Not Engaged Yet

Back to the Future Wednesday!

Re: Back to the Future Wednesday!

• @untouchablets - Thank you!  :)

@speakeasy14 - Happy birthday!
  • Morning ladies!

Last night was just .... urg. I was in an awful mood. Matt was home sick, so did nothing. My bus was late, and then I got off at a stop early. At least it wasn't too cold out and leaves smell great.
    Got home, cleaned up, started dinner (mayo and parmesan crusted baked chicken), threw laundry in, did some homework and set up an order from the party I hosted on Saturday.

This morning I recheck my order I made and need to call head office to get it fixed.
    Opted to buy myself Starbucks this morning. They didn't have my usual blueberry bar *sigh* but got a breakfast sandwich instead.
    Has anyone tried the new Toasted Graham Latte? New fall fave!

If you could travel to the past, what year would you travel to?
    Honestly. I'd love to be there for when my parents met or their wedding day.

What is your favourite historical place?
    I don't really have one but recently it's been interesting watching history unfold on certain things. I live in Ottawa and between them digging down for the LRT in downtown core, and random historical things happening around the city, it's kinda neat.

If you could travel 30 years into the future, what do you hope you'll see?
    Myself. I just want to know how things turned out. Are things with Matt good? Did we have a kid? What about my friends? Does my nana become the oldest woman ever? lol
  • @minskat30 - Let us know when you hear back! 

@untouchablets - Amen to that! I will be horrified if any of the Republican nominees win the election.

@speakeasy14 - HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS!

• Forgot the questions....

If you could travel to the past, what year would you travel to? In my lifetime, I would travel back to high school and probably tell myself to tough it out in my science classes and go the doctor career route.  I love being a lawyer but I'm pretty sure I would have made a great doctor.  Little late to go back to school now though.  Not in my lifetime, I'd go back to Elizabethan times.  I'm fascinated with that era.    
     What is your favorite historical place? The pyramids in Egypt.  Absolutely breathtaking. 
    If you could travel 30 years into the future what do you hope you'll see? My family happy and prospering.  
  • QueenOfGlitzQueenOfGlitz member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

@speakeasy14 -

Happy Birthday!!

Crazy Fur-Mom to 1.
    "She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."

• @speakeasy14, @cocobellaf and @twodimes okay so what the heck do I write? My first instinct is to thank the company for everything and all that cheesy stuff but I don't want to seem unprofessional. I also don't want to make it too short and to the point, like "This is my two weeks notice and my last day will be November X, 2015" you know?
  • @swazzle yes I can see how that would be taken as strong, professional, and without a hint bitterness :P
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @untouchablets - For resignation letters, I do usually do something in writing (an email is sufficient).  I would talk to your boss and have the conversation in person before hand though even though its hard.  Follow up with an email to your boss and HR if necessary with a "Dear Boss, Further to our discussion today, my last day at Y company will be X.  Thank you again for the opportunity to work at Y. My new contact information at Z company will be [     ] should you need to forward any mail or correspondence.  Sincerely, @untouchablets"

ETA- I would leave contact information for HR so you get your W2 and any back pay.  
  • @swazzle already did! Also had french toast, eggs, and bacon for breakfast. 

@untouchablets something like this
    Manager Name
    Manager Title
    Retailer Name

Dear Manager Name:

I would like to inform you that I am resigning from my position of retail representative for [Retailer Name], effective [date].

Thank you for the opportunities for professional and personal development that you have provided me during the last X years. I have enjoyed working for [Retail Name] and appreciate the support provided me during my tenure.

If I can be of any help during this transition, please let me know.

Yours respectfully,

Your signature
    Your typed name
  • Thanks guys! This is stressful, I know as Monday gets closer my anxiety is going to be through the roof. I might cry. As much as I hate the place I do love my boss (very very much!) and I don't want to hurt her even though it's strictly business and has nothing to do with her.
  • wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

Last night I was oddly productive when I got home, one of my strange traits when I'm getting better from an illness. I worked on making Halloween costumes (Spartan Cheerleaders from SNL)  and then started crocheting a huge chunky scarf. It's working up pretty fast and I'm excited for it.

Today has been mildly hectic. Work, as usual, but I have an added layer from where I entered an online contest a while back and actually made it to the final round. Final round began today, and in order for me to have a chance to win I have to self promote, which makes me feel icky. I'd much prefer others do the promoting for me, haha!

Edit: (For those wondering, the contest was open to amputees to share a photo and their story about "reclaiming life." It's been one of those "most votes wins!" things, with daily votes, which are FILLED with issues, but somehow I managed to get enough votes to continue. Currently getting clobbered though, and it runs through next Wednesday. If you want to vote here, I'm the girl sitting on a cliff with a bridge behind me.)

Today I have some catching up to do for work, now that my head isn't as congested and I can THINK! Time to get my math on!

On the time travel thing... can I just be a companion to the Doctor? :)image

• @untouchablets - I'm with the others. I can go to bed at 2 am on a weekend, and my dog still has me up by 7:30 at the latest. So I don't feel too terrible for you, haha.

@swazzle - You may be one giant fuck up, but I still love you. :)

@minskat30 - I'm so anxious to hear about Rajah! Sending so much love to you guys today, no matter the outcome.

@speakeasy14 -

Of course you'd go to a speakeasy! I wouldn't expect any other answer from you. Have you seen the movie Idlewild? I'd love to go to a speakeasy like that........... Even if I am white.

@MissKittyDanger - I like the toasted graham latte. It was nice! I'll stick with pumpkin spice, most likely. Also, the answer about your parents wedding is so sweet! Just be careful. Your dad could fall in love with you instead! (Back to the Future day, and all)

@wink0erin - Congrats on making it to the final round! Good luck!

------------------------------------

We watched Interstellar last night. Someone should have warned me that it was gonna have all this crazy theoretical relativity and space-time stuff. That shit makes my brain hurt. I was not prepared for all that thinking!

If you could travel to the past, what year would you travel to? I'm not sure which year specifically, but I REALLY wish I had been around for roller disco. Or even just disco. So the 70s.

What is your favorite historical place? My BF is playing a new video game he got where he's a roman fighting in the Coliseum. I am DYING to go to Rome now and see it for myself. It would have been amazing to go to an actual event there.

If you could travel 30 years into the future what do you hope you'll see? Some form of cancer prevention! My house value quadrupled! My boobs aren't saggy!

• @wink0erin - Good luck! I voted for you! 

@AlPacina - I watched that movie on the way back from SA and was so confused and creeped out. It was not what I expected at all. 

• @AlPacina 1st of all, high-five on mutual Marilyn postings ;)
    2nd - i was never a pumpkin spice fan. I enjoy the pie spice, but the drinks lack pumpkin. My typical drink is a skinny vanilla latte with cinnamon sprinkled on top {or creme brulee latte at xmas time ;)!}
    3rd - this is true and I thought of that, but I wanna be just a fly on the wall. They met in a bar, so maybe at another table or hidden in the back of the "church" during the wedding. And Marty made things work out in the end, I'm sure I could if that happened! ;)
  • @AlPacina sorrynotsorry for all the winky faces lol
  • @alpacina I haven't seen that movie but just looked it up. OMG that looks like so much fun! I really want to throw my own. Password access and everything. 
  • @AlPacina and @swazzle Thanks! It's much appreciated.

• QueenOfGlitzQueenOfGlitz member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

I'm REALLLLY hating the person who made popcorn in the office an hour before lunch.

Crazy Fur-Mom to 1.
    "She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."

• @wink0erin I tried the salted caramel hot chocolate and mocha and felt the same! Too heavy. You described TGL perfectly ... light :)
  • Sidenote, President Obama is coming to my town today to speak about drug abuse (mainly heroin, it's been a increasingly huge problem here). His motorcade will pass within a block of my workplace and I totally want to skip out and go watch, but I'm afraid the Secret Service will take me down.

• @wink0erin while I don't think my boss would ever try to sabotage my career, I am just going to give her my new job description since she knows I've been working really hard on getting where I am. She also knows I have no future with this company so it shouldn't be an issue since my goal all along has been to progress. Not sit in the same position for nearly four years kissing ass in hopes of a promotion that I'll never get.
  • @wink0erin hopefully this doesn't happen to you, but there was a thread on one of the other boards that the link was removed for TOS violations.  Just in case, I'm going to vote now. Good luck!
  • @wink0erin while I don't think my boss would ever try to sabotage my career, I am just going to give her my new job description since she knows I've been working really hard on getting where I am. She also knows I have no future with this company so it shouldn't be an issue since my goal all along has been to progress. Not sit in the same position for nearly four years kissing ass in hopes of a promotion that I'll never get.
    Good idea! I wouldn't think most sane people would try to sabotage, and I've told old employers where I was taking a new job at, but I usually don't say anything until they prod with excitement/happiness. LOOONG ago I had a retail job opportunity miraculously dissolve (was supposed to have an assisting management type position at a jewelry store) and in the back of my mind I suspect the biatch manager at the clothing store I quit called and said something or knew one of the people. She was INSANE. I only worked that clothing store job for a month and had to get the eff out, shortest time I had ever worked anywhere. Not the same, clearly, but it burned me into my professional career.

• @wink0erin hopefully this doesn't happen to you, but there was a thread on one of the other boards that the link was removed for TOS violations.  Just in case, I'm going to vote now. Good luck!
    Hopefully that's just to keep crazy randoms from running into boards and spamming links. I'd hope I've posted here enough over the years that it's acceptable :\

If not it's no biggie, I won't win anyway, haha!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards