Chit Chat

Happy Friday/ tell me about yourself

Happy Friday Knotties! Entering my last weekend as a bachelorette and looking forward to running around with FI to get last minute things done before our wedding next week. :) Looking for a distraction from wedding stuff today as that it's the only thing that occupies my mind as of late. And since we have some new knotties:

Favorite holiday?  Thanksgiving! Food and drinks all day, hanging out with people you love, and then when it's all over, it's basically Christmas

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Tan riding boots that need help

Favorite TV show of all-time? Friends

Worst fear: spiders

Last time you had sex? Yesterday morning

Favorite emoji: the little smiling face with rosy cheeks

Best book you ever read: the Harry Potter series

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Baking and cooking all day in a big kitchen like the Pioneer Woman

What are you having for dinner tonight? Steak and wine with FI
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Happy Friday/ tell me about yourself

• Enjoy the weekend! I hope everything goes smoothly for your wedding!

Favorite holiday?  Christmas, I love seeing all of the family and the decorating and just the giving spirit all around.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Tennis shoes.

Favorite TV show of all-time? Law and Order: SVU

Worst fear: Snakes

Last time you had sex? Wednesday night.

Favorite emoji: I use the "thumbs up" the most. I rarely emoji.

Best book you ever read: My Sister's Keeper

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? My realistic dream job is being a director in a Parks and Rec Dept. My dream job that would never happen would be something that they pay me to travel and eat food and drink wine.

What are you having for dinner tonight? Wings and beer with DH and SIL and BIL.

• Favorite holiday?  Christmas

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Roxy slip on shoes

Favorite TV show of all-time? Saved by the bell.  best show ever!

Worst fear: losing loved ones/close friend

Last time you had sex? last week

Favorite emoji: the one sticking out its tongue

Best book you ever read: Devil in the White City ? Not sure but I remember I couldn't put the book down so seems like a good choice

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? something sports related

What are you having for dinner tonight? not sure, we have pork chops that really need to be grilled so maybe that
  • I'm not new, but I like doing these :) and don't worry, peachy!!! I promise you will feel so much better as soon as the wedding is over, and you do get your brain back. I was a zombie the week before the wedding!

Favorite holiday?
      I like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just basically love having excuses to decorate and have parties and make food.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Brown fringe sandals because apparently Tennessee decided it needed to be summer again.

Favorite TV show of all-time? It's a tie between Parenthood and Nashville. My mom and I even named our dogs Rayna and Deacon after the 2 main characters of Nashville.

Worst fear: HEIGHTS. can't deal.

Last time you had sex? Last night.

Favorite emoji: the new eye rolling emoji. I have been dreaming of this day for years.

Best book you ever read: To be honest, I am not a big reader. It's pretty sad. I really liked the Hunger Games series. And I enjoy reading Douglas Coupland books. I think "Hey Nostradamus!" is my favorite of his.

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Getting paid to travel the world and review restaurants/hotels

What are you having for dinner tonight? I have no idea yet! Probably leftover enchiladas from dinner last night

• If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Getting paid to travel the world and review restaurants/hotels

Oh yea that sounds like a great job!
  • Favorite holiday?  I'm torn between Thanksgiving and Christmas

What kind of shoes are you wearing? None!

Favorite TV show of all-time? Friends

Worst fear: Clowns

Last time you had sex? Wednesday night

Favorite emoji: The one laughing with tears

Best book you ever read: The Traitor's Wife

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I'd love to be able to play soccer professionally. I always wanted to be a paramedic though

What are you having for dinner tonight? Broccoli, chicken, cheese and rice casserole

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Favorite holiday?  I'm not really big on holidays.  I like Christmas lights, but I hate the cold, so I can't say I wait all year for it or anything.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Ugg type slippers

Favorite TV show of all-time? 19 Kids and Counting probably

Worst fear: Losing people/dogs I love

Last time you had sex? Last night

Favorite emoji: The party ones, but I usually end up using the angry face

Best book you ever read: I really liked Loving Frank - not sure if best ever though.

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Lady of Leisure.  I'd rather do what I want, when I want.

What are you having for dinner tonight? Stir Fry-day!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yay!  Happy last week as a single gal:).  Have fun at your party this weekend.

Favorite holiday?  Easter, I'm no longer Christian but when I was I always loved the sense of a new beginning that comes with it.  Spring is coming, the weather is warming up, flowers are blooming...

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Black knee high heeled boots by Fergie that are SO comfortable!

Favorite TV show of all-time? West Wing

Worst fear: Death

Last time you had sex? Tuesday Night (so excited for FI to not coach for a few months!!)

Favorite emoji: I just got an iPhone so I've been a bitmoji-er because the Galaxy was not on par and they came out with a Happy Caturday bitmoji today that is hilarious!

Best book you ever read: Sisters Keeper

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Running my own non-profit

What are you having for dinner tonight? No idea, but I'm having a girls night with my BFF who is a foodie so it'll be delish!
  • Favorite holiday?  Christmas

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Black wedge booties

Favorite TV show of all-time? Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Worst fear: spiders

Last time you had sex? Saturday

Favorite emoji: the new burrito

Best book you ever read: sooo hard....The Passage by Justin Cronin, The Bone Season series by Samantha Shannon, and Harry Potter 

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Realistically, creative writing professor. Real dream job, getting paid to do nothing (aka to do whatever I wanted, eat, sleep in, go to restaurants, travel...basically be jobless but still have money).

What are you having for dinner tonight? Meeting up with an old high school friend for Greek at Michael Psilakis' new place on the UWS. So excited!
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    Favorite holiday?  Christmas, no question

What kind of shoes are you wearing? AGL flats

Favorite TV show of all-time? too many to choose. Veep, Shameless, the good wife, rescue me,

Worst fear: knives

Last time you had sex? Wednesday night

Favorite emoji: poop or clapping

Best book you ever read: East of Eden

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Professional napper, or an athletic trainer. I was one in college and didn't think I could make enough money.

What are you having for dinner tonight? Capital Grille, celebration with my family.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • peachy13 said:
    Happy Friday Knotties! Entering my last weekend as a bachelorette and looking forward to running around with FI to get last minute things done before our wedding next week. :) Looking for a distraction from wedding stuff today as that it's the only thing that occupies my mind as of late. And since we have some new knotties:

Favorite holiday?  Halloween followed by Thanksgiving.  Due to Christmas creep and family drama, I'm usually utterly sick of Christmas well before December 25th.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Tennis shoes. . . I'm standing a lot in the lab today.

Favorite TV show of all-time? Tough one!  I love the Good Wife because of Eli, but Boston Legal was fantastic as well.  Star Trek: Next Generation has a soft spot in my heart because I'd watch it with my parents before dinner as a child.

Worst fear: Spiders and death, lol.

Last time you had sex? I invoke my 5th amendment rights.

Favorite emoji: Poop!!!

Best book you ever read: The Last Unicorn.

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Being Martha Stewart- I love to craft, make things, and I'm getting into baking.

What are you having for dinner tonight? Ugh, no idea yet!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• emmaaa said:

YAAAS, girl!  Huge fan, too!  I miss Stabler :*(

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• emmaaa said:

YAAAS, girl!  Huge fan, too!  I miss Stabler :*(
    Yes, I loved Stabler. Then Nick finally grew on me and now he's gone too :(

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    Favorite holiday?  It is a tie between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Tan ballet flats

Favorite TV show of all-time? This one is hard...probably The Wonder Years followed very closely by Friends.

Worst fear: Death, mainly that of a loved one.  Or falling from a great height.

Last time you had sex? It's a secret ;)

Favorite emoji: any of the food ones, primarily the doughnut, pizza, and beer emojis.

Best book you ever read: Harry Potter series

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Does not having a job count?

What are you having for dinner tonight? No clue.

• Favorite holiday?  Christmas! Thanksgiving is a pretty close second.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Black leather pumps

Favorite TV show of all-time? It's a tie between How I Met Your Mother and Parenthood.

Worst fear: Heights, bridges and spiders

Favorite emoji: the unicorn emoji!

Best book you ever read: Oh this is hard. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is fantastic but I feel like I'm forgetting about one that's even better.

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Stay at home dog mom

What are you having for dinner tonight? No clue. All of our meat is in the freezer, we have no veggies or sides, and I honestly don't feel like cooking. It'll probably be takeout from Wegmans.
  • Favorite holiday?  Pretty much any one that I'm off work. Lol. I guess Christmas, if I had to pick.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Black ballet flats from Payless

Favorite TV show of all-time? SVU

Worst fear: Death (sorry, that's super morbid. lol)

Last time you had sex? Wedesday morning

Favorite emoji: Unicorn! The new emojis are amazing

Best book you ever read: Ohhh this is a really tough one. Maybe I'm just saying this because it was so recent, but I absolutely love The Last Policeman series. I also really loved The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Cuddling puppies all day and making a million dollars doing it

What are you having for dinner tonight? No idea. Probably Parmesan crusted tilapia with sauteed green beans, because I know we have all of those things and idk if I'll feel like grocery shopping after work. Lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Favorite holiday?  Pretty much any one that I'm off work. Lol. I guess Christmas, if I had to pick.

Best book you ever read: Ohhh this is a really tough one. Maybe I'm just saying this because it was so recent, but I absolutely love The Last Policeman series. I also really loved The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Cuddling puppies all day and making a million dollars doing it

What are you having for dinner tonight? No idea. Probably Parmesan crusted tilapia with sauteed green beans, because I know we have all of those things and idk if I'll feel like grocery shopping after work. Lol
    That tilapia sounds amazing!

• emmaaa said:
    Favorite holiday?  Pretty much any one that I'm off work. Lol. I guess Christmas, if I had to pick.

Right?!?!  That's what I was thinking too!
  • emmaaa said:
    Favorite holiday?  Pretty much any one that I'm off work. Lol. I guess Christmas, if I had to pick.

Right?!?!  That's what I was thinking too!

I wish I could take credit... it's pre-prepared in the frozen aisle at Target: http://seacuisine.com/products/parmesan-crusted-tilapia-2/ 

It's super delicious and really easy though. It's one of our go-to quick and easy dinners. I really need to get back on the Home Chef bandwagon though. We paused it because we had a wedding and a long weekend trip back-to-back.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Is there anyway we can get the new emoji's for Android?

• Favorite holiday?  Christmas Eve.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? TOMS

Favorite TV show of all-time? Either Charmed or Orphan Black (so far. There's still time to ruin it) I also love SYTTD: Atlanta.

Worst fear: Falling in an elevator. 

Last time you had sex? Last night.

Favorite emoji: The new eye-roll one. I use it very liberally. 

Best book you ever read: That's not fair. Really.

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Professional organizer. 

What are you having for dinner tonight? It's been raining nonstop so something soupy. I think FI is making chili.
  • Is there anyway we can get the new emoji's for Android?

Exactly, our emojis suck!

I can't even put any on facebook...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    Favorite holiday?  Halloween.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Tan Uggs with heels that I got in Australia.

Favorite TV show of all-time? Friends.

Worst fear: Death

Last time you had sex? Last night

Favorite emoji: The emoji with the side eyes and naughty smile.

Best book you ever read: Hmm. I loved Jane Eyre. My Sister's Keeper. Rosemary's Baby. A bunch of others. I can't just pick one.

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Stay at home cat mom. Or like someone said above, world traveler and food and wine eater/drinker.

What are you having for dinner tonight? I have some meat marinating. But I don't feel like cooking. Maybe takeout.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I can't copy and paste well from my phone, so no fancy bold questions from me.

Holiday - does my birthday count? I shamelessly love my birthday.

Shoes - also wearing the black ballet flats from Payless (best flats ever)

Show - Seinfeld. I love a lot of sitcoms (Friends, Sex and the City, It's always sunny), but Seinfeld never gets old.

Fear - Hmm, not being able to have children. I've always wanted to be a mother. Now we're dealing with some very real genetic stuff, and I'm terrified of this fear coming true.

Sex - Sunday afternoon.

Emoji - I use the raised hands one the most, but I'm loving the new ones.

Dinner - not sure yet, we'll eat out. I'm in the mood for something lighter though.
  • Forgot the job! I agree that being a food blogger would be amazing. Or some type or fitness instructor. I would love to be paid to work out.
  • Favorite holiday?  Either Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Basically any holiday that ends up centered around family & food.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? New Balance sneakers

Favorite TV show of all-time? That's a tough one.  I never get sick of Friends reruns.  Or HIMYM.

Worst fear: Probably death by fire... the idea of burning is just terrifying

Last time you had sex? Last weekend

Favorite emoji: DH and I send kissing face emoji's nearly daily, so that's definitely my most used emoji.  But, I do really like the new eye rolling one.  I'm anxious for DH to update his phone, so they will show up for him, because he gets super annoyed if I roll my eyes at him... so now I can do it in emoji, too!

Best book you ever read: So many good books. But, the only books I've re-read multiple times were Harry Potter & Twilight series, so I may have to choose those.  But, I get most excited when new books are released by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child (co-written)... I love their stuff.

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I would love to be rich enough that I could just travel or stay home, and enjoy life.  If being rich & spoiled isn't an option, I'd go with Architect (which I already am... I love my job).

What are you having for dinner tonight? No idea.  I think I saw DH defrosting steaks, so I may be having steak tonight? Or, I told DH that if cleans the kitchen I'll make him his favorite chocolate cream pie (and pumpkin pie for me) tonight, so I may just be eating pie for dinner.

• Favorite holiday?  Halloween and Christmas

What kind of shoes are you wearing? Black suede high heeled knee high boots

Favorite TV show of all-time? Supernatural and Titus

Worst fear: Clowns

Last time you had sex? Wednesday night

Favorite emoji: Don't use emojis

Best book you ever read: Tough choice... I love Kay Hooper's Bishop/SCU books

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Animal rescue, save all the animals!

What are you having for dinner tonight? Buffalo cajun pasta alfredo... our usual Friday night
    Formerly known as bubbles053009

• luckya23 said:
    Is there anyway we can get the new emoji's for Android?

Exactly, our emojis suck!

I can't even put any on facebook...

I use Handcent, so I have access to all of the original emojis, but just not the new ones yet. . .

• Favorite holiday?  4th of July!  BBQ, beer, time on the lake, and fireworks.  Love it!

What kind of shoes are you wearing?    Black wedges

Favorite TV show of all-time? Friends

Worst fear: people will realize I can't sing.

Favorite emoji: thumbs up

Best book you ever read: the Harry Potter series

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Singing and dancing!

What are you having for dinner tonight? Tex-Mex
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards