Wedding Woes

Morning?

Almost afternoon. What's up? 

DefConn loves soccer.  :) YAY.  Maybe it will help him with coordination. Bless his heart, he got my klutzy genes. 

We got the e-mail that our vacation bidding next year has been set up for 2 weeks from now.  All I can think about is going to the beach. 

Re: Morning?

• Morning. This morning was a cluster as I had an early AM call for work and had to juggle getting DS ready while DH watched DD and got himself ready for work. Also, for a kid who is ridiculously excited every morning for school, DS manages to do like 9058395 other little things in the morning that waste a ton of time and put us in the car line that is super long.

Otherwise, it's same shit different day over here. I need it to be Friday.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2015
    The bosses are all out of town.  We only have a half day tomorrow.  The rest of the day tomorrow, I will be helping liquidate the business that DH helped start over a decade ago.  It's a mishmash of feelings about that.  Overall, we're just letting it go.

I don't feel like working, so I'm making my Republican Debate Bingo cards for the fundraiser.  I've ordered the notecards for thank you cards and the bingo daubers, just for fun for the first few people.  We've got quite a few prizes donated and more incoming, so I'm hoping we're able to meet and exceed our goal ($300.00).  

Beyond the fun I have with the group, I'm feeling stuck in some sort of rut.  IDK what it is. I think I'm just really damn worn out with everything at work, home, and the group. 

DH is going through a rough patch, hitting school back full time.  It's so obvious what whackjobs his parents were when it came to school and how much baggage he still has over it.  He's doing really well and his department likes him and he can't let himself be proud of that.  He's also killing it in his new student job (he was basically put into the actual IT department once they saw his resume, not just student worker in the computer labs) and he's already been asked to apply for the next full time position that opens, which would be really amazing for us (8 years since two full time incomes is becoming a bit of a drag).  That's wearing me out too, b/c I'm suddenly acting kind of like a single person life with his class schedule, and all the support he's needing (which I don't begrudge, it's just tiring).

I need an actual, real vacation with a beach, cabana boy, and a kindle full of books.
  • We passed foundation inspection.  DH and I are better.  I knew what he was dealing with, but he didn't fully realize what was happening around here. 

• Hurricane may be headed this way.  Got a meeting in 10 minutes that I'm not looking forward to.  Done with DS's birthday shopping (and my mom's).
  • But you have Joaquin to look forward to! 

• But you have Joaquin to look forward to! 

The governor has declared a state of emergency, and I assume that's due to the Joaquin-ness of it all.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards