Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Would this be appropriate?

I'm having a December wedding and my Fi and I love the song Once Upon a December, but never thought it would be appropriate for a wedding, but I'm reading that some couples are choosing it for their first dance. It's a beautiful song to waltz to. I just worry that it isn't appropriate. Any opinions?

Re: Would this be appropriate?

• Options

Such a beautiful song! Could you do it without the lyrics? I agree they aren't very wedding-ish, but it is a lovely song and I think would be a good dance song if it was just instrumental?

• Options
    Ooohh, that's a good idea. I haven't even looked into an instrumental version. Thanks!
  • Options
    I think you should choose music that you love.  Don't worry about what other people think.  I would recommend, however, that you both practice dancing and do a nice routine to the music -- something sweet and romantic.  You may want to take a few dance lessons.  It will be great, don't worry!

• Options
    We do plan to take some dance lessons and learn a routine for it as neither of us are great dancers. The wedding is a year away so plenty of time.
  • Options
    I agree that you should choose whatever song you like, whether it's wedding-y or not. 

And I also agree that you can make almost anything "wedding appropriate" by choosing an instrumental version of it.  I walked down the aisle to a piano instrumental of "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica.  Not exactly an obvious processional choice, but the instrumental was beautiful and fit perfectly.  The lyrics are great for wedding sentiment also, but the rock version of the song just gave off the wrong feel. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards