Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Things

Good morning! Last night, I grabbed sushi for H and myself (side note: I tried a spicy kani salad for the first time and I have no idea what was in it but it was SO GOOD), then H left for hockey and I got caught up on some shows: Scream Queens, The Leftovers, Chasing Life. 

Tonight, I have to CLEAN. We have friends going to the Devils first game of the season with us and then they're staying over afterwards. I likely won't have time to get in actual work out but cleaning has to count for something, right? 

Since Home Chef didn't arrive early enough last night, tonight's dinner is Shrimp Fra Diavolo with Linguine and Robust Chile Flake Tomato Sauce. We also ordered these for the week: 

I'm super excited for all of them! I hope everyone has a great day and PLEASE let it not be as long as yesterday :) 

What's one thing that......... (or more, whatever)

.....you like about yourself (physically, personality-wise, etc)? 
.....could use a little work? 
.....you've always wanted to do but were too afraid or just unable to do it?
.....you wish you had more time for?
.....is a pet peeve of yours? 
.....you would do if you won $1,000,000? 
.....you love to wear?
.....you want to eat right now?
.....you love about NEY?
.....bugs you about NEY?

Re: Thursday Things

• @swazzle I want a pork roll, egg and cheese now, thanks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Ugh @jenjen047 you reminded me that I should put away summer clothes. I have no space for clothes in my bedroom!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle your HC meals sound so fancy to me lol

Yesterday I went to The Cheesecake Factory with my BFF to get dinner. Dinner itself wasn't great but it was nice to see her as we've both been busy and I missed her. Then I headed home and I was just too tired to work out. Instead I sat online looking at houses. I realized yesterday that we were way overestimating what price house we could afford because we weren't factoring in property taxes, home owner's insurance and PMI. So disappointing. 

Today the plan is to do the Blogilates workout and make dinner. So happy Friday is almost here!

What's one thing that......... (or more, whatever)

.....you like about yourself (physically, personality-wise, etc)? I like my butt
    .....could use a little work? I can be very negative, I'm a pessimist, it's just how I deal
    .....you've always wanted to do but were too afraid or just unable to do it? Sky diving!
    .....you wish you had more time for? I wish there was more time in the day so I could work, work out, make dinner, clean and relax all in one day
    .....is a pet peeve of yours? I have so many pet peeves it's not even funny. It drives me nuts when people say "I'm a grandmother again, a father again, an aunt again" etc- you're already a grandmother, you don't become one again. 
    .....you would do if you won $1,000,000? Buy a house!
    .....you love to wear? Pajamas. If I'm not going out or working out I'm in my Pjs
    .....you want to eat right now? Not sure, it's pretty early still.
    .....you love about NEY? It makes the time go by at work a little faster sometimes, you guys make me laugh :)
    .....bugs you about NEY? Sometimes there's just too many personalities at once

• I STILL have not organized my clothes. I want to tackle everything with the mentality that I'm getting rid of anything that I don't feel good in because if I don't feel good in it then I won't want to wear it so what's the point of letting it take up precious closet space? I just have to do it. Maybe this weekend. 

• Swazzle said:
    I STILL have not organized my clothes. I want to tackle everything with the mentality that I'm getting rid of anything that I don't feel good in because if I don't feel good in it then I won't want to wear it so what's the point of letting it take up precious closet space? I just have to do it. Maybe this weekend. 

I think we need to motivate each other this weekend to get this done! I have clothes with tags on them that I haven't work and bought 3 years ago, so yeah....

@lavenderfields13 I love looking at houses, that sucks thought you didn't factor in other costs in your escrow, hopefully you find something!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Awww @twodimes that makes me feel so loved here! I like hanging out here again!!!! Even though there are some posters on here I'm like "who are you?" I'll start to learn who they are!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle - I think we have another Scream Queens episode to watch. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I also have to clean tonight because DH is coming home and I don't want him to know (think) I'm a slob ;)

@buddysmom80 - I've heard lately about people getting bad food or missing food altogether from BA. That never happened to me... what a bummer that is!

Add me to the list of people that need to re-organize their closet for fall/winter. I also need to go to Target today to get some shoe organizers. DH has agreed to let me take over some room in the back bedroom for more shoes, which will help our closet look a LOT less cluttered!

Last night I donated blood, then came home and made yummy teriyaki chicken tenders. I meant to bring the leftovers for lunch but totally spaced. Then I sat on the couch and watched four more episodes of Gilmore Girls.

Tonight I am going to go for a quick run after work, then I need to clean up the house, dust, clean the bathrooms before DH returns from his work trip late tonight.

What's one thing that......... 

.....you like about yourself (physically, personality-wise, etc)? 
    My eyes and how much I care about other people

my ability to focus and set career goals

Skydive. Now that I have the money to do it, I wouldn't want to take the chance because god-forbid something happened, DH and my family would be left to pick up the pieces.

Reading

People who interrupt.
    People who don't do their job, but somehow get to keep their job.

Pay off my debts. Pay for my niece and nephew to go to college. Take a cruise around the world.

.....you love to wear?
    Fitted (not skin tight) dresses
    Heels
    Jeans

Pizza

.....you love about NEY?
    How supporting this community is

.....bugs you about NEY?
    How not everyone gets along all the time. I just want everyone to get along all the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @swazzle - I know, I have the same mentality but when it comes to actually doing it I am lazy. I need a buddy to help me go through stuff. As in, literally sit there and watch me do it.

@lavenderfields13 - I know, all the extras on a house are the killer. Such a bummer but better to figure it out now before you fall in love with a house you can't afford. Here's another tip: don't look at houses in cheaper parts of the country. Anytime I watch House Hunters and they are in Texas I want to scream from jealousy.
  • Everyone talking about putting away clothes is making me really sad that we don't have dressers yet. All of my clothes are in bags, suitcases, and boxes. 

@lavenderfields13 now I want cheesecake factory. What did you get from there?
  • @speakeasy14 I'm glad dinner was good with your dad and sister. Quigley is possesive with his toys too! When my parents come to visit and bring their golden retriever he will get so mad if my parent's dog is playing with toys that he hasn't touched in years. It's like two kids arguing! Also in regards to clothes, my clothes are either crammed into a dresser, or folded on the floor near my bed so I get your frustration. I need to figure out a better system, I think just purging my clothes is going to help.

@cu97tiger I feel your pain about organizing shoes I have so many shoes all over the house! I'm also trying to convince H to let me convert a bedroom into a dressing room or the root cellar in our basement (it's not a dirt floor, but it's seperate from the rest of the basement) for me, but he just gives me a look like "are you serious right now?"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @peaseblossom55 love you so much and good luck today!!!!! I'm so glad the new therapist is working out for you!!!!! <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @peaseblossom55 - I hope the therapist works out and I'm glad you like her/him so far.  Also, the necklace sounds lovely.  
  • @jenjen047 I'm obsessed with House Hunters and I'm always so jealous of the cost of houses other places! I have to remind myself that they most likely make less money and that's why everything is cheaper. It's so frustrating though. When my parents moved to OH they were able to buy a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath house and what they paid wouldn't even get us a condo here. 

House Hunters makes me think of another pet peeve: when people on the show are viewing homes and complain about the paint colors. You know you can paint the rooms after you own it right?? 

@speakeasy14 I got the tomato basil pasta which is what I usually get but it had no flavor this time and tasted watered down. They also changed some of their bread so it's super hard and crusty :(

@peaseblossom I'm glad your therapy session went well and you like your therapist. That necklace sounds beautiful!

• @buddysmom80 - Ok! I'm leaning towards getting it done at some point on Saturday (I have yoga in the morning and I'm not sure when the other Andrea and her H are leaving). We got this! 

@lavenderfields13 - All those extra things are the suck. Especially property taxes. Mine are so high :(

@speakeasy14 - I miss KUIing!!!!

@jenjen047 - Imagine me glaring at you from NJ on Saturday as I organize my stuff. 

@Peaseblossom55 - Good luck today! I'm sending vibes and I hope it goes well <3

@minskat30 - PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! What an amazing feeling!!!!!

• Whoo! Exciting news! I got 80% on the quiz in my course that's worth 20% of my final grade!!
    *dances*

Obv last night not much since my course.
    Tonight is dinner {Matt is making sausages with steak Diana sauce so they're caramelized, and I'm making rice as a side lol} catch up on tv shows and general tidying. We have a bunch of stuff to bring up to our locker.

I was just thinking last night my sinus/eye issue was going away, but this morning it is back. Guhhh!! Hopefully end of the month will get my answers when I visit the eye dr :(

....you like about yourself (physically, personality-wise, etc)?
    Uhm ... I like the colour of my eyes. My curves are decent.

Obviously other than my self confidence? Lol! I do need to start getting better on moving more and eating better. Hips/thighs area.

Not sure. Only thing I can think of is driving, but I'm working on that

Sleep. Lol Although I could have a whole day to sleep late and I'd be up at stupid times.

Grammar is the first thing that pops to mind.

Invest some and buy a house.

.....you love to wear?
    Depends on my mood.

My lunch - left over dinner from last night - is sitting beside me and I can smell it.

.....you love about NEY?
    Watching people bugging each other

.....bugs you about NEY?
    The fact I can't see majority of the gifs and pictures people post :( {i'm on my work computer, lots of things are cut off}
  • @minskat30 That's so awesome!! Fitting into certain clothes can definitely make you feel better than a number on the scale.

• @minskat30 awesome news about your dress fitting!!!!!! It's such a great feeling!

@swazzle I have nothing planned Saturday except for grocery shopping (morning) and being a couch potato so yeah, my schedule is free! I already have in my head what clothes I'm getting rid of. I'm just nervous because they've been kicking around the idea that if they move us off-site and have no patient contact then we don't have to wear these work uniforms. So if I get rid of everything, then I would have to go back out and buy new stuff. Actually, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world so....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - You could send it all to ThredUp and then maybe use the credit for new stuff in the future if that happens? OR put it in bags and set it aside for the time being so that if you get moved off-site, you'll still have it all but it's not taking up space in the closet. 

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @swazzle - Ha!  You got it.  Here is me in the dress in our work bathroom (I was too tired to do my hair after the Raj night).  

ETA Ugh, can't get it to upload...sorry.  I'll fix it when my 9 am meeting is over.  ;)
  • @twodimes - Ha, no that was definitely not aimed at you specifically, it's more of just a general thought. It makes me sad that some people have left NEY over the years because they were made to feel not welcome, or because they had personality conflicts with other posters. I love ALL the posters (well, not all of them, I AM human).

@minskat30 - That's a bummer about not being able to go to India but I do think you can find lots of things that will keep you occupied in Phoenix/Sedona. Definitely PM me (how are we not FB friends?).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @swazzle good idea about putting the clothes away. I just don't want to be like "oh this piece of shit sweater, I would wear that to work, I'll keep it."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards