New York-Long Island
Options

Brewery or Vineyard wedding

So my fiancé just popped the question last night, we're still planning to be engaged for a couple of years to get finances together and it doesn't help he's in grad school working on his PhD. But we were thinking about doing a destination wedding in Belgium since we both love craft beer, but we're pretty sure most of our family and friends wouldn't be down for or able to go to europe for a wedding, so we're thinking maybe Ommegang(a belgan brewery in Copperstown, NY). But the main question is has anyone had a wedding at a brewery? Anything we should consider over say a loft in NYC or any of the "castles" or vineyards on long island? Out of anything I've seen on the island either some woods somewhere or a vineyard have the rustic, vintage, "hipster" look we like, but I feel like a vineyard is a little overdone and while we like wine, I work in the beer industry and craft beer is a passion of mine
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brewery or Vineyard wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Brooklyn Brewery - their prices were a little high for my fiance and I (and it was a little too out of the way for our friends and family), but since you are planning on waiting a few years anyway and the brewery thing is really important to you, it might be a cool option.

Also, the Sam Adams brewery in Boston has a pretty large space, if memory serves... you might be able to do a wedding there (I know they do private events, but I'm not sure about weddings specifically).
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sent you a PM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards