Florida-West Coast

The Cake

Hello, Knotties!  I am getting married on November 5th next year and did our cake tasting last week at Carolyn's in St. Pete.  It was SOOOO delicious and reasonable!  However, we are also having desserts as part of the catering (We are using Puff n' Stuff), so we weren't planning on having a cake, but now I kind of want one!  For anyone who bucked tradition and went without the cake, did you regret it?  Were any of your guests disappointed?  Or was it as awesome and money saving as I am thinking?
"Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other." Rilke.

Re: The Cake

• I went to a wedding that had cupcakes on a tiered platter and it went great- I don't think anyone even noticed there wasn't a 'cake'
  • Some brides have chosen NOT to have the dessert that's included with the meal, and do a cake cutting/serving later.  And because SERVING SOME KIND OF DESSERT is already included in the meal cost, the venue's staff has to cut/serve the cake FOR NO EXTRA CHARGES. 

If you decide to NOT have the meal's dessert and substitute a cake INSTEAD, make sure you aren't charged for the dessert AND cutting/plating your cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards