It's really good so far!
  • Sometimes super-extroverted people come across as aggressive and I get intimidated.  H is an ambivert, but leans toward extroversion.  I am an introvert than can handle extroverts in doses.  I just got a book called The Genius of Opposites.  It talks about how introverts and extroverts can work together and famous introvert/extrovert couples and teams.  It's really good so far!
    I'll have to check that book out! I believe FI and I are both ambiverts, but he leans more towards introversion and I lean more towards extroversion. I've worked in sales my whole life, so as I've gotten older, I've gotten more extroverted. Whereas he's an engineer, so he doesn't have to work with people much, so he's been able to stay an introvert. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards