Catholic Weddings
Options

NWR Is this customary

In our church (Lutheran) baptisms are held during the Sunday morning worship service. At my daughter's church (Catholic), they are done outside of the Mass. Is this customary or is this a parish to parish decision?

Re: NWR Is this customary

• Options
    In our church (Lutheran) baptisms are held during the Sunday morning worship service. At my daughter's church (Catholic), they are done outside of the Mass. Is this customary or is this a parish to parish decision?
    It can be a parish to parish decision.   In my own parish I've seen both but the bulletin states that they prefer to hold baptisms on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 12:30 PM which is after the last Mass.  

When we Baptized our son last year, he was one of 5 other babies that were receiving the Sacrament. 
  • Options
    Thanks, @banana468. Your children are adorable!
  • Options
    Parish to parish.  My Goddaughter was baptized at the conclusion of a Sunday Mass.  My nephew will be baptized during the 9:15 Mass.
  • Options
    I think I have mostly been to baptisms outside of Mass. For my daughter's we were given the choice but most of the time here it is afterwards. At my college parish they were always during Mass because we were on campus and shared the worship space.
  • Options
    They do both at my parish.  They do baptisms after mass on the first sunday of the month, and during mass on the third sunday of the month.  There's usually multiple babies at each.

SaveSave
  • Options
    I've seen it done all ways...  I've seen it done during mass, I've seen it done following mass... I've seen it done at it's own time that works out best for the family.  It's really on a parish by parish basis...  Personally my favorite is the "what works best for the family" time, but that doesn't always work out in today's society...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards