Nevada-Las Vegas

Missed our flight and ended up on the news!

I still need to write reviews on my crazy wedding day, but first ... I was supposed to fly out yesterday but got stuck in a huuuuge Southwest debacle. I waited for over 6 hours, missed my flight and I made the news (this was before I knew I was going to miss my flight).

You can watch the clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pj90LZGLlY

I thought you all might want to see a fellow crazy Knottie in wedding Minnie ears ;)

Re: Missed our flight and ended up on the news!

• Uh oh, hope all is fine now, our internal UK flight to London was cancelled the day before we were due to fly out and we freaked out!! But it was all fine in the end, good luck!
    xx
  • Just realised that you were delayed on the way back home, not as bad, ;) but that queue looks horrendous!!
  • We actually were delayed BOTH times. We got delayed 2 hours in the early morning so we got into Vegas late. That seemed bad... until we got to the airport on our return flight and got delayed EVEN MORE.

What ended up happening with your flight?
  • Our flight was with BA so they bumped us on to the next one which still gave enough time to connect in Heathrow, time for a quick glass of champagne and that was about it! It was pretty stressful the night before we left as we were worried that the next flight would also be cancelled and we wouldn't get the Vegas one, but it was all ok in the end, one of those things that were horrendous at the time but made for memorable experience, also our hotel (cosmo) was on fire when we arrived which was another eventful thing!!

• Wow that's crazy! Glad you made it home safely.
  • Hope they gave you some money back!  We were delayed 80 minutes a few weeks ago on the last flight of the day and SWA gave me $200 per ticket as an apology; I was like bonus!!! since I didn't even pay for the tickets to begin with lol, they were booked on points.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• @vegasgroom - what about the overnight expenses you incurred for missing the last flight of the day? 

We had to pay the hotel on our own dime because they couldn't give us vouchers because the system was down. And now customer service doesn't want to reimburse us.
  • Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you! They should absolutely reimburse you for the hotel if they would have issued vouchers in the first place.
  • adverb said:
    @vegasgroom - what about the overnight expenses you incurred for missing the last flight of the day? 

We had to pay the hotel on our own dime because they couldn't give us vouchers because the system was down. And now customer service doesn't want to reimburse us.
    Ours was just an 80 minute delay so we still made it out, but if you were forced to miss your flight because of their mistake, and they couldn't rebook you on a different flight that day, I've never heard of a US airline not providing lodging in that case.  They're not required to by law, but most do it regardless.  Wish we had the EU's regulations on this issue, it would improve our airlines.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I wrote a letter to the CEO and they STILL just wanna give us vouchers but not reimburse us. Still annoyed but trying to see if I can go thru my credit card company.

Since this was booked on points I might be SOL :(
  • adverb said:

I wrote a letter to the CEO and they STILL just wanna give us vouchers but not reimburse us. Still annoyed but trying to see if I can go thru my credit card company.

Since this was booked on points I might be SOL :(
    That's not cool. Hopefully your credit card company will be able to do something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards