New Jersey

Cheapest Videographer?

Hi! My fiance and I do want a video of at least our ceremony, first dance, and toasts, but are already struggling to keep things near our budget. Does anyone know of a super cheap videographer - even just a student who could come for a few hours? It doesn't need to be anything fancy - we just want a recording of the event. The cheapest I've found is for a professional group is $1000 (Martins video), but we would love to spend less than that. 

We're not really comfortable just setting up a tripod or asking a guest to record - seems like it might get in the way and also that's pushy/kinda rude. And we do want more than just random iphone video.

Thanks!

Re: Cheapest Videographer?

• To find a student, I would recommend checking local universities for people who might want to add things to their portfolios.  
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Make sure if you use a student the person has wedding experience.  A cousin of mine used a student.  They were in the way of the photographer, missed stuff, the video is shaky, can't hear the ceremony, and the reception is so dark you can't make out what is going on. It was clear the person just didn't know where to be or what to do.  Cheapest company out there is The Wedding Bug. Not who we are using, but the cheapest we found.
  • nerdwife said:
    Hi! My fiance and I do want a video of at least our ceremony, first dance, and toasts, but are already struggling to keep things near our budget. Does anyone know of a super cheap videographer - even just a student who could come for a few hours? It doesn't need to be anything fancy - we just want a recording of the event. The cheapest I've found is for a professional group is $1000 (Martins video), but we would love to spend less than that. 

We're not really comfortable just setting up a tripod or asking a guest to record - seems like it might get in the way and also that's pushy/kinda rude. And we do want more than just random iphone video.

Thanks!

CRAIGLIST! :)
  • I wouldn't think of it as the cheapest. Because you get what you pay for. Marin's video is insane. I saw them at a few weddings before get in the way of the photographer, they had huge lights on top of these tiny little video cameras that stayed on the entire time and blinded people... just be careful. I saw one bride I knew had her cousin who was in college attach gopro's to things... that was kind of cool, and didn't get in the way... 
  • edited January 2016
    Video is not that important to me either so we're probably going to do a raw footage package.  Colorblind Productions offers one that includes HD video and audio correction for $600.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards