Nevada-Las Vegas

hotel reviews Planet Hollywood, Ballys and Paris

During our wedding week we had a 2 bedroom Panorama suite at Planet Hollywood. The view was amazing! We faced the Eiffel Tower and the Bellagio fountain show while the second room was facing McCarran airport, our kids loved watching the fountain and the planes taking off and landing! We paid an extra $500 a night to upgrade to the suite through the chapel so we could have our welcome party and cake and cocktails reception. With that being said there were a few downfalls. 2 of the 3 tv's were not working and after at least 3 attempts to have someone come up to fix them that went unnoticed, no one ever came to fix it, we gave up at least the tv in the second bedroom for the kids worked. The shade wouldn't go down in the main bedroom. A light and a chair was broken. The carpets looked clean but everyone, especially my kids ended up with super black feet and socks it was disgusting. We had to clean everything again in order to entertain. You could see where people had maybe sprayed champagne on the furniture and walls the was never properly cleaned up. The room had a set of double doors that lead to a small foyer with the door to the second bedroom and double doors into the main suite. The first set of doors didn't latch properly so it was unlocked and open the first few hours we arrived until my aunt just walked right in, as well as a hotel employee, no knock no announcement just a random guy bringing our chocolate covered strawberries. Also we had to roll up magazines to keep the doors during our party so we could hear when guests were knocking on the outside doors. While checking out we complained again about these issues and about getting no where from them. At first since we booked through the chapel they were not trying to do anything about it but ended up removing the resort fee and one room service bill it ended up being $200. Could've been worse but it could've been better too. We will not be back. We got an Indigo tower room at Ballys for my mom and kids the wedding night and the night after. Other than the bathroom wasn't clean, it was huuuuge and clean, easily accessible and they promptly came to reclaim the bathroom. We were pleasantly surprised and will definitely be back to Ballys. We spent our mini-moon at Paris, we got engaged there in 2013. We got an older style room that was amazing! It was clean and everything worked. We got a view of the tower, the cosmo side of the fountains and the pool. We spent a few hours at the pool it was amazing! Perfect temperature, plenty of chairs and towels, bar service was fabulous! We had the best time! Also eat at Martrianos! So so so good! I had the best martini and the food was absolutely amazing! If I had my choice I'd never stay anywhere else!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: hotel reviews Planet Hollywood, Ballys and Paris

• Ugh I don't know what happened to my paragraphs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In all honesty, I'm not surprised you had a not-so-great experience with Planet Hollywood. The regular rooms are great, but we had issues with a lack of response with maintenance there too (but they were still miles above the Rio. #&@* the Rio.)

It sounds like, despite your challenges, you had a great time! I didn't realize you'd get views of both from that suite, which is awesome. :)
  • When we stayed at Planet Hollywood in 2013, our toilet kept running we noticed on our way to dinner one night. We were running late so we didn't call but happened to run into a maintenance man heading to another room on our floor so my husband told him and when he asked what room and we showed him because we were right in front of it. The guy freaked out! He said we'd have to wait for shift change because there was no way he was going in our room again ever, something happened there and he wouldn't do it. So the rest of our stay I was freaked out and refused to be in the room alone! If my husband found out what the guy was talking about, he had enough brains to not tell me! I should've vowed to never stay again after that,but the chapel just worked for us and knew we'd have a good chance at a great suite with the perfect view we wanted! The photos attached are of our suite at Planet Hollywood view (day) and our regular room at Paris (night).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards