New York-Long Island
Options

Dowling-Vanderbilt Mansion

Has anyone ever been to a wedding there or had their wedding at this location.  I really like the pictures but I am not sure about Lessing's.  I have no heard the best of things about them.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Smile
proving the choas theory one day at a time http://emtboyandhislove.weebly.com/ Photobucket

Re: Dowling-Vanderbilt Mansion

• Options
    t&j2008t&j2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister had her reception at the Vanderbilt, and it was gorgeous.  My wedding was at Timberpoint, another Lessing's venue, and I can't say enough positive things about the food and service.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My best friend's wedding is there in August.  I haven't been there before, but she is absolutely thrilled to have booked there and everything has been smooth so far.
  • Options
    auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you're willing to go from the South Shore to the North Shore, perhaps you might be interested in the following.  

Our wedding had to be cancelled close to the planned date.  The Thatched Cottage, overlooking the Long Island Sound on LI’s North Shore, will allow us to sell out our lost deposit. The Thatched Cottage has agreed to transfer our entire $14,500 deposit to any couple who is planning to book their wedding at the Cottage, or who may already be in contract with them. 

Here is how it would work:  At the Cottage premises, they will transfer a total of $14,500 to your contract with them.  At the same time, we are asking for $10,000 from you to be paid by a local certified bank check at the Cottage premises.  

What this means is that we are able to recoup $10,000 of our lost deposit (hopefully for another wedding in the future) and you receive $4,500 in free deposit money to use as you please.  By doing this, we avoid losing our total deposit of $14,500 to the Cottage for a wedding that didn’t happen. 

The wedding date, menu and all wedding options are strictly up to you.  Our contract is now null and void.  Use the $4,500 as you like – extras at your cocktail hour, add a Viennese table, or simply apply the funds toward your remaining wedding costs.  It’s your wedding and your choices. 

If you are still in the planning stages, view The Thatched Cottage’s website for information about the wedding packages they offer and lovely views and pictures of this upscale venue.  If you have any interest, you can contact me directly at kvanbell@optonline.net.  Congratulations and good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would give them a very average report. Every step of the way felt like pulling teeth. I'm about 2 months from my wedding and I am still dealing with a lot of headache. If you are particular about details this is not the place. What they have is what it is and that's that with them. don't know why they have such good reviews. I'm not that picky but there are still minimum standards. would not recommend them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards