Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Website somewhere in invitations?

I've sent out the STDs already and it included our wedding website from here.  That was roughly 2 months ago.  I'm getting ready to print out my invitations, reception, accommodations, and response cards and before I hit print, I hesitated.  On the accommodations card we have it worded " Please mention the XXXX/XXXX wedding when making reservations or book via our website." There is little room to add the site again, and I didn't know if we should include the website as a reminder somewhere else on another card, or the invite itself?  I figured on the invite would be tacky.  I'm worried if guests may have lost the STD or misplaced it and don't have the website for info 6 weeks before the wedding.  Quite a few are OOT guests.  I know in that case, they'll just call the hotel, but as far as re-adding the website somewhere is what I'm wondering if it is okay.  Thanks in advance!  Y'all are great!

Re: Website somewhere in invitations?

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    It is OK to enclose a small, business size card.  We put "For more information, directions, accommodations, please visit our wedding website http://www.wedding website/our wedding.com."  Vistaprint does this very cheaply, or you can make your own.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I think we included our wedding website on the accommodations card rather than deal with adding yet another insert. Kind of like 
    "For more wedding details or to make a reservation online, please visit our website www.ourwedding.com".

• Options
    We're at 4 inserts now, and since I'm printing everything, and my store keeps running out of my card stock, I'd like one last thing to throw in there.  That is a really great idea though!  I would think people would know to mention our names to get the right price when they called.  I suppose I can nix that part then to make more room.
  • Options
    FOUR inserts?  Why?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Invite, reception, accommodations, and RSVP
  • Options
    We're at 4 inserts now, and since I'm printing everything, and my store keeps running out of my card stock, I'd like one last thing to throw in there.  That is a really great idea though!  I would think people would know to mention our names to get the right price when they called.  I suppose I can nix that part then to make more room.
    Don't be so sure about the bolded.  Sadly common sense is lacking in the world today.

Just add the website to the bottom of your accommodations card.  You don't even have to include anything like "for more information go to blah blah blah."  Just put www.weddingwebsite.com right at the bottom.

And your invite is not considered an insert, just FYI.

• Options
    Thank you everyone!  I just considered any piece of paper as an insert.  I stand corrected.  You are so right on common sense not being very common any more.  Appreciate all the input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards