Wedding Woes
Options

Weds

MIL had surgery Monday (two plates in her neck because her discs were badly damaged) and is still struggling with post-anesthesia.  She can drink water, but can't keep anything down.  She's home and resting now.  She's had this issue with past surgeries, so it's nothing new.  But no less frustrating. 

DH's grandpa (FIL's dad) has been in the hospital for 15 days.  It's not looking very good right now.  He was transferred to rehab and then transferred back to the hospital. He can't eat at all and is having a lot of issues getting any rest.  I guess they're putting in a chest tube today.  So IDK.   FIL is thinking about heading over to see him this weekend.  So we're going to have to go help MIL. 

DefConn is struggling in school.   He doesn't want to do his work and even worse, he's being disruptive during nap/quiet time.  We're working on solutions, especially for nap time.  I know he needs to try to do his school work and learn to follow instruction (which is hard for my stubborn, willful child), but there's a small part of me that's like, "He's ONLY 4.5. He's just a baby."  Ugh.  Thankfully DH is less soft than me.  

We closed on our house a year ago toady.  I cannot believe it's already been that long. 

Re: Weds

• Options
    We might be having friends over tonight to watch the baseball game.  I need to figure out what snacks we have to offer.

I took DD1 to the dollar store yesterday to get things for her halloween costume.  She's going to be a zombie bride so we picked up some plastic spiders to put on her dress, black flowers for a bouquet, some blood, and a bat she wants to hang off her dress.  We'll see about the bat.  Not sure it will work out.

I dropped off payroll this morning at the hair salon and they made me try this dip a customer made and brought in.  It was the cream cheese, dried beef, green onion dip and I love it.  I wish I could have brought it home.
  • Options
    I want that dip.  
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2015
    I'm sorry about MIL and especially mr.conn's grandfather.  I hope everyone improves quickly.

Good luck with DefConn.  Nap time at 4-1/2 is THE WORST.  I think sitting quietly and following directions is just inherently harder for (most) boys, so I don't envy you. 

DH has decided that he doesn't want to travel for Thanksgiving.  I know I said I would be fine with whatever, as long as he made a decision.  But there is a teeny voice in the back of my head that says we should go.  I'm stifling it:  it's his dad, his call.  And as I've mentioned, they've never had the best relationship.  And I was the one complaining on here about flying with two kids or driving across five states.  I just feel like his dad is getting older, and with MIL already gone, maybe DH shouldn't take his dad's presence for granted.  Parents age, kids grow up in the blink of an eye.  But in addition to the time/money, DH has been swamped at work and is hearing he's up for a promotion.  So on top of everything else, I don't think he feels like he can get away now.  Anyway, I told him the part about his dad (and the kids) getting older when we were discussing whether to go, so I said my piece.  My lips are now zipped.

Today is DS's birthday.  He woke us up at 5:47 a.m., which is the exact time he was born.  It's almost like he knew.  :)  Wooz made him a really sweet birthday card, and we gave him his shopping cart this morning since I couldn't really wrap it.  It was awesome, because he ran laps around the island while we finished getting ready.  We're doing his favorite dinner (meatballs!) tonight, with cake and the rest of his presents.
  • Options
    I think I need to make it.  If not today, this weekend for sure.
  • Options

I'm sorry Mrs.Conn.  I really forget he was 4.5!!  What?  Does he really still nap? 

Taw- I LOVE a chipped beef ball, so bad but so good.

My washing machine is on a truck getting here in the next 15 minutes.  It's darn near the worst time because I have to pick M2 up in an hour and I don't think they'll be done in time.

6let's soccer coach sent an email at 9 cancelling practice for TONIGHT and rescheduling for tomorrow night.  Grrrr, now I have to do a carseat scramble with carpool and psr and rethink tomorrow night's dinner.  I can't wait for this season to end.

• Options
    He doesn't nap at home except for when he's sick. On the weekends if we're out and about and he's tired, he'll fall asleep in the car.  But as soon as we pull up at home/our destination, he's awake.  They don't force them to sleep, but they want them to settle for quiet time for about 1.5 hours or so. 
  • Options
    1.5 hours of quiet time?  I'd have a hard time with that.  Poor kid.
  • Options

Conn, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's grandpa.

Heffa, could you guys fly his dad in? One plane ticket would be cheaper, but he wouldn't get to spend time his other family. Maybe, fly him down for another long weekend if he doesn't come for TG.

• Options
    I don't have much to share.  Gearing up for lots of stuff this week.  Pub meeting tonight, another meeting tomorrow night (a woman's group that is very, "we'll see how this goes" for me), wedding Saturday, day trip on Sunday.  Work is still slow.  DH has 5 tests next week and is somewhat losing his mind.  He's having to sit out all the weekend fun.
  • Options

Heffa, could you guys fly his dad in? One plane ticket would be cheaper, but he wouldn't get to spend time his other family. Maybe, fly him down for another long weekend if he doesn't come for TG.

FIL doesn't really like to fly, and I don't think the price of the ticket is an issue.  We meet up with them sometimes (we did Atlanta in the spring), so hopefully we'll keep that going.  There are just a lot of factors:  FIL's wife's parents are older and in poor health, so she doesn't want to travel (she has several siblings in the area, so it's not that she can't, just that she doesn't want to, which I understand); DH and work; us with two small kids; DD's school schedule; the whole dynamic between DH/FIL/SIL.  (BIL has pretty much dropped off the face of the earth, it's weird.)  I like your suggestion, and hopefully we'll find a time to get together that works for everyone.
  • Options
    *sneaks in*

I've been MIA, mostly because of work, and partly because I've defected to TB.  Not because I'm pregnant but because I have ADD and was all BABIES.  So no babies to speak of, but doesn't mean we don't BCBC as often as possible.  No one wants to know that though.  TB has ruined my sense of "normal"  DAMN.

*sneaks out*
  • Options
    You watch yourself over there Oface.
  • Options
    Hahaha  I know 6, I know.

I've found a group of girls and we've formed a private group rather than just hanging out in public.  Early on there was a catfishing situation that was discovered and some harassment and whatnot.  Thus the name and avatar change.
  • Options
    None of that happened to me, btw.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards