Not Engaged Yet

Wonderful Wednesday

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

• @swazzle So proud of you!! Keep it up, you're doing amazing!
    @buddysmom80 slutty brownies sound amazing.  Now I want one
    @jenna8984 so glad you were able to go on the cruise and enjoy yourselves! Which islands did you go to again?
    @peaseblossom55 are you getting new bedding too? My favorite sheets are bamboo because the fabric is crazy soft.  When I got my first apartment I splurged and bought myself fancy bamboo sheets, and now it is the only bedding I will buy. 
    @twodimes haha love your dream!
    @southernpeach89 I think you need to have some baby cake. Haha I really just want you to have this chocolate cake and go into labor so we can be like "chocolate makes babies happen!"

Last night we had dinner at my sister's.  My mom brought a ton of fresh seafood back from her honeymoon so we had King crab, Blue crab, shrimp, and clams. Then we went through boxes of baby stuff that was donated to my sister. Majority of the clothes were for a boy. My mom kept all of our clothes so she has clothes for a boy or a girl now.  She also got a car seat and a bouncer. This kid is already so spoiled. 

Tonight I get to prime and paint the addition!!! I think I'm going to use the leftover paint from the upstairs bathroom for the half bath, and then a beige color for the mudroom. 

Oh,  because we're all bad influences on each other.  Kate Spade up to 75% off secret sale. Here's the link for anyone interested: Click
  • @speakeasy14 We had to buy new sheets and a comforter set since we have a queen now.  We bought  some sheet sets in bed bath and beyond this past weekend.  I don't think we bought any specific bamboo sheets. Although one of the sets we bought was really expensive and super soft it was definitely organic may be bamboo, no idea. 

Anniversary

• @speakeasy14 - YES! Bamboo sheets are amazing. No other kind of sheet touches this body, LOL.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @swazzle I'm very sad to see JLaw go :( 
  • @peaseblossom55 Enjoy the new bed! I want to get a king size bed when we buy a house

@jenna8984 Your pics looked so beautiful!

@jenjen047 I'm sure the lower temps are helping- keep up the good work!

@beachyone15 If I'm not working out after work I pretty much put on my Pjs ASAP! And I hate stopping to do errands too.

@swazzle I'm reading The Gilded Hour. It's a new book, I'm the first to get it from the library- I saw it on some book website. I honestly didn't even read the description when I requested it lol. It takes place in NY in 1883 when birth control was illegal and it seems to be about female docs trying to help women get BC and they get put in jail, etc. I'm only like 3 chapters in and it's not bad it's just that I tend to love quick easy reads. I've never thought about the fact that BC used to be illegal - it's so sad thinking about these poor women that had no choice in having children.

• jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @speakeasy14 - You are an evil temptress with your Kate Spade sale..... ;)

@peaseblossom55 - Our apartment also has a 6" slope to the floor, so that could be contributing to the issues we are having with our Sleep Number. I'm sure you guys will have a better experience.

ETA: @lavenderfields13 - Any updates on the apartment situation? When I move in November I think we will be practically neighbors!
  • OMG bamboo sheets!! H & I actually bought some in Aruba when we were there, lol. Those and the Sheex sheets are my very favorites!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @minskat30 @labro - Sending all the work vibes. I hate when it's just day after day of madness.

WR question: approximately how much should I spend on BM gifts? Also, I want to get things that are personalized to them, so I'm just going about it as I would a birthday or Christmas gift. But sometimes that doesn't feel very "wedding-y". For instance, my sister (MOH) really wants a set of hiking poles. Is that OK to get?
  • @jenjen047 I think it is all going to depend on your budget. I had a large-ish wedding party (6 women) so I couldn't afford to go all out for everyone. I spent around $80 a piece on my two MOH's and around $50-$60 for everyone else. I know everyone says shop like it's their birthday, but I think it should be something a little more special or memorable since it's such a huge occasion. I got @southernpeach89 a pair of pearl earrings from one of her favorite designers (Tory Burch) and I got my other sister a Pandora charm and a basic leather bracelet for it. The Pandora charm meant something like strength or whatever so it wasn't wedding related, but it still felt like a special, not every day type of gift.

• Swazzle said:
    @untouchablets - No beuno! Did you get antibiotics? I think I mentioned this before but Advil Cold and Sinus is a savior. Great job bringing up your grade!

I actually bought Advil Cold and Sinus because you told me that lol and yes I got antibiotics. Its partly my fault, I'm not very good about my nasal allergy medicine, it makes me really stuffy uncomfortable so I try to avoid taking it unless I'm sneezing a lot. As a result I have a lot of swelling that cause the infection. Ugh.
  • @jenjen047 I got the Galaxy note 3... It's huge! reinstalling my apps and customizing it is taking a lot of time though but I definitely like it a lot. It's not as huge an adjustment as I thought, and I like it so much I may not go back to iPhone. I read a lot on my phone so the big screen is perfect :)
  • edited September 2015
    @jenjen047 this is going to be a novel!The realtor told me that closing is 10/30 and that this buyer wants tenants. He won't tell me how much the guy will want for rent and just said if he raises the rent (which he will) then we have 30 days after that to decide whether we stay or leave. I was like ummmm we've been looking for months and haven't found anything so we have to now wait until 10/30 to find out how much this guy is going to charge and then maybe have to get out asap?? I'm really hoping the buyer reaches out to us soon because we're in the dark and it's annoying. The first floor tenants said they've been trying to get the buyer's info to talk to him too and have had no luck. BUT, after I talked to the realtor I called my landlord about our last month's rent, etc and she happened to tell me that she knew of someone who was looking to rent the 2nd floor so she had the realtor contact the buyer to find out how much he wanted for that floor and he told him...so now we kind of have an idea of how much he might charge us but why can't the realtor tell me anything?? So we're hoping it will be reasonable so we can just stay. I just want to know what is going on. Send me a PM if you want to tell me where you're moving!

I only had 2 WP members and spent about $100 each I think.

Edited- meant to type I had 3 WP members

• @labro - Yeah, H was on my shit list last night. He realized it was super annoying to do in the morning so hopefully it doesn't happen again.  I'm sorry about your work stress too.  I hope yours lets up soon as well.  

This is me with opposing counsel's comments right now if it makes you feel better (gifs always make me feel better).

Confused Wolf animated GIF

Celebrities Ryan Gosling animated GIF

Dog Confused animated GIF

• @untouchablets - I've had 8 billion sinus infections. I had surgery a few years ago to clear out the "debris" because I was getting one per month. I've been great ever since then! Now I get maybe one a year. It made such a difference. I keep Advil Cold and Sinus on me all the time because most of the time if I have a headache, it's still sinus-related. I hope you get relief soon!

• @swazzle thanks! PS love the new sig pic!! It's got like three of my favorite things, cats, horror movie references, and pumpkin carving :)
  • @lavenderfields13 - Wow what a disaster. If the rent is similar to what they told they people looking to rent the 2nd floor would you stay?

@untouchablets - Ooooh nice! Yeah new phones can be a hassle at  first but always worth it!
  • @untouchablets - SAME! Mike is my favorite horror movie killer. Do you know the story about my dreams? If not, in a nutshell, I used to have dreams (yes, multiple) about Michael Myers. I would hide from him and he would find me but then he'd do this creepy, slow wave and then keep going, letting me live. BIZARRE. Anyway, he's my favorite since he doesn't kill me in my dreams but also because (based on the original) he's the most realistic. 

• @swazzle I had no idea about your dreams but that is BIZARRE!! If you like horror and haven't seen The Babadook on Netflix yet, watch it. I did... from under the covers. That shit was scary. BF doesn't like scary movies so I don't have anyone to watch with usually lol
  • Swazzle said:
    @untouchablets - SAME! Mike is my favorite horror movie killer. Do you know the story about my dreams? If not, in a nutshell, I used to have dreams (yes, multiple) about Michael Myers. I would hide from him and he would find me but then he'd do this creepy, slow wave and then keep going, letting me live. BIZARRE. Anyway, he's my favorite since he doesn't kill me in my dreams but also because (based on the original) he's the most realistic. 
    This is too funny. Glad he let you live. I have no clue why but this reminded me of a dream I used to have about Ronald McDonald being trapped in the fish display in the supermarket. Talk about bizarre.

• @jenjen047 It is more than we'd like to pay but it's somewhat comparable to similar apartments in the area and then we wouldn't have to paying moving fees, broker fees, etc. The owner will just be using it as an investment property. Since the other tenants are moving we're hoping to get access to the driveway since we'll be the tenants there the longest when he gets new people. I'm willing to pay extra for parking alone even though the price is not ideal. Also, we've always paid a little less than the other floors because our kitchen and bathroom aren't as updated so hopefully we can work that out with him too. 

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    @swazzle I wish I had your motivation last night. I definitely skipped the gym and ate Chinese food instead.

My dog is sick so that's been stressful, but on a lighter note I have a hair appointment after work today to get my hair back to my natural color. I'm gonna miss my red but my hair is so unhealthy, so I'm excited I have long, healthy hair again!
    Anniversary

• @lavenderfields13 - Fingers crossed on apartment stuff! Also that Ronald McDonald dream is beyond freaky!

@jenna8984 - We're moving to Quincy! Definitely need to meet up soon.
  • @swazzle I had no idea about your dreams but that is BIZARRE!! If you like horror and haven't seen The Babadook on Netflix yet, watch it. I did... from under the covers. That shit was scary. BF doesn't like scary movies so I don't have anyone to watch with usually lol
    If time allows, I'll be watching this tonight :) Thanks!

• @jenna8984 - If you decide to try it and want $30 off, let me know! 

@severmilli12 - I have been craving Chinese food lately. My coworker got it yesterday for lunch and has leftovers today and it's actually killing me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards