Interfaith Weddings

Jewish/Catholic wedding - Pre-Cana questions

So I am Jewish and my fiance is Catholic.  We are both not extremely religious (I like to say more spiritual) but we both agreed we wanted religion as part of our ceremony.  So we are getting married at our venue and his priest and a rabbi we found will be marrying us. (unfortunately, the rabbi I grew up with is Conservative and can not marry us) 

Since the priest is marrying us as well, we need to go through pre- cana , we are actually going this weekend, and being Jewish, I am a little nervous as to what to expect.  Has there been any Jewish brides that have experienced this?

Thank you!!! 

Re: Jewish/Catholic wedding - Pre-Cana questions

• If you're getting married in a Catholic ceremony, you will have to agree to raise your children as Catholics.

I don't know what they would discuss with you in Pre-Cana but probably about your general religious beliefs and how compatible they are with the Catholic Church's teachings.

• We are getting married at the venue and having a joint jewish/catholic ceremony.  I have not and will not have to agree to raising my children Catholic, this is something that has already been discussed with the Priest and Rabbi.
  • JCocco219 said:

We are getting married at the venue and having a joint jewish/catholic ceremony.  I have not and will not have to agree to raising my children Catholic, this is something that has already been discussed with the Priest and Rabbi.

Cool. Aside from that and probably anything overtly Catholic, my guess is it will be like secular premarital counseling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards