Chit Chat
Options

College football

Anyone else around here a college football fan? Have been some good games today. And man my Aggies give me anxiety! Relieved to pull out a win. Whoop!

Re: College football

• Options
    Roll Tide!
    Everyone in my family is pretty big into Alabama, so much so that people were updating scores during my sister's wedding yesterday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Michigan fan here! Unfortunately I've worked weddings for my BFFs catering company the last few Saturday's so I haven't watched a single game! Regardless, hail hail!
  • Options
    I had to work, but I was able to catch bits and pieces from the Texas game, TT vs Tx Tech and only a few plays of the Aggies game.

The wedding I worked were all Texans (wedding was in CO).  So I spent time having to switch to various games on the 2 TVs in the bar area.

I didn't got to a big football school.  However, I follow Clemson because of my sister (I've been to some of their bowl games).  Notre Dame do to my cousin.  He worked for the football team and I got behind the scene access for a few games.   Next week will be interesting.   My family is calling it Cousin Bowl.   

I also follow Texas A&M do to my DH's best friend.  I've been to a few games at College Station.   DH goes every year, actually he is going to the Aggies vs Alabama game in a few weeks.        

My brother went to Arizona St, so I make sure I see how they are doing , but rarely actually watch them.   I've mostly lived on the east coast and there games are on so late I forget about them :p

I have friends from around the country.  I try and keep in the know for both college and pro-football.

Speaking of pro-football  there is a battle in my household today.   Eagles vs Jets.   Although my Eagles have been doing so shitty and the Jets are on fire.  We shall see.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    H graduated from A&M, so I've married in. I love the tailgates and camaraderie but I'm not overly a fan of football. 

We live in Pittsburgh, PA and went out last night to watch the game with a bunch of other Aggies in the area. It's amazing to me that so many alumni can gather all the way up here. Pretty cool.

We'll be flying down to go to the Alabama game in a couple weeks!!
  • Options
    H graduated from A&M, so I've married in. I love the tailgates and camaraderie but I'm not overly a fan of football. 

We live in Pittsburgh, PA and went out last night to watch the game with a bunch of other Aggies in the area. It's amazing to me that so many alumni can gather all the way up here. Pretty cool.

We'll be flying down to go to the Alabama game in a couple weeks!!
    My DH will be there too!   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Huge Ole Miss fan here!  I live for College Game Day on Saturdays.  DH and I love going to games.  When we lived in Louisiana, we'd drive out to at least one LSU game every year.  
  • Options
    We love college football! H went to Nebraska and USC, so we're somewhat tied into those teams. We're also ASU fans because SD goes there and we have a home in AZ. Now we live super close to TCU, so we have been going to their games. Now that we live so close to TCU, we're bummed Nebraska left the Big XII!!!

• Options
    Big college football fan here. Undisputed, baby. :smirk:
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    H is a big University of Wyoming fan.  I just like to tailgate, no matter who is playing.  Unfortunately in Laramie, it is often tailgating when it's like 30 degrees outside, which makes it less fun.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    We love college football! H went to Nebraska and USC, so we're somewhat tied into those teams. We're also ASU fans because SD goes there and we have a home in AZ. Now we live super close to TCU, so we have been going to their games. Now that we live so close to TCU, we're bummed Nebraska left the Big XII!!!
    I'm sorry... PONY UP. For an unranked team vs #4 in the country we held our own. 

• Options
    I'm sorry... PONY UP. For an unranked team vs #4 in the country we held our own. 

Absolutely agree!!!

• Options
    Newp.

Only thing worse than college football is college basketball.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    All hail THE Ohio State Buckeyes, undisputed national champs.  :)
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Nope. Love me the NFL, but no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get in to college football... Too many teams, and I can't bring myself to care about any of them. Maybe if I had gone to a division one football school I'd at least have an allegiance to a team, but as a UC Santa Cruz alum, I can say organized sports weren't big for the Banana Slugs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nope. Love me the NFL, but no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get in to college football... Too many teams, and I can't bring myself to care about any of them. Maybe if I had gone to a division one football school I'd at least have an allegiance to a team, but as a UC Santa Cruz alum, I can say organized sports weren't big for the Banana Slugs.
    I'm the same way. I just can't get into it. Plus I watch all the NFL games I can so adding Saturdays to my football season would mean that half my week and my entire weekend would be spent on football.

But, as a Bears fan, I really should since it appears that we'll be getting a good draft pick posotion...
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Also a Buckeye fan! I love that even though I now live in Arizona, there are still plenty of Buckeye fans and Ohio State bars around for game day, so the excitement is still there.

I also follow Arizona State now. It's local, so fun to go to games and do the tailgating stuff. I got my Masters from there as well.
  • Options
    I'm the same way. I just can't get into it. Plus I watch all the NFL games I can so adding Saturdays to my football season would mean that half my week and my entire weekend would be spent on football.

But, as a Bears fan, I really should since it appears that we'll be getting a good draft pick posotion...
    Oh man I feel ya. I'm for Saints and Texans. Great year so far... FI's team is the Cowboys so at least they aren't full suck this year. Just some Romo clavicle issues. 

I think the Texans need to just have JJ Watt on the field playing every position. Might do better than we are doing now. 
  • Options

Oh man I feel ya. I'm for Saints and Texans. Great year so far... FI's team is the Cowboys so at least they aren't full suck this year. Just some Romo clavicle issues. 

I think the Texans need to just have JJ Watt on the field playing every position. Might do better than we are doing now. 
    And a missing Dez Bryant... H and I are in a fantasy league, and Dez was H's first round draft pick after his keeper player. He was PISSED when Dez went out injured. And then he lost Roethlisberger in yesterday's game, so he's off to a rough start in our league.

We're Seahawks fans in real life, and it was a HUGE relief to see them get their first win of the season yesterday. 

I just love the NFL so much that I don't have time for college shenanigans. Watching football all day on Sunday is stressful enough.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

And a Dez Bryant broken foot :(.  I drafted Romo and Bryant for my Fantasy Team (along with every other seriously injured player in the NFL right now).
  • Options
    I may or may not have a 75 inch TV watching NFL ticket in the living room and about 10 feet away a 32 inch in the kitchen with another NFL game on.   Oh and the living room and kitchen are open to each other.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    I may or may not have a 75 inch TV watching NFL ticket in the living room and about 10 feet away a 32 inch in the kitchen with another NFL game on.   Oh and the living room and kitchen are open to each other.

My sister and I split the cost of her having the Sunday ticket. She has two large TVs next to each other in her man cave/garage and then we move them to her man cave/basement when it gets cold. And she's a single woman. But it's totally necessary. ;P
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Damn y'all got me on Dez. Forgot about him. Clearly not my fave team haha. 

I did include in my vows "I vow for better or for worse, to cheer for the Cowboys." 

I haven't said them yet so I'm still in the clear haha 

Also GL @kimmiandkoley... sounds like a rough fantasy year for you 
  • Options

I did include in my vows "I vow for better or for worse, to cheer for the Cowboys."  (Love this!)

I'm a Lions and a Michigan fan...it's just a rough life in general LOL, so thanks!
  • Options

I did include in my vows "I vow for better or for worse, to cheer for the Cowboys."  (Love this!)

I'm a Lions and a Michigan fan...it's just a rough life in general LOL, so thanks!
    Sorry about your Lions last night.  -Signed, Broncos fan.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

This is us, too! Our 50" TV tuned into 1-2 games (split screen when we NEED to watch more than one), the TV in the office 10 feet away on another game, and yet another game streaming on my laptop. While both of our laptops are also open to our league's stat tracker. We had Sunday Ticket last year - we got it super cheap by threatening to cancel our DirecTV - but we had no intention of paying full price for it this year. H conveniently "forgot" to cancel it, but now I'm glad we have it...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We don't have the Sunday Ticket, but we do have a 75 inch tv in our living room (that is huge so the tv doesn't look *quite* as obnoxious as it could be).

When the Steelers play DH hooks up his Sirius radio to our sound bar and listens to the home radio announcers while we watch on the tv with the sound muted. I'm not quite that bad myself, but I do enjoy football
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2015
    DH and I are huge NC State fans since he went there. We can be excited right now since they are 4-0 but not really too excited because they haven't been against any really good teams. HOWEVER, State always finds a way to blow it even if it is a small team, so that's something. 

Love this clip:

Since it's not working?

• Options

Another Lions fan checking in. DH is a Dolphins fan. Sunday was a rough day for us.

We're Notre Dame fans for college, and they've been doing pretty well, other than injuries. We're going to see them play in November, and I'm so excited.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Woohoo.  DH won both of his fantasy games.  Which is pretty good since he went into last night way behind both opponents and projected to lose both games.   Arron Rodgers having a great game put him over the edge.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards