Attire & Accessories Forum

Need help finding these two dresses

wedding is in 5 months. I have searched high and low for a dress I like. Finally found two styles online that I like only to discover they were recently discontinued and the designer has none left and won't recut them. I would need to find one in the store. Called stores in nearly all states. No luck so far. Posted on other forums. People try to find dresses similar but nothing compares to these two. Tried to find used online. Can't. I am hoping the wedding dress gurus on this site may be able to help. They are styles 2416 and 2209 from the Bonny bliss line. I've looked at all the modest websites and nothing I really like.

Re: Need help finding these two dresses

• wedding is in 5 months. I have searched high and low for a dress I like. Finally found two styles online that I like only to discover they were recently discontinued and the designer has none left and won't recut them. I would need to find one in the store. Called stores in nearly all states. No luck so far. Posted on other forums. People try to find dresses similar but nothing compares to these two. Tried to find used online. Can't. I am hoping the wedding dress gurus on this site may be able to help. They are styles 2416 and 2209 from the Bonny bliss line. I've looked at all the modest websites and nothing I really like. People say sleeves and such can be added in but I don't want to really do that. I feel it would look pieced together. Kinda concerned since so many places say it can take 4-6 months to get a dress ordered. Wedding is in 5. Pics of the two dresses attached. Any help locating them would be appreciated. Or finding one nearly identical to them.
    This means nothing if you haven't tried on the styles.  Many of the ladies here post how they thought they'd get a certain type of dress - and when they tried it on they hated it!  Myself included.  And you hear the stories of ladies trying on stuff they would've never dreamed of and they fell in love with the dress.

Some places take 6-9 months for a dress to come in.  Then you need a few weeks for alterations.  David's Bridal tends to come in much faster.  Or if you go into a boutique, find out how long it would take for the dress to come in.  Most have a rush option.  And you can always buy off the rack.  

But don't get your heart set on a silhouette/style that you haven't even tried on yet.  Get out there now and start trying on!
  • I get what you are saying. I compare everything in person to these two and nothing compares. So I am still searching for these two.
  • I get what you are saying. I compare everything in person to these two and nothing compares. So I am still searching for these two.
    Well, at the very least, you should be considering sleeveless gowns with the option to add sleeves, since the majority of dresses don't already have sleeves.  You're limiting yourself otherwise, and a good seamstress can work wonders and make it appear as if the sleeves were always there.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards