Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Picture shy hubby

My fiance is not too excited about pictures, he is very self-conscious about how heavy he has gotten. Does anyone have any shot suggestions they can recommend as a way to sorta "hide" or downplay our size? thank you

Re: Picture shy hubby

• Erica7896 said:
    My fiance is not too excited about pictures, he is very self-conscious about how heavy he has gotten. Does anyone have any shot suggestions they can recommend as a way to sorta "hide" or downplay our size? thank you
    Have you asked your photographer? Often times, they will have some poses in mind if they know that is an issue for you two. I know there are plenty of poses you can find online on how to not accentuate areas of your body you don't want, I'd link them but I'm on moble right now, but you can google photography poses. I know some easy ones, like using props or shooting from above, trying not to square shoulders with the camera, wearing clothing that will blend with the background some. I'm sure you can find some specific poses online and try them out at home with your FI so he is more comfortable?
  • Ditto PP - I'd talk to your photographer.  I'll add - I'm very picture shy myself and found that once I was all dressed up with hair and makeup, I loved being in front of the camera the day of our wedding!  I bet that once he's all dressed up, he will automatically feel a bit more confident and less camera shy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards