Knottie Tech Help
Options

New Text Editor

KnotRileyKnotRiley admin
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited January 2016 in Knottie Tech Help
Hi all,

We have some very exciting news, our tech team heard you loud and clear about the annoying quote boxes, the obnoxious paragraphs and not being able to tag @Cookie Pusher .

You should all now see our updated text editors, which should combat all of the issues you've been complaining about (but if you're still seeing any of those issues let us know ASAP!). You can now bold and italicize on mobile, as well as upload pictures. You also have the ability to upload pictures to your post just by dragging and dropping the image into the editor.

If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know! Feel free to use this thread to test it out.

Re: New Text Editor

• Options
    P.S. You can now gif on mobile too ;)

• Options
    When I click on "Quote" using mobile all I get is "null" inside the text box and a "The quote had to be converted from Html to TextEx. Some formatting may have been lost." in a notification box under the text box.

Sorry, but this doesn't work.
  • Options
    Hey @Jen4948 What device are you using? We'll have our devs look into this, thanks for letting us know!
  • Options
    I have a Motorola Droid Maxx that uses Android.
  • Options
    Hey @Jen4948 - we think we've figured out the issue, so it should be working now. Please let us know if you're still having issues though!
  • Options
    When I clicked on Quote just now on mobile again, it still put in the HTML codes. There are buttons there for bold, italics, etc., but you can't see what the finished text will look like.
  • Options
    I haven't played around on mobile yet (because nothing on TK ever seems to work right on my Blackberry), but HALLELUJAH, I can be tagged in posts now!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I'm not a fan of the changes to the comment boxes on the site. . . I liked the old icons much better, they were easier to use, IMO.

I also liked that you could directly see changes you were making to quoted text in real time- such as bolding, making something italic, etc, whereas now you can't, you just see the HTML tags.

It appears that we can no longer easily change the color of text now. . . is that correct?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Is there any way TheKnot can show real time edits to text in both the main site and mobile sites and not the HTML tags? Having only the HTML tags makes editing text really hard in both versions.

• Options
    Hey @PrettyGirlLost and @Jen4948

Thanks for this feedback- we just spoke with tech about this, and you should be able to see the real time edits now on desktop (all that HTML can get bulky). They're working on a fix for that on mobile, but it might take a little longer.

We'll also try to find out if tech would be able to re-implement changing the color of the text, we're not sure why that was removed, but we agree that it's something you should be able to do.

Let us know if there's anymore feedback.

Thanks!
    KR
  • Options
    KnotRiley said:
    Hey @PrettyGirlLost and @Jen4948 Thanks for this feedback- we just spoke with tech about this, and you should be able to see the real time edits now on desktop (all that HTML can get bulky). They're working on a fix for that on mobile, but it might take a little longer. We'll also try to find out if tech would be able to re-implement changing the color of the text, we're not sure why that was removed, but we agree that it's something you should be able to do. Let us know if there's anymore feedback. Thanks!
    KR

Stuck in box (that's something else it would be nice if tech could fix) - Thanks @KnotRiley
  • Options
    @Jen4948 That was supposed to have been fixed :( I'll let tech know it's still happening.
  • Options
    Also, what about highlighting?  
  • Options
    Also, what about highlighting?  
    I think we should be able to lump that in with changing the color of the text, so I'll let them know we'd like that too!
  • Options
    Not sure if its related to the new text editor or not, but today I have opened a few threads for the first time (and not questions) and it automatically scrolls me down to the comment bar, past the OP and PPs.  I'm on a desktop using IE.  If I have been in a thread already, it does seem to correctly scroll me to the first new comment for me.
  • Options
    KnotHollyKnotHolly admin
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2015
    Not sure if its related to the new text editor or not, but today I have opened a few threads for the first time (and not questions) and it automatically scrolls me down to the comment bar, past the OP and PPs.  I'm on a desktop using IE.  If I have been in a thread already, it does seem to correctly scroll me to the first new comment for me.
    Hmm that's odd. Can you try clearing your cache/cookies and seeing if that fixes it? If not, let me know and we'll investigate! 
  • Options
    KnotHolly said:
    Hmm that's odd. Can you try clearing your cache/cookies and seeing if that fixes it? If not, let me know and we'll investigate! 

It still happened. 

I won't be logged on for the next few days as H & I are taking a vacation.  But if its still happening when I return, I will let you know.

• Options
    KnotHolly said:

It still happened. 

I won't be logged on for the next few days as H & I are taking a vacation.  But if its still happening when I return, I will let you know.

Thank you! We will keep an eye out for this happening, too. Have a great vacay! :smiley: 
  • Options
    How do you post GIFS now?

• Options
    KnotHollyKnotHolly admin
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2015
    @drunkenwitch

If you click on the icon that looks like a little piece of paper in the Text Editor toolbar (screenshot attached below), you can drag a gif into that space or enter the URL of the gif into the Image URL section. Let me know if you have any issues!

• Options
    @KnotHolly I am still having that scrolling issue.  I was on TK last night from home and I did not have that issue on Chrome.  Must just be my work computer since I have to use IE.
  • Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015

KnotHolly , , I can't get that to work.

• Options

Edits on both desktop and mobile versions of the forum inserts the HTML codes in texts - one sees <I></I> and not italicized text, for example.  So this is still an issue.

• Options
    @drunkenwitch I'm sorry to hear that! What's happening for you when you try? (If you're pasting the gif URL into "Image URL" it might help to press the space bar after pasting the URL.) 
  • Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
     said:
    @drunkenwitch I'm sorry to hear that! What's happening for you when you try? (If you're pasting the gif URL into "Image URL" it might help to press the space bar after pasting the URL.) 

I can do the GIFS on my phone but not on the computer. When I paste the URL for a GIF and hit enter on the computer it will post my comment with out the gif.

Got it, but wow, that's was a pain the ass.

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    KnotHolly said:

I can do the GIFS on my phone but not on the computer. When I paste the URL for a GIF and hit enter on the computer it will post my comment with out the gif.
    that is what happens to me.       I can drag some imagines, but not all.

ETA - now I know to hit space bar, not enter.  Because you know, it was silly for me to think using enter would be correct.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    @PrettyGirlLost sorry this took forever but you should have some colors back now! I know it's not all of the colors we used to have, but that'll be on my next request :) 

You can access it by selecting the 'A' to the right of the bullet list button. Let me know if you run into any issues!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards