Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Just needing some support/commiseration...

Our wedding is about seven and a half months away, and is in my fiance's hometown in northern coastal Croatia.  We have our date set, the venue booked, invitations ordered. 

Now we are working on choosing a photographer.  

As an American, I am naturally feeling the stress of needing to line these things up, because in the States we book things early. (As most folks here know, I'm sure.)  But he is not feeling the pressure to get things lined up, because he says there's plenty of time and people don't book stuff that far out in Croatia.  We just had a fight about it because he says I'm over-reacting and that's it's just photos after all - that a child could do it.  Which made me all the more upset - these are our WEDDING PHOTOS! 

I know it's normal to fight once in awhile during the wedding planning process, but I think our photos should be a top priority, and he's making it seem like it's no big deal. I'm so worried that the two photographers we're primarily looking at will end up booked, and we'll be stuck with someone who will do a poor job. 

Maybe I just need a pep talk?  Ugh.  Feeling so stressed right now.

Re: Just needing some support/commiseration...

• Options
    jensop said:
    Our wedding is about seven and a half months away, and is in my fiance's hometown in northern coastal Croatia.  We have our date set, the venue booked, invitations ordered. 

Now we are working on choosing a photographer.  

As an American, I am naturally feeling the stress of needing to line these things up, because in the States we book things early. (As most folks here know, I'm sure.)  But he is not feeling the pressure to get things lined up, because he says there's plenty of time and people don't book stuff that far out in Croatia.  We just had a fight about it because he says I'm over-reacting and that's it's just photos after all - that a child could do it.  Which made me all the more upset - these are our WEDDING PHOTOS! 

I know it's normal to fight once in awhile during the wedding planning process, but I think our photos should be a top priority, and he's making it seem like it's no big deal. I'm so worried that the two photographers we're primarily looking at will end up booked, and we'll be stuck with someone who will do a poor job. 

Maybe I just need a pep talk?  Ugh.  Feeling so stressed right now.
    One piece of advice that really stuck with me as great advice for some people was this: Sit down with your FI and ask him what his most important aspects are. Is it food? Drinks? Music? Location? Those things will be up to your FI to handle, if they haven't already been. Then things that are most important to you, like photos, can be up to you. I was in a similar ship to yours, photography is very important to me, but not to my FI. By allowing us to make some decisions on our own it took pressure off of him and me on the aspects we cared less about. 
  • Options
    Can you just book the photographer by yourself? I'm not suggesting sneaking around or going behind your FI's back but maybe he doesn't care about photos (like justsie said) and in that case I would book whatever on my own.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards