Not Engaged Yet

Thirsty Thursday

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• @untouchablets: Thank you!

@cu97tiger: Two weeks! Woo! I'm impressed with all your racing. I don't want to run my first 5k back until I can consistently run them under 30 minutes. It's hard going backward from before I got sick - I used to do 5ks in 21 minutes! 

@minskat30: I'm glad to be back! I lurked a lot, but I wasn't able to log in and I didn't want to make a new account. I will definitely join in on the Monday fitness posts! I'll be sure to let people know if I start up my blog. I'm torn only because I feel like I'm not some elite athlete who is running marathons or whatever, and that's what most of the successful ones seem to be.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Love & Splits
    A blog about running and life with pituitary tumors
  • @helloliv NUDEZ. Ok, no... Actually it was just pics of me hiking/climbing. But where I have one leg (and mentioned it in the title of the post) It blew up. Posted before lunch, had a couple messages, came back from lunch to realize it went to the front page. Lots of people had good questions like what kind of leg I have or how I manage to climb with it. I just started getting into climbing a few months ago so I'm terrible at it and need practice but hopefully next year I can climb some of the cliffs near my home.

• @helloliv - Screw that!  You don't need to be a elite athlete for a fitness blog.  Some of the most inspirational fitness blogs I've read have been every day people just trying to find a balance to being healthy and having a full-time life outside of the gym.  Not that being an elite athlete is easy but if that is all you HAVE to do all day, it isn't as hard as balancing job(s) with fitness and life.  I've always told H that if we won the lottery I'd be a fitness nut but, until then, he gets the fitness version of me that works a full-time job and still cooks for his ass.  Smart man doesn't complain.  ;)
  • @wink0erin: That totally makes sense! I think it's awesome that you're able to climb and can see why it would be so interesting to people. It must be nice to get those emails (minus the skeevy ones from guys haha)!

Love & Splits
  • @minskat30: I know you're right. I could be doing so much more with fitness if I didn't have to work, too, so probably some of what would be good about a blog is showing how to fit things in and having that balance. I'm seriously considering it. :)

Love & Splits
  • @helloliv I'm so glad you're back!!!!!! I love those canisters!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @helloliv I love the canisters!!! Also, 100% agree with everything @minskat30 said about your blog. I think you should go for it!

• labro said:
    @helloliv I love the canisters!!! Also, 100% agree with everything @minskat30 said about your blog. I think you should go for it!
    I third this!
  • @helloliv - Those canisters are awesome! I agree with PPs. As a non-athlete, I'd rather read a blog written by someone like me rather than someone who's like a professional and all. It's so much easier to relate! 

• @helloliv yay Hi!!!! All TTC related, possibly related to high prolactin levels. 

Anniversary

• @swazzle um less talk, more kittens. Why is it not already on its way to you?!

• @jenna8984 - I'm afraid of getting in trouble. I mean, I've seen people bring their little froofroo dogs into the office for a few minutes so I don't see why I can't have a kitten. It's from 11-3 and the higher ups usually head out early in the afternoon so I might try to order a kitten around 2:30-2:45. 

• hellolivhelloliv member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @alpacina: That makes me sad, haha. I was formerly livleighton, until @goldenpenguin attached my full IRL name to it in a comment and the only way to stop it showing up in Google searches was to delete my full account! I've been here since around 2009, when I was living with a previous long-term boyfriend. I predate most of the people who are now on this board, and I used to be mod. 

I'm 31. I've been in a relationship for over a year, though there have been some challenges lately so we'll see what happens. I had brain surgery in April and am still recovering from that. I run a state program in animal welfare. I have a dog and a cat, and had a hedgehog until he passed in April. I have lots of tattoos. Hobbies include DIY, running, cooking, reading, writing, gardening/homesteading and homebrewing. I'm happy to answer any questions!

Love & Splits
  • @helloliv didn't know about the surgery, but glad you're doing well! I keep trying to find you on etsy cause I need heat pads!
  • @helloliv I kind of thought you were the person I was thinking about! I posted 2011-2012 pretty regularly and then took a hiatus, recently retuned. Welcome back! I hope recovery from the surgery is going well.

• @speakeasy14 - My shop isn't active right now since I can't handle the volume of orders during recovery. But if you let me know what you'd like I'm happy to work with you!

@wink0erin - I remember you :)

Love & Splits
  • Swazzle said:
    So today is National Cat Day and Uber will deliver a kitten to your office for $30 for 15 minutes of playtime/snugs. The cats are all up for adoption. 

I WANT TO DO IT SO BADLY. 

According to my Uber app, I could have a kitten delivered in 5 minutes. 

I want soooooooooooooooooo badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    DO IT!! You can also smush Angel :) I basically lie on him all the time He also lies behind me like a pillow and eats my hair but that's love
  • I'm busy at the office today but just wanted to say hello! I haven't been able to check out the thread from yesterday. Tomorrow is month end close so I have to get shit done. Although we're having a Halloween party right now.

@labro @jenna8984 I don't eat expensive beef - I'd rather eat steak tips than filet but I cringe when people order something over medium as well. My H is an offender :(  I like medium rare

@jenna8984 Not sure if my H is staying home from work on Sat now so if he is I don't think I'll make the GTG since I don't get to see him much :(

@helloliv glad you're doing well!

• @swazzle OMG I want to play with a kitten 

• @helloliv - I 32nd the idea of you having a fitness blog. You could always have 'guest bloggers' who can talk about challenges or successes that are different than your personal ones. (i.e. people with kids who have to 'fit in' runs, those who are super slow runners (like me) and the challenges/trials of that, etc).

I haven't run a sub-30 5k in probably 12 years. I'm so jealous of that speed. I don't know that I'll ever get down to regular sub 11's again, but I'm going to try!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Swazzle said:
    So today is National Cat Day and Uber will deliver a kitten to your office for $30 for 15 minutes of playtime/snugs. The cats are all up for adoption. 

I WANT TO DO IT SO BADLY. 

According to my Uber app, I could have a kitten delivered in 5 minutes. 

I want soooooooooooooooooo badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Ahh I would love that! The problem is any kitten I snuggled with would be coming home.

Anniversary

• @labro @jenna8984 I don't eat expensive beef - I'd rather eat steak tips than filet but I cringe when people order something over medium as well. My H is an offender :(  I like medium rare

Omg, you need to divorce him like right now. NOT OK! Just kidding....kind but not really but kind of. ;)

Your H needs to learn what he's missing out on!!!

• cu97tiger said:
    @helloliv - I 32nd the idea of you having a fitness blog. You could always have 'guest bloggers' who can talk about challenges or successes that are different than your personal ones. (i.e. people with kids who have to 'fit in' runs, those who are super slow runners (like me) and the challenges/trials of that, etc).

I haven't run a sub-30 5k in probably 12 years. I'm so jealous of that speed. I don't know that I'll ever get down to regular sub 11's again, but I'm going to try!

I love that idea! I think that I've been looking at this in the wrong way. The blogs I read are the ones that made me feel like I wasn't "good" enough to write a blog like this because they're all super fast and training for marathons and Iron Mans (what is the plural of Iron Man??), but that's exactly why there is probably a niche for that sort of blog. I'd like to be able to talk about the significant challenges of getting back into shape post-Cushing's and major surgery, too. I love the idea of contributors who can talk about other aspects of running that I can't. 

It's so funny to me that you're jealous of my 5k times -- I'm envious of your CF badassery and your ability to run long distances!! <3

Love & Splits
  • @helloliv - You and I sounds like incredibly similar people. Other than I've never actually had a pet hedgehog. I've just dreamed of one. My BF and I homebrew too! My dad just gave us an enormous bag full of fresh and frozen hops that he grew. We're getting really excited to do some dry hopping! Do you have any specialty recipes?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards