Not Engaged Yet

Touchy Tuesday

I'm all touchy feely this morning so this seriously isn't meant as a creeper post. :wink:

I'm WFH today. I'm hoping to find some time in between my 5 meetings to get out and do some SS shopping!!! I have so many fun ideas!

Tonight is bookclub. We're way behind and we're discussing three books - The Monuments Men, Mrs. Poe, and We're All Completely Beside Ourselves. I read the first two, but not the last, but I heard it wasn't very good so I don't feel bad about it.

Anyway - feels -

What makes you feel loved?

How do you make your SO feel loved?

What are your pet peeves?

How do you like to be touched? By your SO? A close friend? Family?

What sort of touch immediately makes you angry?

Re: Touchy Tuesday

• Good morning! It's gray and dreary here and I feel like I'm in a funk. Just trying to be productive today is my main goal. I have Crossfit this afternoon. I have never gone in the afternoon, so it will be a completely different group of people, and I'm a little nervous/self-conscious.

A text or email out of nowhere checking in on me. A warm hug. A kind word.

I tell him every single day. I also try to do little things for him that he's not expecting.

Being interrupted. Having to repeat myself.

I love hugs and kisses (by the appropriate people).

I hate when men who are not your SO touch you on the lower back. That's a no-no for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I'll go ahead and answer my own questions since apparently I'm a early bird today!

Whenever someone does something for me without me asking them first. Like if H cleans the house while I'm out, or completes a project that I've really wanted done. It makes me feel like he cares and pays attention.

How do you make your SO feel loved? He very much feels loved when I spend time with him. Even if it's just sitting on the couch watching TV together. He just wants me around so I make an effort to get quality time with him every week.

What are your pet peeves? Clutter. An unmade bed. People interrupting me when I'm speaking.

How do you like to be touched? By your SO? A close friend? Family? By my H - any which way he can. ;) By a friend - I love hugs! Family - My mom and I kiss/touch cheeks and we hug a lot.

What sort of touch immediately makes you angry? Mostly touches in public. If someone gets to close to me in line and bumps in to me that pisses me off because standing as close as possible isn't going to make the line move faster!

• @cu97tiger Maybe you can think of it as fresh competition? I hope your afternoon workout goes well!

• What makes you feel loved?
    Words of affection or encouragement. When H takes care of something around the house (ahem, dishes!)

Cooking his favorite foods. Rubbing his back. Watching soccer with him.

Meanness or spite. Clutter. The word "bucks" to refer to money (completely irrational). Passive-aggressive comments or actions. Seasoning food before you even taste it.

By my H, I don't care. Close friend, hugs are OK. Family, it depends. We're not very touchy.

People petting my hair.

It's Tuesday! I'm happy I have tomorrow off for Veteran's Day. Today is our lemon bake-off at work. I brought my cake... I hope it wins, or I'll have to eat crow!!
  • @Labro - I hope not.

I mean the gif is pretty adorable, so why not? ;)

But seriously, have never heard the expression "eat crow". Is it an OK thing?

• Really?? It means to basically eat your words. My coworker and I have been teasing each other for 2 weeks about it, so if I don't win, I'm going to have to face up to that and admit that he is the better baker this time.
  • @cu97tiger - What work out is scheduled for today? I'm trying to come up with something for tonight.
  • @cu97tiger - What work out is scheduled for today? I'm trying to come up with something for tonight.

6x7 front squats (I'll try to do 55 or 60 lbs)
    5x5 bent over rows
    200 meter single arm overhead KB walk (1 for each arm).

I have no idea how heavy I'll go for the last two.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger - Does not sound fun! Good luck this afternoon! You can show the evening-Crossfitters how awesome you morning-Crossfitters are. Represent!!!
  • Morning! I am feeling very "blah" today since it's my least favorite day of the week.

When H massages my head even though every time he does my hair ends up in huge knots

Cooking his favorite foods

I have about a billion. I don't even know where to start.

Anything goes with H, I love to be close to him. With close friends we occasionally hug. My mom's family - we kiss on the cheek and hug

I'm going to have to go with @labro's response. If someone is so close to me in line that they're touching me it makes me want to punch them.

• @labro my bf has requested beef stroganof. I have my late class today though, so it may have to be something quick and save tomorrow for an actual meal. I also want to make a baked pumpkin, cookies, cupcakes. haha I told my bf he's going to get so fat because of all the food I plan on making.
  • ITS MY FIRST DAY OF MY NEW JOB!!!!! I was so excited that I went to sleep so late and I woke up hours ago even though I don't go in until 1:30 lol. And I'm literally just going in to do paperwork and go over the company rules and stuff I'm not even doing my actual job yet.

Last night I met up with an old supervisor I used to work with way back when I started at Starbucks. We hadn't seen each other in so long and it was so nice to eat and talk and we reminisced about our old store and coworkers. It was so different, when we worked together all of our coworkers hung out and were there for each other and it was really familial. Totally different from where I ended up. When I got home from dinner I caught up on The Walking Dead with my roommate and then I played SimCity for like five hours because I couldn't sleep lol.

When BF, who doesn't compliment me much, touches my face or hair or puts his arms around me. He's way more physically affectionate than I am. I love it.

I stalk his competition results online and text him encouraging things regarding school/work/his high school team/his fencing career even when I am frustrated with the time it takes away from us. I also get him coffee and persuade him to spend the night at my house when he is too tired to drive.

When people say "expresso" and when they stand in line acting impatient. We all have to stand in line, stop checking your watch and play candy crush or something.

I don't really like being touched except by BF. I like when we are walking somewhere and he grabs my hand or puts his arm around my back.

My ponytail. DO NOT TOUCH MY PONY TAIL.
  • @speakeasy14 Yay for an oven and fridge. When we were renovating last year being without that was the worst.
    @cu97tiger I bet cross fit will be great today
    @CocoBellaF I hope your lemon cake wins

It's rainy and dreary here. Nothing exciting is going on for today at work or this evening. I won't complain though. I don't mind an evening of just relaxing and reading.
    Being told, when someone goes out of their way for me in any small gesture. Someone who checks in with me to see how I am and is ok with an honest answer.

I tell him every day. I thank him for the small things he does.

Driver who don't use their turn signals. My congestion

Mostly Hugs but H is allowed to do anything.

No idea right now.

Anniversary

• Oooooh, expresso. That's a good one.
  • @speakeasy14 Yay for a new stove!! I have no idea how to cook so I wouldn't know where to start with your BF's request lol
  • @untouchablets Good luck today!!!

@peaseblossom55 I am always here to listen to how you're really doing. I hope you know you can always be honest and open with us, even if you just feel constantly yucky, it's ok! <3

• @untouchablets haha I learned how to cook from being a nosey kid and watching everything my family did. I rarely use recipes unless it is something new. I pinned an easy recipe. I've never made it before, but it actually looks pretty easy to make. THIS is the recipe I'm going to use.
  • @peaseblossom55 I agree with @labro -- you can always lean on us
  • We love you, @Peaseblossom55 !!!

agreed!!
  • I am dragging today, you guys! Bella woke me up at 4:30 with a rumbly tummy. Looks like she's having an IBS flare-up. I gave her the medicine and then petted her until she calmed down. Poor thing. Hopefully she's back to her perky self when I get home.
  • @cocobellaf do you know what triggers her IBF? Maybe avoiding certain brands or something will help?
  • @speakeasy14 Normally it is a stressful event, but I can't think of anything this week that would have stressed her out. It's been a long time since her last one.
  • @TwoDimes What if I offer to fix your tag first? Or one time I was in line behind a lady at Chipotle and she had a back-button sweater and it was unbuttoned right over her bra so I offered to help her fix it.

Ded over your whiskery aunt!! What if I gave you a cheek kiss??? I don't have whiskers!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards