Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Who to include for pre-ceremony formals?

I'm in the process of creating my day-of timeline and am wondering who needs to be included for formal pictures? We are doing a first look as well as traditional formals before the ceremony since it will be dark by the time the ceremony is done. 

I had planned to ask the wedding party and parents to be prepared for pre-ceremony formals. Two of our "siblings" (my sister's fiance and my FI's sister's husband) are not in the wedding party, although I feel like they should be part of formals. Is it okay for me to ask them to come with us for pictures... or will that be awkward since they're literally the only two people who aren't in the wedding party? 

Do I need to ask close aunts and uncles and such to be in these too?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Who to include for pre-ceremony formals?

• Options
    I would include the siblings-in-law in formal shots. Whether or not you include anyone else is up to you, but it's a nice gesture.
  • Options
    We did formals with our immediate family beforehand... so me and my parents (stepdad, mom) and brother, and FI's with both sets of his parents, and his sister and her kids.  No aunts and uncles.  We spent about 15 minutes after the ceremony getting some pictures with extended family like my moms 5 siblings, any cousins and my grandpa, or pics of my brother and his GF (she was not in any of the family photos per her and his choice).  We would have done those earlier too but my grandpa is 95 and I didn't want him to have to get there any earlier than he had to for the ceremony since he tires easily.  
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards