Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Large In-Suite Reception

We are hoping to have our ceremony at Juno Garden and our reception on the patios at Serendipity 3 but for our scouting trip in November we want to also look at indoor options in case we decide the November weather is a little too cold. We are hoping for a 50-60 person reception but would also like some entertainment and a photo booth so we need room for closer to 75. Does anyone have any suites they know of that will work with that many people?  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Large In-Suite Reception

• Options
    The Stardust Suite at The Orleans holds 75-80 people and looks really nice. I believe the room rental is free, but you have to use their catering and commit to a $3,500 minimum.   
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Red Rock Resort has a number of huge and truly amazing suites, and their service is great, but they're rather expensive (iirc a group your size would be looking at about $10K just for room and food/bev in their cheapest suite, before tax and service charge) and the resort is about 40 minutes away from Caesar's Palace. If we'd had a big budget, they would have been our first choice hands down. 
  • Options
    We used the Hospitality Suite at Mandalay Bay for 60 people and a photo booth last Sunday and it worked out great.  Not sure what kind of entertainment you're thinking but we had plenty of empty floor space as people stood and watched football around what would later become my dance floor.  

Mandalay says a lot about using their food and beverage at booking but we used neither and everything came out great.
  • Options
    I am at The Orleans in 3 week and have 70 people, which I was told would be able to fit in The Star Dust. My family was adamant for  "sit down dinner, so we were offered a banquet room and then we will have our reception with open bar and dancing in The Star Dust. We are opting for no photobooth though, so not sure if space will accomodate.
  • Options
    Thanks! I think we are leaning towards something on the strip but I hadn't looked at Mandalay Bay @knottie51026965 do you have pics you could share? Who were you in touch with at Mandalay? Since you didn't use their services did you just book separately and didn't involve anyone from the hotel in the services?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi @vegasbrides2be , you might know this already but Mandalay Bay do tours of some of their large suites Mon - Fri at 2pm (I think that's when it was, but worth double checking!) through the concierge. Great way to check out the space before committing to a booking. Could be good for your scouting trip :)
  • Options
    @vegasbride2be  - I do not have any pics now that you mention it.  But this video from youtube was really helpful:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSjvZ-YNas

I didn't book the Hospitality Suite my father did.  But you book the suite through the Ad Hoc department at Mandalay.  He talked to numerous people there.  My dad did make the unfortunate mistake of telling them what the space would be used for and they did give a long speech about using their services but they/we never mentioned it again.  I had already had Masterpiece in contract so I was a little bit of a wreck, but Chris with Masterpiece assured me they have catered the Hospitality Suite on numerous occasions.  You can find some of those brides on here if you're willing to put in a tedious search; I've seen at least 2 including the Knottie in the video above.   

But yes we just booked everything separate (caterer, cake, bartender, etc), bought our own alcohol, put the photo booth where the entry table was and moved the entry table closer to the front door.... It worked out amazingly well. 

• Options
    Do you know off hand the cost of the Hospitality Suite?
  • Options
    I want to say it's around $650 a night, but it would vary a lot. Best thing to do is to rate-check on the Mandalay Bay web site. :)
  • Options
    Yes, it can vary.  We got it for Saturday and Sunday nights.  Saturday was around $900 while Sunday was around $650.
  • Options
    You are all awesome! We've made a lot of progress in the scouting trip! We are visiting Mandalay Bay, MGM, Cosmo, and the Palms. We are also checking out a few restaurants to see if they fit the bill. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @vegasbrides2be I would highly recommend The Star Dust at the The Orleans 5,000 total sq ft that can fit all your guests comfortably and and a photobooth. They do require utilizing their catering $3500 minimum
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards