New Jersey
Options

Beach wedding

I'm looking to have a beach ceremony woth reception and cocktail hour followimg in July of 2016.most places won't accommodate because my guest list will be anywhere from 50 to 90 guests. I also need hotel rooms nearby by for traveling guests. Any suggestions? Under $15000 is what we want to spend. Also we are meeting with branches in long branch and would like to know is anyone had a wedding there and if they loved it. Thank you.please help.

Re: Beach wedding

• Options
    50-90 guests is a huge range.  I would try to narrow that down first.  You might also have to look at some untraditional places, or places that have more than one event at a time since the guest list is small to keep the cost down.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Prob closer to 70 or 80
  • Options
    You can try Doolan's in Spring Lake - they'll do your ceremony at the beach and then your cocktail hour and reception at the hotel (unless you're looking for all at that beach? I can't tell from your post). We looked and liked it but we didn't want to do the beach, so we went somewhere else. We'll have 75 people and they worked with us on that, though we were looking at Saturday afternoons. 
  • Options
    You can try Breakers on the Ocean in Spring Lake Heights, they do ceremonies on the beach (it's literally across the street) and have smaller weddings in their Seashell Room. They can also do a room block for you, but they have a 2 or 3 night minimum stay requirement during the summer, depending which weekend it is. I think that room is only available for afternoon weddings though.
  • Options
    It's not the nicest on the inside but try the Lacey Elks lodge.  Their covered picnic grounds have a lovely view.  Also check out the Avenue in Long Branch. 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone we went with branches.it was a beautiful place
  • Options
    Have you looked into spring lake bath and tennis club? I've been to a few weddings there - they hold the ceremonies on this really nice elevated deck/patio directly across and overlooking the beach and then the cocktail hour outside by the pool which was pretty and then reception right inside.  The two brides who had their weddings there found that they were very flexible/reasonable with pricing plus the venue is BYOB so you bring in your own alcohol and return anything unopened they felt that this saved them $$, and we were all able to walk to our hotels after.  Also look into Ocean Grove - its is kind of a "church run" town but they actually have a pavilion on the beach where they hold mass on Sundays in the summer! Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards