Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Invited Boss, Missed RSVP Date, Annual Review

Hello Knotties! 

Numbers are due to my caterer on Monday and my boss, who I invited, has not yet RSVP-ed. I invited all my coworkers, my boss, and my boss' boss (with whom I have daily contact). So how do I nudge my boss for his RSVP? To complicate matters, I found out on Friday my annual (and first!) review is on Monday! I feel like it'll be kind of weird to bring this up on the same day. 

What's the best etiquette-approved way to navigate this situation? Thanks all! 

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 

Re: Invited Boss, Missed RSVP Date, Annual Review

• Options
    PupatellaPupatella member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2015
    MegEn1 said:
    Hello Knotties! 

Numbers are due to my caterer on Monday and my boss, who I invited, has not yet RSVP-ed. I invited all my coworkers, my boss, and my boss' boss (with whom I have daily contact). So how do I nudge my boss for his RSVP? To complicate matters, I found out on Friday my annual (and first!) review is on Monday! I feel like it'll be kind of weird to bring this up on the same day. 

Can you send an email to your boss today? Just kindly reminding him that you would appreciate knowing if he's coming to your wedding / and possibly his entree selections, so you can get a final count to your caterer tomorrow? (ETA: this totally depends on the culture of your office and the relationship you have with your boss)

ETA: I agree with you that this would be weird to bring up during your annual review. But if you don't feel comfortable contacting him over the weekend, and you have a good relationship with your boss, I would swing by his office a few hours after your annual review is completed. Just tell him that you need to give your caterer a final count today, and keep the wedding conversation with him very short since it's during work hours.

• Options
    Pupatella said:
    MegEn1 said:
    Hello Knotties! 

Can you send an email to your boss today? Just kindly reminding him that you would appreciate knowing if he's coming to your wedding / and possibly his entree selections, so you can get a final count to your caterer tomorrow? (ETA: this totally depends on the culture of your office and the relationship you have with your boss)

ETA: I agree with you that this would be weird to bring up during your annual review. But if you don't feel comfortable contacting him over the weekend, and you have a good relationship with your boss, I would swing by his office a few hours after your annual review is completed. Just tell him that you need to give your caterer a final count today, and keep the wedding conversation with him very short since it's during work hours.
    This.  Or, you might ask your caterer for one extra day, and then ask your boss on Tuesday.
  • Options
    kvruns said:

I feel like if your relationship is good enough with your boss that you invited her/him to your wedding then you should be comfortable enough saying "hey are you coming my RSVP deadline is today".

If it were me I'd shoot a quick text (because my boss communicates that way and it is easier to make sure I get a response than email and she isn't in the office all the time) or if you see boss just swing by first thing in the morning and ask.

This.  If you're close enough to your boss to invite him to your wedding, it shouldn't be a big deal to shoot him an email asking for his RSVP.  I wouldn't ask in the annual review meeting, because at some places those are very formal, but I assume you have a friendly relationship around the office and could easily ask this question another time without being embarrassed about it.
  • Options
    Definitely keep this separate from your annual review meeting, but I don't think you should hesitate to contact your boss about the RSVP. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards