Budget Weddings Forum

Help a fellow Knottie?

2»

Re: Help a fellow Knottie?

• Wow.  Is it so hard to believe I am telling the truth?  That I came with an apology and explanation for my mistake?  I guess it is.

Was I surprised and shocked that SO many people go SO bent out of shape over literally nothing?  Um...yes.  Was I surprised that so many people judged my character and intentions without even asking me anything about it?  Um...yes.  In fact, I posted this on another community page, and got NO hate, but I did get plenty of votes.  

On social media, I see brides and couples all the time asking for votes on this or that...and I always do it.  I don't know these people, but why not?  Why not be nice?  Why not be happy for someone else's moment?  So, yes, imagine my surprise when I was met with negativity and vitriol.  Did I screw up per the terms of the TOS?  Yes, and I admitted it.

Just because I don't have a TON of extra time to spend on here does not make me less of a member, bride or person.  Just because I don't comment on every single question, doesn't mean I'm less of a member, bride or person.  Just because I don't feel some compulsion to tell my story in an endless parade of tired gifs on every post doesn't mean I'm less of a member, bride or person.  Just because I didn't make a personal connection with anyone on this thread, doesn't mean I didn't make a connection with any members.  I just chose to make connections with people who were positive instead of negative.

You know, the whole reason I was so anxious to be a Knottie was I figured it would be a supportive community of brides and maybe even friends, that were happy and excited for each other.  But nope...for the most part, all I've seen is grammar police, etiquette police, negativity, nastiness, bitterness, meanness, jealousy and people anxious to tell other brides everything they are doing wrong.  In short - bullies.  Well, I had no use for bullies when I was in school, and I still don't.  You are all so busy being nasty and mean - are you even enjoying your own bridal moments?

Seriously ladies - you all need to take a deep breath and calm down.  If you all got your knickers in a knot over this, life is going to be very, very hard for you.  Because it gets much worse than this.  This is quite simply - nothing.  It has no significance in the world at all, and makes no difference to me whether you vote for me or not.  I did it for fun, and you all turned it into a series of hate filled posts.

Talk about me behind my back, say I'm fake, phony or whatever.  I will dismiss it, just like this entire thread, with a flick of my wrist.
  • I don't doubt that you didn't know it was against TOS- but the point you are missing is you can't appeal as "a member of the community- help me out" when are aren't one. If you were, you would know you are one of hundreds of people who post links to these silly contests and clog up the boards. If people don't promply reply, all the boards will become is "vote for me". People post on social media because they know the person. If you don't know the person, you are going to look at the contest and vote for whoever's appeal you like the best, which is not necessarily yours!
  • I'm not missing any point.  The first person to respond said very nicely, "you can't do this." Ok, that should have been enough.  That was fine.  But instead it became a mean, hate filled tirade against me.

I clearly said on social media I vote for people I DON'T KNOW.  When you do contests, you can hashtag and appeal to others for help.  I vote for other people (again, I don't know) all the time who appeal for help.  Even people who qualified for things I tried to get but didn't.  I always wish everyone luck and congratulate the winner.  I've won plenty of things, and don't hate on anyone for trying to win things for themselves.  

I'd like to know who decides when I become a "member of the community."  I mean...I have contributed on other boards and asked other questions.  But everyone here has decided nope - that's not good enough.  So, who decides?  Clearly, a criteria is to figure out how to change your number into a Knottie name - so I'm kind of SOL there.  But, other than that, I mean, do I ask 10 questions?  20?  Make 32 replies; or 72?  Just agree with everything you all say, and then I'm in?  And who is in charge of deciding who is "in?"  Who is the Grand Poomba of the Knotosphere?
  • Well for someone who is calling people out for getting their "knickers in a knot" over absolutely nothing, you seem to be pretty upset by the responses.

Just a bit of perspective here; would you walk into an established group or organization in person and say "hey fellow members do something for me that's against the rules of the group?" when you've never been to a meeting, or only gone a few times? Probably not.
  • @spockforprez I make those Oreo truffles!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I would vote for Addie for Grand Poomba.  I think she would keep me supplied in booze and cake.

• Wow.  Is it so hard to believe I am telling the truth?  That I came with an apology and explanation for my mistake?  I guess it is.

Was I surprised and shocked that SO many people go SO bent out of shape over literally nothing?  Um...yes.  Was I surprised that so many people judged my character and intentions without even asking me anything about it?  Um...yes.  In fact, I posted this on another community page, and got NO hate, but I did get plenty of votes.  

On social media, I see brides and couples all the time asking for votes on this or that...and I always do it.  I don't know these people, but why not?  Why not be nice?  Why not be happy for someone else's moment?  So, yes, imagine my surprise when I was met with negativity and vitriol.  Did I screw up per the terms of the TOS?  Yes, and I admitted it.

Just because I don't have a TON of extra time to spend on here does not make me less of a member, bride or person.  Just because I don't comment on every single question, doesn't mean I'm less of a member, bride or person.  Just because I don't feel some compulsion to tell my story in an endless parade of tired gifs on every post doesn't mean I'm less of a member, bride or person.  Just because I didn't make a personal connection with anyone on this thread, doesn't mean I didn't make a connection with any members.  I just chose to make connections with people who were positive instead of negative.

You know, the whole reason I was so anxious to be a Knottie was I figured it would be a supportive community of brides and maybe even friends, that were happy and excited for each other.  But nope...for the most part, all I've seen is grammar police, etiquette police, negativity, nastiness, bitterness, meanness, jealousy and people anxious to tell other brides everything they are doing wrong.  In short - bullies.  Well, I had no use for bullies when I was in school, and I still don't.  You are all so busy being nasty and mean - are you even enjoying your own bridal moments?

Seriously ladies - you all need to take a deep breath and calm down.  If you all got your knickers in a knot over this, life is going to be very, very hard for you.  Because it gets much worse than this.  This is quite simply - nothing.  It has no significance in the world at all, and makes no difference to me whether you vote for me or not.  I did it for fun, and you all turned it into a series of hate filled posts.

Talk about me behind my back, say I'm fake, phony or whatever.  I will dismiss it, just like this entire thread, with a flick of my wrist.
    Bullshit.  Your "apology" was a passive-aggressive attempt to lash out at the people who told you what you were doing is inappropriate.  It was a bitchy response poorly disguised as an apology.  PS - you can PM a Knot God and ask to have your name changed.

• Viczaesar said:
    I would vote for Addie for Grand Poomba.  I think she would keep me supplied in booze and cake.

Indeed I would!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • oh geez

another one?
  • I'm not missing any point.  The first person to respond said very nicely, "you can't do this." Ok, that should have been enough.  That was fine.  But instead it became a mean, hate filled tirade against me.

I clearly said on social media I vote for people I DON'T KNOW.  When you do contests, you can hashtag and appeal to others for help.  I vote for other people (again, I don't know) all the time who appeal for help.  Even people who qualified for things I tried to get but didn't.  I always wish everyone luck and congratulate the winner.  I've won plenty of things, and don't hate on anyone for trying to win things for themselves.  

I'd like to know who decides when I become a "member of the community."  I mean...I have contributed on other boards and asked other questions.  But everyone here has decided nope - that's not good enough.  So, who decides?  Clearly, a criteria is to figure out how to change your number into a Knottie name - so I'm kind of SOL there.  But, other than that, I mean, do I ask 10 questions?  20?  Make 32 replies; or 72?  Just agree with everything you all say, and then I'm in?  And who is in charge of deciding who is "in?"  Who is the Grand Poomba of the Knotosphere?
    You can HASHTAG? Mind. Blown.

Just because people don't agree with you and your attempt at trying to solicit votes here does not make them a bully.  Same goes with any other special snowflake that gets their feelings hurt because people didn't like their idea, etc.   Bullying is a very serious allegation and it annoys me to see people throw it around so loosely.
  • So you've seen mostly negativity and "bullying" from what you've observed of us here, and yet you still wanted to garner our votes? You don't like us, but you don't mind using us for votes?
  • QueenOfGlitzQueenOfGlitz member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

Me the whole time reading this thread:

Edit: Yes, I came out of lurking to post this.

Crazy Fur-Mom to 1.
    "She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."

• I clearly said on social media I vote for people I DON'T KNOW.  When you do contests, you can hashtag and appeal to others for help.  I vote for other people (again, I don't know) all the time who appeal for help.  Even people who qualified for things I tried to get but didn't.  I always wish everyone luck and congratulate the winner.  I've won plenty of things, and don't hate on anyone for trying to win things for themselves.  

With all this soliciting votes and hashtagging and wishing and congratulating, I can see why you're far too busy to participate unless you want something.

I hope this gif is tired enough for you:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8c14091aef51da41b2a0d2a5f1cc7cc9/tumblr_n80bakoGgp1tw5bhko1_250.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards