Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

IN-SUITE DECORATION

Hi everyone,

I wondered whether anyone had any advice where to find props / decor rentals for an in-suite reception.

The reason being that I am less than impressed with the photos I've been shown by Aria and would like to add some style / flair to the room.

Any recommendations or "stay away from" tips would be really helpful as I'm planning this from the UK.

Thanks in advance!

Re: IN-SUITE DECORATION

• Options
    Would love feedback on this as well! I'm more inclined not to do anything at all...
  • Options

We decorated our Vista Suite at Mandalay Bay for our reception. At first, I debated keeping it very minimalist (i.e. just putting some tea light candles or rose petals around), but I elected to do a little bit more, and it turned out really beautifully.

We rented a few high top cocktail tables, so I bought some linens for them from tableclothsfactory.com. Linens for the three high tops, including runners to tie around them, and a linen for the cake table all came to less than $40, which was cheaper than renting them. They were a very nice quality, and as much as we would have liked to keep them, since they were fairly inexpensive, we didn't feel too bad throwing them out afterwards so we didn't have to lug them around.

I also ordered roses, vases, and floating candles from fiftyflowers.com, which we had delivered to my mother-in-law's hotel a couple days prior. These turned out so beautifully and added so much to the atmosphere. The total cost for all came to under $200.

I also ordered some round votive candle holders from Oriental Trading and filled them with loose pearl beads and votive candles. These were scattered around the room and also added nicely to the ambience. Also cheap!

I'll post some pics when I get them back!

• Options

I know many brides have used LED Unplugged Marquee lighting for decore. It was outof my price range to rent and I found smaller versions at Michaels.

http://www.ledunplugged.com/ 

• Options
    I'm doing an in-suite reception in the vista suite as well. I look forward to seeing your pictures.
  • Options
    @Violet555

Thank you so much for the info - It's a huge help already and I cannot wait to see the photos!

@Futuremrshauger - Checking them out will be this evening's job  ;-)

• Options

Hello

Do they let you bring in outside food? or where did you get your food from?

• Options
    All Night Long rents uplighting, so that's an option.  If you rent lighting from anyone though, just make sure it's LED, because the A/C units in the rooms aren't designed to handle the kind of heat normal incandescent lights put out.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options

ggmore said:

Hello

Do they let you bring in outside food? or where did you get your food from?

No one officially allows outside catering in hotels, however, the only time it's typically an issue is when the room requires keyed elevator access, or worse, manned security access to the elevators such as the all suites tower at the Palms.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards