Wedding Woes

3 days to go...

3 DAYSSSS until we are married!!!

We woke up SO excited - as today I am going back to NY and it was the last time I will see FI before rehearsal .. Then FI went to work and called me with some news..

Sadly this morning, we got the news that FI's cousins and one of our groomsmen's (FI best friend/cousin) half brother passed away last night...

We are heartbroken, they are heartbroken, and as of right now I dont think any of them will be at the wedding including our groomsmen, understandably so. 

It hurts me that he wont be there, I do not feel right getting married without him. It just feels like a piece of who we are is missing. 

But - we have to do what we have to do - and he has to do what he has to do - 

and we have to make the most of it. Life isnt fair. 

Re: 3 days to go...

• oh no - I am so sorry for your/family's losses. what happened? was it a car accident?
  • I'm so sorry for your families loss.

And thank you, for your attitude.  It's refreshing.
  • *Barbie* said:
    oh no - I am so sorry for your/family's losses. what happened? was it a car accident?

Sadly, drug overdose. He has been in trouble for a while - he was older in his 40s, could never get straight. 

We are so heartbroken - they are such a fantastic family, who have had such HARDSHIPS in life, and always seem to make the best out of any situation given. So I am going to use their attitude - as of right now - we don't know if he defiantly will not be there, but I feel in my heart the best thing is for them to do what they have to do, and not worry about us as much as it hurts to not have him there. 

Such is life. Never fair. 
  • very sorry - misunderstood the OP and thought you were talking about 2 people. 
    it's awful what addiction can do to people and their families. 

• This is tragic and I'm so sorry.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards