Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Walking yourself down the aisle

I planned on walking myself down the aisle alone and ended up having an alternate/old-world entrance. My bridal march was to Enya's Boadicea and consisted of my flower girl leading the bridal party, my parents in front of me, followed by me alone and, behind me, my bridesmaids holding my veil. I decided to not have my parents beside me but rather in front of me because grew up in a strict, Roman Catholic family-- so after moving in with my then-boyfriend (before marriage), I got a bit of disapproval from my parents. They expressed that they felt they didn't get the chance to "give me away" and that I had done so myself. I felt it was more proper that they "present" me to my groom on our big day rather than "walk me" to my groom. I'm not sure if anyone has been in that situation or plans to enter alone/separate from their parents for any other reason. I just wanted to share my alternate entrance.

https://youtu.be/P7vQpDFqBy0?t=3m59s

Re: Walking yourself down the aisle

• Options
    ladywell said:
    I planned on walking myself down the aisle alone, and ended up having an alternate/old-world entrance. My bridal march was to Enya's Boadicea and consisted of my flower girl leading the bridal party, my parents in front of me, followed by me alone, and behind me my bridesmaids holding my veil.  I decided to not have my parents beside me but rather in front of me because grew up in a strict, Roman Catholic family, so after moving in with my then-boyfriend (before marriage) I got a me a bit of disapproval from my parents.  They expressed that they felt they didn't get the chance to "give me away" and that I had done so myself. I felt it was more proper that the "present" me rather than "walk me" to my groom. I'm not sure if anyone has been in that situation or plans to enter alone/separate fro their parents for any other reason.  I just wanted to share my alternate entrance.

https://youtu.be/P7vQpDFqBy0?t=3m47s
    That is awesome! Best song ever.

I'm walking with my FH, and having our parents process before us. So it will be bridal party, his parents, my parents, us. I like that symbolism a lot better than the dad/daughter thing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards