Wedding Reception Forum

Caterer count help

I have 70 confirmed either verbally or they sent back RSVPs plus 10 vendors. There are still about 6 I don't know yet. Should I say 85 to be safe or just the 80? Opinions please
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Caterer count help

• Call the 6 you don't know about yet and ask them. I am assuming it is past the time your RSVP's are due. All you have to say is that you haven't received their response and need a count for the caterer. Don't sound accusatory or anything. Sometimes things get lost in the mail - that's what happened with us for a couple of invites.
  • Call the 6 you don't know about yet and ask them. I am assuming it is past the time your RSVP's are due. All you have to say is that you haven't received their response and need a count for the caterer. Don't sound accusatory or anything. Sometimes things get lost in the mail - that's what happened with us for a couple of invites.
    This.  And if they don't answer the phone or can't give you answer right then and there tell them that you need to know by X day and if you don't hear from them by then, then you will be marking them down as a no.

• I was asking should I give an exact number to the caterer or add a few extras.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Denise40 said:
    I was asking should I give an exact number to the caterer or add a few extras.
    Why would you unnecessarily pay for more meals?  Give an exact count.  Most caterers already have a few extra entrees available to cover their own errors or missteps when cooking.

Have you spoken to your unknown RSVP guests?  The problem is theirs if they do not respond.  They should not expect a meal if they never responded.  PP's suggest the call and the statement, "We will mark you as non-attending if we do not hear from you", because it is made clear to that guest that no meal will be available for them, nor should it.  This is why you should not worry about adding a few extra meals at a cost to you.
  • MobKaz said:
    Denise40 said:
    I was asking should I give an exact number to the caterer or add a few extras.
    Why would you unnecessarily pay for more meals?  Give an exact count.  Most caterers already have a few extra entrees available to cover their own errors or missteps when cooking.

Have you spoken to your unknown RSVP guests?  The problem is theirs if they do not respond.  They should not expect a meal if they never responded.  PP's suggest the call and the statement, "We will mark you as non-attending if we do not hear from you", because it is made clear to that guest that no meal will be available for them, nor should it.  This is why you should not worry about adding a few extra meals at a cost to you.

Thanks for your reply. That's what I wanted to know. I will call them on Wednesday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My caterer budgets in for 10% more guests. I go over and I love pay more. Should say in your contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards