Nevada-Las Vegas

Pre-wedding photos at marriage licence bureau / arts district

Looking for any advice or opinions on whether this will work!

We have an engagement / pre-wedding photo shoot included in our photography package, which we have arranged to do the day before the wedding. I originally thought about doing this around the Fremont Street area to get some cool street shots, but have now had the idea to get our photographer to come with us while we collect our marriage licence and take some shots there. I really like the idea of a photo while we’re getting it, because I think we’ll be super happy and excited! It’s the start of making it all official J Then we could get some other stuff around the Arts District / Downtown area.

Obviously haven’t been to the Marriage Licence Bureau before so I have no idea if the building is ridiculously ugly or if there’s another reason this won’t work so thoughts are appreciated. Looks on the map as if there’s some other cool locations nearby too.

Re: Pre-wedding photos at marriage licence bureau / arts district

• I'm not positive if they allow photos in there buuuuut if it was me, what I would do is get shots at Freemont/Arts District and then get a shot of you holding up the license infront of the bureau building since they're all close together. From my understanding it's not a long process anyway if you did the pre-app online, but you don't want to be stuck waiting if your photographer is on the clock. You could also do a "staged" shot of you signing it infront of the bureau office. From the little that I've seen of the building, it's not very pretty inside.
  • We collected our licence a week or so ago, building itself is ok, nothing spectacular but has steps outside which might be ok for photos but it's busy with folks going in & out of the block.

The office inside is pretty boring & only the bride & groom are allowed inside. You queue up & sign the paperwork at a glass fronted counter. Not romantic but everyone on the queue is smiling & excited, we enjoyed chatting to the other folks whilst we waited.
  • Freemont St for sure! I wish we would have had time. Our experience getting our license was awful. It was 1 hr 45 min wait. By the time we got up there we were not at all our excited selves aND just wanted to get the hell out of there.
  • Oh no, what a shame. We only had about 15 mins to wait though funnily enough the 'express' line was longer than the ordinary one. We thought we'd have a long wait as it was lunchtime but overall it wasn't too bad.
  • P.s. As a contrast, there was no wait at the Office for Civil Marriages. From walking in the door, completing paperwork, paying the fee, getting married, having photos taken & walking out again took exactly eleven minutes. Blink & you'd have missed it, the quickest & most relaxed wedding I've ever attended :smile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards