Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

REGRETTING MY SAMPLE DRESS!!!

Ok so I jumped the gun and fell in love with a dress that I tried on during a sample sale. It was way too big on me (size 14, and I am a 6), but the consultant at the boutique pulled and clipped it so it looked beautiful. I was unaware until after the purchase that they do not offer free alterations on samples (I am so wedding naive). Now I'm afraid that my very detailed, illusion top, rouched side dream dress will either cost a FORTUNE to take in and alter, or that they will not be able to effectively alter all the details to keep the dress the same.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?! I need suggestions, tips and HELP!

Thanks!

Re: REGRETTING MY SAMPLE DRESS!!!

• Options
    Seamstresses are magic makers.  They can truly do amazing things including taking in a way too large dress.

I would get an estimate from the shop you bought through to see how much it would cost, but I would also ask for referrals to other seamstresses in your area that have a good reputation. Sometimes going through a bridal salon for alterations can be slightly more expensive then just finding an independent tailor.

• Options
    Agree with Maggie... seamstresses can do wonders, so don't start freaking out til you actually talk to one.  My dress required some alterations and I was really worried about it not looking right due to the illusion top, the lace overlay, the fancy back... and it looked amazing after she was done with it.

And, just so you know, I've never heard of a store offering free alterations on anything, let alone a discounted sample.  
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards