Not Engaged Yet

Thankful Thursday

Hello! How goes it?

Last night, H and I played tennis for about 40 minutes until it got dark. Then,  I made dinner (omg it was so good and I was starving so I didn't even remember to snap a picture but @GoldenPenguin and I were dinner twins so maybe she can post the pic of hers!) and watched the Big Brother finale. It was GREAT!

I'm really tired today and I'm feeling kind of soreish and worn out so I might make today a rest day. I'm not ruling anything out completely, I figure I'll see how I'm feeling later. My legs just feel straight up tired though, I noticed on my walk this morning. I'm making HC Honey-Sriracha Chicken for dinner and I have to pack for the weekend! 

I'm thankful for my H. We had so much fun playing tennis last night, just chatting and laughing at each other the whole time and it just makes me smile to think about how lucky I am to have him in my life. 

I'm thankful for an upcoming amazing weekend away with 2 of my best friends. I love H but I also cherish my time away and especially away with my friends. 

I'm thankful for Home Chef because I don't have to think up/decide on dinner every night or do the food shopping for those meals. It makes my life easier and helps keep me on track since I already know what's for dinner and I already have all of the ingredients at home. 

I'm thankful for wine. 

Re: Thankful Thursday

• @TwoDimes - I just stalked your Goodreads because I couldn't remember which book you were reading. That one creeped me out soooo bad! I was on super high alert every morning while walking to the train in the dark because of it. 

@jenjen047 - Exactly, I'm trying to listen to my body. It's hard because I'm been lazy my entire life and even when I've tried to stick to a healthy/active lifestyle, I'd come up with every excuse in the book to skip a work out. So I'm trying to remind myself that if my body legitimately needs a break, I'm not making an excuse. I don't know if any of that makes sense. I'm going to @csousa1 (an old reg around here)'s house with @GoldenPenguin and we're spending Saturday in Salem :) Awesome job with the run! 

@CocoBellaF - My clothes are super comfy today too! I'm wearing my Betabrand straight-leg pants (they look like normal pants but they feel like yoga pants) with a long-sleeved top with the sleeves rolled up a bit and flats. 

• @swazzle - I know what you mean. I had planned to skip my run yesterday because of the tasting, but I ended up having time after work. So even though it was in my plan to skip, I went because I kind of didn't want to break my streak (6 days in a row!). The same thing might happen tonight after our food tasting, we'll see!
  • @TwoDimes - The very beginning really threw me. I didn't know that it's a trilogy! Just looked it up and now I want to buy the other 2 immediately. 

@beachyone15 - The Little Mermaid is my FAVE! Have a great time!

@jenjen047 - That's so great! Maybe I'll do a light yoga or stretching video just so that I'm doing something. It might help with some of the soreness/tiredness too. 

• @Swazzle - Sounds like a cute outfit!  I have on a swing-style black dress with a cardigan and flats.
  • @beachyone15 - I'm SO jealous. LOVE The Little Mermaid!

@swazzle - Your thankfuls about your H are so sweet!

Good morning everyone!

Okay, so I need to unload... Sorry.

I'm a little bummed this morning, and I wish I wasn't. Yesterday made a year and a half for BF and me, like I mentioned yesterday. Like I've told you all, he does have my ring, and I've not really worried about it, but yesterday being what it was, I couldn't help but think about getting my ring... Nevertheless, I tried to be an adult and push all thoughts to the back of my mind because I knew his work schedule would probably be crazy and not allow much time for us to hang out. So fast forward, and he gets off earlier than usual (Like 7:45, so still later in the evening, but better than 9:00). We meet up for dinner at one of our favorite places, and he says "I've gotta get everything together." When I ask him what he meant, he just smiled and said not to worry, but then he asks me to come over to his house and hang out for a little while since his nephew was home. I go, and he's really antsy the whole time. Can't sit still, pacing, the works. His mom even asked if I was getting my ring. But... I didn't. 

I'm trying SO hard not to be BSC, but that really didn't help matters, and I did tell him calmly that I was trying to be patient and give him his own window of time, but his comments and actions made me get my hopes up, and it hurt my feelings a little. I know it shouldn't have, but it did. He told me he wanted to do something special and was trying to be creative, and he was sorry that he made me get my hopes up. I'm not mad - just kinda bummed out. I know, it's probably stupid, but I needed to vent.

Tonight, I'll probably take some time to rest, but no big plans ahead. I hope I get out of this funk I'm in today.

Today, I'm thankful for my friends, BF, and family.

Thankful for my students who make me so happy!

Thankful that it is almost Friday!
  • @labro - AWW thanks :) You're making me blush! Way to go on the run, especially when work has been such a madhouse!
  • @labro - You are a rockstar! Awesome job last night!!!!!

@casey1219 - I don't understand the year and a half thing. Solid years, yes. But a year a half? I just don't get it. Maybe he didn't know you expected to be proposed to on an anniversary that's not really even an anniversary?

@cu97tiger - I got those pork chops too! We're not having them until Monday, though. 

• So yesterday I was home and cannot access TK from my home computer. Idk why.

Anyways .... did nothing yesterday. Put together some dinner that we didn't eat, but we're having tonight. Cheddar soup {campbell's cream soup} in the crock pot with pork chops. I've done with different cream soup before and was hesitant on how it would taste.
    Tonight I'm just warming it up with some veggies - probably cauliflower.

This weekend Matt's going with his step-dad to a football game and I have homework. Urg Chapter 3 is hard :'(

I'm officially selling steeped teas {tea, lattes, baked goods, etc} and I'm hosting my first party in October! I'm pretty excited :) I've got some stuff coming to me to try out and have with the party {pumpkin spice scones and toffee caramel muffins}

This is exciting! I'm already getting people who want to buy!
  • @twodimes what book are you reading?

I'm ok today.  The new bed is here, I had an ok night sleeping on it. I think because it's new and maybe I need to adjust my sleep number. I really couldn't tell the difference between the numbers though which sucked.  I thought I'd be more excited about the bed but it felt as reminder to me, what we did with our money because we didn't need to spend it on the nursery for Anneliese.         :-( H is supposed to get a tattoo next week for her and he is now debating on what to get. He wanted her foot print with angel wings and her name and b-date, but now he is thinking some kind of quote.  He was just pretty upset and down last night, so I had to be there for him.  Hopefully a week from now I'll be taking and passing my exam. 

I am thankful for my husband who is so wonderful and supportive.  I fall more and more in love with him every day.

I am thankful for my health and H's health.

Other than that I don't feel very thankful right now. 

Anniversary

• @lavenderfields13 - That chicken looks incredible and I'm saving it. I will totally come to Boston next time there's a G2G! Yes, Salem, MA. My friend lives in Hudson so I'm there for the weekend and we're going to walk around Salem during the day on Saturday. 

@jenna8984 - Yep, I'll be in MA. H and I went there last year as one of the stops on our roadtrip. It's a great little town! We bought rackets for like $4 at the thrift store we always go to to look for furniture. We have fun with it! 

@Peaseblossom55 - Hugs. I hope you get a better sleep on your new bed tonight!

• @Peaseblossom55 - We are thankful for YOU! Hang in there.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• HUGS to you and your husband @peaseblossom55

• I've been on a ridiculously long hiatus from NEY (like, years), but I'll make this my comeback post.

Thankful for:

The coffee I am currently drinking.

The nice weather that's been going on lately.

My accounting job, which I am currently procrastinating at.. oops!

The fact my BF is exposing me to jewish culture, something I've never been around before.

Being active... I've been hiking, climbing, and running all in the past week. I got a running blade recently so that's been interesting to test out. (sidenote, I'm missing a leg, gotta have a different leg for pretty much every activity, hahaha)

My spokesmodel type side gig with a prosthetic related company that has sent me across the country a couple times this year and is honestly the one thing I never thought I'd ever be doing.

Cheese. I am thankful for cheese.

And wine.

And adult coloring books. The kind with pretty designs and flowers and such... not... ahem... other adult things.

• Good morning ladies! Yesterday was more chaos at work.  I was really tired from no sleep and stress at work.  H and I then got into a bit of a tiff about our financial/life goals.  I love him very much but sometimes he doesn't know when to back off.  He knew I was exhausted and snappy (as was he) but he still wanted to discuss really in-depth issues last night.  We took a step back before it devolved and agreed to discuss them tonight in a calm manner.  Of course the pup got sick last night though so we were both up at 1 am taking him out for walks.  

I'm thankfully H went with me with the sick pup at 1 am this morning (normally he doesn't hear the dog or me get up) because it was pitch black dark outside.

I'm thankful that my deal is going to close today (or at least my aspect of it is supposed to close today).  Its been a hellish few weeks and I've easily put in 60-80 hour weeks.  

I'm thankful that H pushes me on financial issues even though I hate it sometimes.  I'm thankful that he is really trying too to be responsive to my goals for us (which are equally good).

I'm thankful for all of you ladies.  You let me vent, make me laugh and I can't wait to meet more of you in real life.   
  • @eilis1228 - What a sweet gift! I made the salmon last night and LOVED it. The sauce was so delicious, I started dipping my green beans into the extra at the end. I'm making that chicken tonight and I'm excited for it! 

• @eilis1228 - What a thoughtful gift!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards