Wedding Etiquette Forum

Save the Dates???

124»

Re: Save the Dates???

• Yes, lumberjack theme! Buffalo plaid, axes, crosscut saws, trees, logs, pine cones, lanterns, and pine scented candles! I even have a plaid shirt to wear over my dress!!!
    Is this lumberjack theme really a thing? Lumberjacks work in harsh conditions and isolation. That doesn't strike me as "wedding".
    Her name is U.P. Girl as in Upper Peninsula (Michigan).  She may be a troll, but lumberjack was the main profession in the UP for a while!  We should all throw profession themed weddings LOL.
    Is it bad that I'm from/in Michigan and totally missed that's where she got her username from?
    I did too but she posted in a local board that I had previously posted in and that's how I figured it out!  She's an oxymoron - a troll from the UP!
    This made me spit out my water. Hysterical.
  • Yes, lumberjack theme! Buffalo plaid, axes, crosscut saws, trees, logs, pine cones, lanterns, and pine scented candles! I even have a plaid shirt to wear over my dress!!!
    Is this lumberjack theme really a thing? Lumberjacks work in harsh conditions and isolation. That doesn't strike me as "wedding".
    Her name is U.P. Girl as in Upper Peninsula (Michigan).  She may be a troll, but lumberjack was the main profession in the UP for a while!  We should all throw profession themed weddings LOL.
    -------- Box ------------ In that case, I'm gonna marry an ob-gyn so I can have a vagina themed wedding.
    Only if you are a proctologist because then it could be a tits and ass themed wedding.

• I have no idea how to post a video via mobile, but someone help a sister out and post the Lumberjack Song from Monty Python.
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jacques27 said:
    There is nothing wrong with having a party to celebrate your marriage at a later date.  It is NOT your wedding reception.  No wedding dress, no wedding traditions.  It is a party for your friends and family.  It is not a part of your wedding in any way.  You get one day, and yours was the day you had your wedding ceremony and your wedding reception with your small number of guests.  It is OK to have food, drink, and dancing at your party, but you are not "the bride" and your FI is not "the groom".  No "first dance", but you can have a special dance.  Do not expect gifts.

It will be just like a wedding reception. I am the bride. I will be in my dress. My FI is the groom and will be in his suit. We will have a first dance and the rest of the wedding traditions (cake cutting, garter/bouquet toss, etc). I have absolutely no concern over guest attending. They same people will attend whether or not they got to go to the ceremony and they will bring gifts. I had a cousin do something similar a few years ago and had a full and amazing reception, no complaints. Some out of state family has already booked flights and hotels.

My family respects our decision for a small ceremony because they know that the location we have chosen is truly "us". The park we are having  our ceremony at is dedicated to forestry and logging, there is no better place for two foresters to get married. We like the chapel in the middle of the forest because wandering around the woods all day is where we feel happy and most at peace. The silence of the forest is our "church". Our lumberjack theme will be carried over into our reception and those we have shared that with love it and can't wait to come.

Our anniversary we will celebrate will be our reception date, not our ceremony date. We already have something to celebrate on our ceremony date, the first day of deer hunting season.

Other than being quite possibly the most absurd thing I have ever read in the history of words being strung together to form sentences, doesn't the date of deer hunting season change every year?  And vary by state? 

When insurance companies are asking for proof of marriage, are you gonna whip out your photos of your reception and give them that date since clearly the ceremony wasn't important enough to even be considered your "real" anniversary?

Also, f'ing hipsters ruining flannel.  Flannel is comfy.  Don't be a hipster douche and make it a theme.

I totally had a coworker go on the exact same rant at work this week, haha
  • jacques27 said:
    There is nothing wrong with having a party to celebrate your marriage at a later date.  It is NOT your wedding reception.  No wedding dress, no wedding traditions.  It is a party for your friends and family.  It is not a part of your wedding in any way.  You get one day, and yours was the day you had your wedding ceremony and your wedding reception with your small number of guests.  It is OK to have food, drink, and dancing at your party, but you are not "the bride" and your FI is not "the groom".  No "first dance", but you can have a special dance.  Do not expect gifts.

It will be just like a wedding reception. I am the bride. I will be in my dress. My FI is the groom and will be in his suit. We will have a first dance and the rest of the wedding traditions (cake cutting, garter/bouquet toss, etc). I have absolutely no concern over guest attending. They same people will attend whether or not they got to go to the ceremony and they will bring gifts. I had a cousin do something similar a few years ago and had a full and amazing reception, no complaints. Some out of state family has already booked flights and hotels.

My family respects our decision for a small ceremony because they know that the location we have chosen is truly "us". The park we are having  our ceremony at is dedicated to forestry and logging, there is no better place for two foresters to get married. We like the chapel in the middle of the forest because wandering around the woods all day is where we feel happy and most at peace. The silence of the forest is our "church". Our lumberjack theme will be carried over into our reception and those we have shared that with love it and can't wait to come.

Our anniversary we will celebrate will be our reception date, not our ceremony date. We already have something to celebrate on our ceremony date, the first day of deer hunting season.

Other than being quite possibly the most absurd thing I have ever read in the history of words being strung together to form sentences, doesn't the date of deer hunting season change every year?  And vary by state? 

When insurance companies are asking for proof of marriage, are you gonna whip out your photos of your reception and give them that date since clearly the ceremony wasn't important enough to even be considered your "real" anniversary?

Also, f'ing hipsters ruining flannel.  Flannel is comfy.  Don't be a hipster douche and make it a theme.

How about one step further for a Supernatural theme? MOH and I have been Winchesters for Halloween before...maybe we can skip the dresses and just make the whole BP a cast of hunters. If we're going to make receptions into pretty theatrical productions, might as well make them fun ones...
  • jacques27 said:

How about one step further for a Supernatural theme? MOH and I have been Winchesters for Halloween before...maybe we can skip the dresses and just make the whole BP a cast of hunters. If we're going to make receptions into pretty theatrical productions, might as well make them fun ones...
    One has to be Castiel though!
    Formerly known as bubbles053009

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015

jacques27 said:

There is nothing wrong with having a party to celebrate your marriage at
    a later date.  It is NOT your wedding reception.  No wedding dress, no
    wedding traditions.  It is a party for your friends and family.  It is
    not a part of your wedding in any way.  You get one day, and yours was
    the day you had your wedding ceremony and your wedding reception with
    your small number of guests.  It is OK to have food, drink, and dancing
    at your party, but you are not "the bride" and your FI is not "the
    groom".  No "first dance", but you can have a special dance.  Do not
    expect gifts.

Eta boxes ______

But then the entire wedding party and the guests would end up killed by monsters or possessed by demons, but hey, if you're into that kind of thing, to each their own I guess ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards