Wedding Reception Forum

Timeline

So our ceremony and reception are in the same location. It takes 5-10 minutes to flip the venue (tables set up they just have To move chairs) we are doing pictures all before the ceremony so we plan on enjoying cocktail hour with our guests. Passed apps and drinks. Currently our plan is this 3:15 wedding starts 4:00 cocktail hour begins (roughly) 5:00 couple intro and first dance (since we are not doing grand entrance) Dinner served immediately after first dance. After dinner cake cutting (we are doing cupcakes but a cake ontop for us to cut) Then dancing till 8 with mother son and father daughter dance thrown in. Is it weird to have first dance then dinner? Thanks

Re: Timeline

• So our ceremony and reception are in the same location. It takes 5-10 minutes to flip the venue (tables set up they just have To move chairs) we are doing pictures all before the ceremony so we plan on enjoying cocktail hour with our guests. Passed apps and drinks. Currently our plan is this 3:15 wedding starts 4:00 cocktail hour begins (roughly) 5:00 couple intro and first dance (since we are not doing grand entrance) Dinner served immediately after first dance. After dinner cake cutting (we are doing cupcakes but a cake ontop for us to cut) Then dancing till 8 with mother son and father daughter dance thrown in. Is it weird to have first dance then dinner? Thanks
    Nope. Not weird at all. Sounds great. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We had the first dance before dinner.    Our guests love to dance and were then able to dance between courses.     

*** in my family the first dance means the dance floor is open.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Sounds awesome to me.  A couple of my DDs did that too.
  • Awesome. I'm just very use to the Catholic gap and lots of wait. Dinner then dance so I'm doing something different than anyone else in the family
  • I posted the original post. Obviously I have another account looks like I have another account log into my iPad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards