Knottie Tech Help

Bump tech help/feedback?

lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited October 2015 in Knottie Tech Help
Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I couldn't find a board like this over there.

Is there any way the Bump can disable the ever-present ad for their app? I logged in for the first time over there and even when I close the ad, it pops up again on the next thread I click on. I've closed it like ten times now. Super annoying because it takes up half the page!

Re: Bump tech help/feedback?

• Hi @lovesclimbing,

Thanks for asking about this! Right now, The Bump does not have a tech board like this one.

Are you referring to the pop-up that asks you to rate the app? If you tap on either option on that pop-up, you should no longer see it again.

Let me know if you have any other questions and thank you!
    KH
  • No, it's an ad asking me to install the app. It says "download the bump app. Get weekly updates on your pregnancy and newborn with the bump's free app" with an install button. It has a photo of a sitting pregnant woman and a shot of the app with "your baby is as big as a lemon."

It has an x in the upper right hand corner. I click it, it closes. However, I go to a new thread, it pops up again, I close it again and repeat.
  • KnotHollyKnotHolly admin
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2015
    Hi @lovesclimbing,

Gotcha! Thank you for that info. I just checked in with The Bump team about this and I have good news - by tomorrow evening, that full-screen pop-up will no longer show up. Instead, you may see a pop-up once that takes up half of your screen, but after clicking "x" once, you won't see it again. I'm so sorry for the frustrating pop-up until then.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all and thank you!
    KH

• Cool, thanks. I don't mind it once, or even once a day because I get that they need and want to promote their app, it just gets annoying when I have to close it again on every other new page I go to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards