Wedding Woes

Today's goal is simple

Don't break anything.  The new washing machine will be here Wednesday (hopefully early).  Of COURSE DH's uniforms didn't get picked up this week so he has no work clothes.  We're still shopping the dishwasher.  That isn't quite as important so it can wait.

Next up we need to buy furniture and carpet and a ceiling fan.  I've finally gotten to start painting my bookcases and I'm liking the results.  They were a honey oak color and now they'll be trim color.  As soon and the trusses come in they'll get started (like this weekend or next).

Re: Today's goal is simple

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2015
    DH just called and we chatted about vacation through the end of the year. We're actually taking three work days off together between now and the end of the year when the kids will still be in school, outside the week we're taking off later this month.  I'm so excited.  

Now that we have soft water, all sorts of gunk is finding it's way out of our pipes.  I've noticed it the most with the dishwasher.  I spent about a half hour cleaning the most disgusting booger looking stuff out of the dishwasher.  It didn't smell, but the look and consistency was making me nauseous.  I think it's because the house is almost 40 years old.  I pray it's not 40 year old gunk, but the thought of it being so made my stomach turn. 

DefConn did not sleep well last night and didn't want to go to school today, but he's starting to be on the upswing with the cold.  His poor nose just needs to unclog.  
  • We got all the summer stuff put up in the attic yesterday and when I was doing winter attic clothes laundry, I noticed the dryer wasn't turning on.  We've noticed you have to position the cord just so to get it to work recently and now that wasn't working.  DH took the casing off the wall outlet and part of it was burned up.  Holy hell.  He's hoping he can just replace the outlet and everything will be good.  We just bought this dryer last year.  We'd really rather not have to get another new one.

I have convinced the girls that painting pumpkins will be so much more fun than carving and they'll last longer.  Here's hoping we can duplicate the designs they've picked out.  DD1 wants Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas and DD2 is still deciding between spongebob, clifford the big red dog and sully from Monster's Inc.  They don't look too difficult, but I've never actually done them.
  • DH just called and we chatted about vacation through the end of the year. We're actually taking three work days off together between now and the end of the year when the kids will still be in school, outside the week we're taking off later this month.  I'm so excited.  

DH and I try to schedule a few of these every year.  We call them grownup days, and we do grownup stuff, like going out for sushi for lunch (and middle of the day BCBC, which has pretty much gone extinct since the kids showed up).
    tawillers said:

I have convinced the girls that painting pumpkins will be so much more fun than carving and they'll last longer.  Here's hoping we can duplicate the designs they've picked out.  DD1 wants Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas and DD2 is still deciding between spongebob, clifford the big red dog and sully from Monster's Inc.  They don't look too difficult, but I've never actually done them.
    That's so funny because I've been looking at Jack Skellington pictures and trying to decide if I can pull it off (carving, not painting). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards