Pre-wedding Parties

Party for two!

Hi ladies,

I'm hoping for a little inspiration...My best friend is getting married in December and her hen do (bachelorette party) is this weekend. We were chatting today and she said that she'd also really like to do something just the two of us. So we've agreed a date and I'm going to organise it. I was thinking about booking a night away for us, not too far. But I'm wondering what I can do to add to that. Obviously there will be food and champagne, but neither of us are ones for going out drinking so I'm thinking something low-key. I'm just trying to think of things to make it special (that don't cost a fortune), even down to fun hen do games - it's just making stuff work for two people!!!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them :-)

Thanks x

Re: Party for two!

• What do you guys normally do for fun?  Do you ever go to the spa?  Do you like mani/pedis?  Do you like paintball?  Just plan something you two would normally enjoy.  I know for my best friend, I would do something like go on a fun hike during the day, finished off by Thai food and watching one of our favorite movies in the evening.  That's something she would love.  If the tables were flipped, I would love to get a massage and pedicure followed by a nice dinner, or I would love to go to a play and dinner.  You're BFFs, so I'm guessing you know what she likes.  Just plan something around that.  

• I agree with PP. Don't do something that seems obligatory to a bachelorette party (except the champagne of course). Do something she would like.

Off the top of my head, three of my closest friends would each like a rennaissance fair, a sci fi/comic convention, and an art museum day. I think we'd all appreciate a place with a hot tub or other relaxing way to end the evening (this is something I look for when I rent vacation places on HomeAway or other cabin/house rental sites). Add drinks and food, and you're set.
  • My best friend and I tend to like to do classes/workshops/seminars together.

Does your friend like to cook? My best friend is a terrible cook and constantly jokes that her FI will starve unless she learns... We are going to do a  cooking class before Christmas.  She has a major birthday next year, so I am planning on taking her to DC (about 3 hours away) for a bike tour when the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom.  She loves DC and has never done a bike tour before.

Things we've done in the past have included wine pairing class, painting class, pottery class, horseback riding, tennis workshop, yarn spinning class, tea seminars...

Does she like to be pampered? Does she like being active? Does she like to be crafty? Does she like the outdoors?

Try to think about what your friend loves or would appreciate the most, then go from there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards