New York-Long Island

Please help!! Bridal Reflections in Massapequa

Hi girls!So I have been going to a bunch of places to look for a nice selection of bridesmaid dresses. I am not a fan of David's bridal (most of their dresses are of taffetta) and a few other smaller stores. I really liked Bridal Reflections and I am going there with my bridesmaids next Saturday. I went through the dresses and chose 4 that they are going to try on. Any experiences that you may have had, would be greatly appreciated. From what I understand, they cap their alterations at $85 for bridesmaid dresses...Thanks for all your help!Cath

Re: Please help!! Bridal Reflections in Massapequa

• edited December 2011
    my bridemaids alterations cap out at 60... i got their dresses at Lilettes in Baldwin.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a TERRIBLE experience as a bridesmaid at Bridal Reflections, as did the rest of the bridal party.  The cap is flexible depending on what they feel like charging you that day, and when the dress comes in, they will find 100 ways to say "that wasn't included in the cap".  EVERY SINGLE girl in the bridal party had a problem with the store and their dress, down to the very day of the wedding.  Let's put it this way- thank god we had a travel sewing kit!Seams were coming apart, sizes were mixed up, wrong dresses were ordered, wrong COLORS were ordered, and 2 girls in the bridal party received a different dress from the rest of the party! Each time, they blamed us- we wore different shoes or bras last time, or we gained weight, or the bride never asked for that color, etc etc...the long and short of it- i would avoid it there!!
  • bonniebrettbonniebrett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to priscilla of boston in the city. my sales person was a NIGHTMARE!!! To the point that I spoke to the general manager of the northeast and wanted to cancel the order. But then the assistant manager and manager took over, and have been great to work with. Not sure about alterations. I think most of the girls will take them somewhere else. I also went to here comes the bridesmaid in the city. It's kind of a circus there, but they have so many dresses to try on. Also liked the Wedding Library for their Amsale dresses, but those were really pricy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards