Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette party question

My amazing MOH, with the help of a couple of my BM's planned an amazing weekend in Vegas for my bachelorette party this coming January.  I'm so incredibly excited and feel bad that they put out a lot of money to do so. It was actually a few of the girls' ideas, so this trip was totally voluntary. I would never expect everyone go.  It's very costly and two of my BM's are moms and I understand it's hard to go away for a weekend.  The two BM's who won't be attending have mentioned that they would like to do something another night in our home town for a bachelorette outing.  My question is would it be rude to ask the rest of my BP if they want to celebrate a second bachelorette night out?  Of course I wouldn't expect them too, but I don't know if it would rude not to invite them. It's sort of a weird request, but I understand that everyone has a different budget and I want to accommodate all of them.

Re: Bachelorette party question

• One of my friend's did this...her bachelorette was in Vegas, and many of us (not BP, just close friends) could not attend due to finances, so her BMs also planned something more local for everyone to come to. All her BMs came to both.

However, you shouldn't plan your own party. As PP has said, if you want to plan a girls night out that's fine but a bachelorette should be planned by others, and they can figure out the guest list with your input.

• I would say maybe just don't call the 2nd outing a "bachelorette party", but rather just maybe a "girls' evening" or something. Everybody can be invited, but if the other BMs aren't able to make it, they won't feel pressured to go to a 2nd bachelorette party. You can at least find a chance to celebrate with the BMs unable to make it to Vegas, but nobody will feel obligated. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards