New York-Long Island
Options

Dress alterations

Hi all - does anyone have a seamstress they would recommend to do wedding dress alterations for a reasonable price on Long Island? I'd love to hear about any great experiences rather than choosing a seamstress blindly (I bought my dress somewhere else but want to get alterations done closer to home). I just need basic alterations, nothing out of the ordinary.

Re: Dress alterations

• Options
    See if you can get them done by Maria at Paradise Bridal - she is a GODSENT!
  • Options
    Any of the ladies at Fantasia in Rocky Point are amazing. Vajovada's in Riverhead is also incredible if you're looking further east.

As for Paradise, I would stay far, far away. From personal experience and several friends, buyer beware.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aj051416 I disagree - I bought my dress at Paradise and had my alterations done by Maria, the owner of the store even stopped in during my last alterations and had me try my dress on in the rooms with the lights... they treated us like family - my mother and one of my bridesmaids had alterations done there too - and were all perfect with Maria as well as some other brides I know. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards