Not Engaged Yet

AW/PIP: Pro Pics and Honeymoon!

I'm totally procrastinating at work, and what better way to avoid work than to post some of my pro wedding pics and do a honeymoon recap? Ask and you shall receive!

Honeymoon: We went to Universal Studios and Walt Disney World in Orlando from November 1-11. I ended up coming down with a cold or sinus infection, and it of course lasted the entire time we were gone. I loaded up on meds each day and powered through, but it figures that the one time I get sick post-sinus surgery is on my honeymoon. :-P I guess it really is true that brides and grooms have a tendency to get sick after the wedding.

I won't bore you with a ton of details, but we absolutely loved Universal Studios and Walt Disney World. I know they aren't super popular honeymoon destinations around here, but we really enjoyed ourselves. H's favorite part was the Harry Potter theme parks. It was so well done, and we're both huge HP nerds, so we had a blast drinking butterbeer and picking out wands. The parks weren't very crowded either, so we didn't have to wait very long for rides and other attractions. Here's a pic of us in front of Hogwarts:

Walt Disney World was so much fun. They were already celebrating Christmas, so there were Christmas carols playing, fake snow at night, and the castle was done up for Christmas too. I'm dying to decorate for Christmas now. The crowds weren't bad while we were there, so we got to ride just about everything with a minimal wait. The only time we had issues was on Saturday, which is of course normally a busy time for a theme park, but they also had a marathon going on, so everything was packed. We tried attending the Food & Wine Festival that day, but it was way too busy, so we just hung out and had a down day, which was really nice and relaxing. We got to go back to the festival later on, and it was AWESOME. The food was delicious, and the drinks were great. Om nom nom. Here are a few pics from Disney World:

Now for the professional wedding pics! In total, we received 428 pictures. Yeah, nuts. Here are a few of my favorites:

I got the flower girls sticker books and coloring books to help keep them entertained while we got ready. One flower girl decided to do this to her mom, and I love how proud she looks in this pic:

I'm super short, so I had to sit on pillows to get my hair done:

Flower girls being monkeys:

Dress shot:

Rings and shoes shot:

Wedding party shot:

Dancing in the courtyard:

Close up shot of courtyard:

Fun umbrella shot:

H and the sword:

I love the peanut gallery in the background:

Glow stick send off:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW/PIP: Pro Pics and Honeymoon!

• Congratulations!!! We were talking about doing our honeymoon (with the boys) to Universal. We're going to wait till next fall though, when Noah is a little older and can handle it a bit better.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Glow sticks! Cute idea :) You guys are so cute! Congrats again!
  • Absolutely. Freaking. Stunning! I'm so glad you had a blast on your HM even though you were sick. The pictures are all amazing! 

• Awesome photos and I'm jealous that you've been to WWHP!
  • I love them all!  The wedding pictures are great, and I'm glad you had so much fun on your honeymoon (even if you were sick).  Your flower girls are super adorable.
  • I love that picture of you two with Buzz! Your photog was AMAZING. I'm in love with them all, especially the ones of you guys together in the courtyard. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @beanbot2002 Universal was so much fun! The Harry Potter theme parks are in two separate parks, and you can ride the Hogwarts Express between the two. All of their theming in each area of the parks was really well done, and the rides were great too. I agree that it's best to wait for Noah to to be a little older. I think he'd really love it at age 3 or 4, but they also have some great roller coasters and more intense rides for Bean. 

@MissKittyDanger Thanks! The glow sticks were so much fun!

@Swazzle *blushes* Thank you!

@KeptInStitches I highly recommend WWHP! It was so much fun!

@futuremrshistorian Thank you! 

@audrewuh Buzz was so much fun! Yes, our photographers were great. I'm soooo glad we went with him. He and the other photographer snuck into the photo booth and left some pretty hilarious pics in our guest book. 

@TwoDimes Apparently it's really common. The stress from the wedding prep leads to a weakened immune system, and at the reception you're surrounded by a lot of people and a lot of germs. It could have been so much worse though. Last year a friend of mine came down with pneumonia during her honeymoon and had to fly back early... so a cold/sinus infection was nothing to complain about compared to that. 

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    Love. Everything.

I'm so glad that you had fun, and were able to enjoy yourself even with a cold.  Your photographer was amazing and did a great job getting fabulous candid shots.   
  • @eilis1228 I took Bean when he was 9 or 10. We LOVED WWofHP, although it was only the Hogsmead/Hogwarts section. I am DYING to get back for the new expansion. 
    Our favorite coaster was The Hulk. I think we went out it 4 or 5 times! 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• So beautiful, love it all!!

• Congrats!!! You are so gorgeous! And also, your honeymoon looks like a blast!

• Congrats! The pictures are fantastic! So glad you had a great time on your honeymoon too!

• Ahhh sorry for taking so long to reply! TK's IT issues kept me out of threads for a couple of days.

@AuroraRose41 Thank you! I'm so happy with how they turned out!

@bethsmiles Thank you! We loved every minute of the honeymoon. WWoHP was so cool!

@jenna8984 Thank you! :) 

@beanbot2002 The new HP park is awesome. We really felt like we were in Diagon Alley, and they also have a Knockturn Alley part too. Ollivanders is in both parks too, which is really fun. The Hulk was closed for construction when we were there. :( We were really bummed.

@speakeasy14 Thank you! Our photographer did such an amazing job, and he was so much fun to work with. The cold of course cleared up the day after we got home... grrrrr.

• I love your photos! I love Disney, and I really want to go to WWoHP. Butterbeeeeeeeeeer.

• @wink0erin Frozen Butterbeer was the best thing ever. 

• I love this SO SO SO much...all caps necessary.  The dancing pictures of you and your H are magazine worthy...swoon.  
  • @minskat30 Thank you! I can't wait to have that one framed!

• Congratulations!! Everything was so stunning. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations!! Your pictures are gorgeous, seriously amazing. The courtyard one is perfection. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your honeymoon, but I'm sorry you got sick. Did you end up buying wands?
  • @jenjen047 Yes! I got Ginny's wand, and H got a random Death Eater's wand. Damn Slytherin.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards