Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!

Woo!  What's up for the weekend?

DH is heading to help out MIL tonight since FIL is going to see GFIL.  I'm not sure if he's staying one night or two.  He's going to take the kiddo and he might take DefConn.  I'm staying home.  I have too much to do. 

We have nothing else on the books.  

Re: Friday!

• Options
    So my good-for-nothing, know-nothing boss was fired yesterday (after <1 yr), and good riddance.  I haven't posted about him because a) after some real doozies, I had had a run of decent bosses, and wanted to focus on the positive, b) posting shit about your boss from your work computer is not smart, and I haven't been on mobile much due to kids + TK mobile issues, and c) sometimes, I just didn't even feel like rehashing it all, it was so depressing. 

"In Spanish, they don't have a word for 'and,' so they use the letter Y instead."  I wanted to cry. 

Also, I asked him a question once and he yelled at me.  And it wasn't like "Can I have your iPad and keep it forever?" it was "Do you want calendar year or fiscal year?" and he yelled "Just get the numbers!"  Awesome.  So Dummy is gone, old manager is back in the interim, and he's angling to make it permanent.  I could definitely live with that.  So much bullshit has instantly disappeared from my life.  So I'm feeling good.

DH is taking a day off today because their latest crisis has passed and he's recovering from 12 hour days.  DD has a birthday party at 6:30 tonight and feels very grownup to be going to a "nighttime party."  Since DH is off, I think I'll pick up the kids, meet him somewhere for dinner, drop Wooz at her party, and then the three of us can do [something] until it's time to pick her up.  Or if DS gets tired, one of us can always shuttle him home and the other can get Wooz.

My mom is coming tomorrow to celebrate her birthday and DS's.  I've decided to do make-your-own-pizzas, so I need to run out and get the premade crusts and a bunch of toppings.  Our town is having a fall festival this weekend, but since Saturdays are usually pretty busy, I think we'll check it out Sunday.

Oh, and speaking of Wooz:  girl drama.  Gawd, how I hate girl drama.  Some kid named Aubrey has been giving her shit at afterschool, she was actually crying when I picked her up.  (Because she wrote "I hate Wooz" on a piece of paper and crumpled it up and threw it at her.  The way she was crying, I thought she fell off a swing or something.)  So we spent basically the entire drive home talking about not putting up with bullshit from other people or taking it personally.  I have been apprehensive about potty training a boy, but if it means I never have to deal with drama with DS, it's more than a fair trade.
  • Options
    It's my working Friday, but one of our suppliers is taking me out for lunch, so that will be a nice way to break up the day. 

I'd like to try and get in some pool time over the weekend, and maybe take a drive out to a local farm. I won one of their photo contests last year, and got 4 annual passes, so i'd like to get out there a few times to use them. they have a massive field of flowers where I love to photograph Wolverine and all of the butterflies.

We got invited to a gtg/party/playdate on Saturday afternoon/evening, so we'll probably go hang out for a while. That actually reminds me - I need to get supplies on my way home and make something to take. 
  • Options
    I'm waiting to wash the hair color out of my hair.  I hope I like it. 

Tonight we are having friends over to watch the cubs game.  We're going to order pizza for dinner.

Tomorrow and Sunday we have soccer.  I'd also like to get started on putting halloween costumes together.
  • Options

It's overcast this afternoon so we're watching a movie.

Tomorrow is soccer and hopefully I can paint my bookcases. 

Sunday my sister and I are going to see Kinky Boots!

• Options
    I think I'm going grocery shopping tonight.  Which sucks, but I have no other time.

Tomorrow I have a wedding that is about an hour and a half away.  I really don't want to go, but I'm sucking it up.  Also, I'm taking a friend.  DH has five tests in the next week (I think one was today) and is about to lose his mind, so he can't go to anything this weekend.

Sunday we're headed up to a nearby city to hear a speaker that I'm excited to see.  And back home.  Then into another busy week and weekend.  

Three years ago, when I made the decision to get myself involved with volunteer, charity, and community work, I didn't forsee the day when I'd long to be somewhat lazy again.  I'm such an extrovert that I really love it; on the other hand there are times I need to recharge with some quiet and I'm not really getting that time lately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards